Looks like FCC's are shareable and stackable

Dear valued Travel Partners,

Royal Caribbean Group understands that time is of the essence — so we've automated many processes on CruisingPower.com and the Espresso reservation system to make your jobs easier. That means you can get right back to tending to your clients and planning their next vacation.

We are thrilled to announce that we have brand-new enhancements to share with you, launching today! You can now redeem your clients’ Cruise with Confidence, Global Sailing Suspension, and Non-Refundable Deposit Program Future Cruise Credits instantly. Yes, you read that right! This new method provides you with more visibility into the price and promotions on the booking, and confirmation of the application of certificates. Talk about a win, win for your accounting and for your clients. 

Additionally, you are now able to submit multiple FCCs, should your clients have more than one in their name, as well as share the value of FCCs across multiple clients in the same booking. You have asked and we have listened!

Your feedback and insight was the driving force behind this enhancement. We have been diligently working on streamlining this process for you and are so excited to offer you and your clients this NEW and exciting alternative to make redeeming Future Cruise Credits simple and easy.

For detailed instructions and FAQs, please visit the below.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

7. I have a client that has multiple certificates. Can more than one certificate be applied to the same client at the same time? Is there a limit?

o Yes, multiple certificates can be applied to the same client if they were all issued in response to Cruising With Confidence or our Global Sailing Suspension; this also includes Non Refundable Deposit FCCs issued through Cruise with Confidence. If your client has multiple FCCs in their name that were created outside of these programs, they cannot be combined with each other at this time. Cruisingpower, Coupon Redemption and Espresso can be used to submit up to 8 certificates per client per transaction. If you need to redeem more certificates, you are able to repeat this step again as needed. Certificates in Latte are submitted and applied one at a time.

9. What happens if the FCC value for one of my clients in the booking is more than the amount they individually owe and they want to use the remaining balance to cover payment for others in their reservation?

o As you are submitting certificates for redemption, you have the option to indicate whether the value of those certificates should be shared among clients in the same reservation. If you decide to share the value, once the eligible charges for the client named on the certificate are satisfied, the system will automatically proceed to apply the remaining value of that certificate to other clients in the same booking starting with client 1 and proceeding to clients 2, 3, then 4.

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I don't think that will happen unless Royal cancels the sailings...like they did with Alaska and Quantum

Thanks, Ken. Here's hoping RCI offers Lift & Shift before the paid-in-full dates of cancelled cruises.

• Like 1

Just now, NancyIL said:

Thanks, Ken. Here's hoping RCI offers Lift & Shift before the paid-in-full dates of cancelled cruises.

I think that will be a mixture depending on timing.  Alaska worked out as they cancelled the entire season.  For other sailings that get cancelled a month or two at a time it may not work out.

32 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Dear valued Travel Partners,
Additionally, you are now able to submit multiple FCCs, should your clients have more than one in their name, as well as share the value of FCCs across multiple clients in the same booking. You have asked and we have listened!

That is fantastic news that leftover FCC from one guest can now be used on the other guests.  This was the main reason we took the refund instead of FCC.  I wonder if RCCL is doing this in response to so many people opting for the refund and not the FCC with the extension of cancellations and they want to keep the money from those reservations to keep the company going until sailings resume?

The only other issue I had with FCC before is that we had one individual in our cabin who will be going off to university so there is no way she would have been able to use her allocated FCC because she can no longer travel when we can due to different school breaks, and she is too young to travel by herself and book a cabin, so the FCC on her is wasted.  Did they address this situation at all?

19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No still Book by April 30, 2022 and sail by Sept 30, 202.

I would expect these to be extended if they announce further cancellations

Thank you for sharing.  This is great news.   I was just reading the CWC rules and it states this covers all cruises booked on or before January 31, 2021.  So what happens to any cruises booked after Jan. 31?  We're on our own like the old days before COVID?

2 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

The only other issue I had with FCC before is that we had one individual in our cabin who will be going off to university so there is no way she would have been able to use her allocated FCC because she can no longer travel when we can due to different school breaks, and she is too young to travel by herself and book a cabin, so the FCC on her is wasted.  Did they address this situation at all?

That issue was not addressed in this e mail but I have heard that exceptions have been made where they have been treated as a minor as they are still under 21 and cannot sail alone.  their FCC has been allowed to be used by a parent

1 minute ago, Cruiser24 said:

Thank you for sharing.  This is great news.   I was just reading the CWC rules and it states this covers all cruises booked on or before January 31, 2021.  So what happens to any cruises booked after Jan. 31?  We're on our own like the old days before COVID?

For now cruises booked after Jan 31, 2021 are not covered under CWC and regular cancellation penalties apply.

I expect an extension this week.

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That issue was not addressed in this e mail but I have heard that exceptions have been made where they have been treated as a minor as they are still under 21 and cannot sail alone.  their FCC has been allowed to be used by a parent

That would be great if they did that.  We have friends in that same situation who cancelled the March Adventure 2020 cruise and just got 100% of the value for the FCC since they themselves cancelled before the sailing was cancelled.  They have a daughter who will not be able to use her portion of the FCC since she will be off to university in September.  If they can get her FCC applied to them (the parents paid for the cruise anyways, so it never should have been an issue for a minor transferring their FCC) to the parents, they may join us on the Odyssey for 2022 March.

4 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

That would be great if they did that.  We have friends in that same situation who cancelled the March Adventure 2020 cruise and just got 100% of the value for the FCC since they themselves cancelled before the sailing was cancelled.  They have a daughter who will not be able to use her portion of the FCC since she will be off to university in September.  If they can get her FCC applied to them (the parents paid for the cruise anyways, so it never should have been an issue for a minor transferring their FCC) to the parents, they may join us on the Odyssey for 2022 March.

Go through post cruise, or possibly your contact that you used for your other issue.

• Like 1