Looks like FCC's are shareable and stackable

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I don't think that will happen unless Royal cancels the sailings...like they did with Alaska and Quantum

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Alaska worked out as they cancelled the entire season. 

To clarify, they currently only cancelled Alaska for Quantum sailings, correct? No other Alaska sailings have been cancelled at this time, correct?

Edited by Another_Critic

5 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

I wonder if RCCL is doing this in response to so many people opting for the refund and not the FCC with the extension of cancellations and they want to keep the money from those reservations to keep the company going until sailings resume?

This change will change my

mind from “cashing in “ an FCC and, instead, holding on to it and stack it with another smaller one . The cancellations are beginning to back up and I don’t have enough future ones booked if they continues to limit it to one FCC per cruise. 

Also increases the possibility of making a final payment if I am more confident that I can use the FCC. 

mac_tlc

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Ken ,it says instant FCC credit.

So does that mean,if the cruise is canceled I don’t have to wait for it to be processed?

I think last time I had to wait 5 weeks and to rebook straight away I had to pay another deposit.

Not sure if it will speed up the time it takes to issue them when a cruise is cancelled but I was told today that once toy apply the FCC if there is residual amounts they should be ready to reapply in 48 hours. 

the instant refers to being able to see it applied to your reservation immediately. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I need guidance.  I am booked on Rhapsody of the Seas 5/1/2021 which I think the consensus is it will be cancelled.  Final payment is 2/1/2021 and I have already gotten a reminder email.  The issue is my friend that booked with me will not be able to cruise with me again until Fall 2022, as she has other vacation and family commitments.  

I hate to pay final payment and then it be cancelled in a month or so, but also do  not want to lose $200 of the deposit.  I actually have 2 cruises booked (Freedom 9/16 nine night to New England and Odyssey 1/29/2022).   I tried to reschedule to Oct 2022, but was told I would  lose $200 as it would be after the April 2022 date.

What are your thoughts?  I can pay final if needed to save the deposit, but I do not really want to wait for the money to be returned once it is cancelled.

Pat

5 minutes ago, patattack said:

I need guidance.  I am booked on Rhapsody of the Seas 5/1/2021 which I think the consensus is it will be cancelled.  Final payment is 2/1/2021 and I have already gotten a reminder email.  The issue is my friend that booked with me will not be able to cruise with me again until Fall 2022, as she has other vacation and family commitments.  

I hate to pay final payment and then it be cancelled in a month or so, but also do  not want to lose $200 of the deposit.  I actually have 2 cruises booked (Freedom 9/16 nine night to New England and Odyssey 1/29/2022).   I tried to reschedule to Oct 2022, but was told I would  lose $200 as it would be after the April 2022 date.

What are your thoughts?  I can pay final if needed to save the deposit, but I do not really want to wait for the money to be returned once it is cancelled.

Pat

You do not lose $200 of the deposit.

you can cancel now under CWC and 100% of your deposit is given as a FCC.  Apply by April 30, 2022 and sail by Sept 30, 2022.

I would also expect that those sailing dates for the FCC’s  get extended again

Edited by Ourusualbeach

53 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You do not lose $200 of the deposit.

you can cancel now under CWC and 100% of your deposit is given as a FCC.  Apply by April 30, 2022 and sail by Sept 30, 2022.

I would also expect that those sailing dates for the FCC’s  get extended again

Thanks for your help!  I will just get the FCC and then apply by April 30, 2022. 

Pat

• Like 1

I'm a bit confused....Can an excess from an FCC (RCI cancelled cruise) be used towards someone sailing with us in another cabin?

Any possibility (rumor) that small amounts of excess FCC's can be used for OBC?

Edited by Ashland

This is good news.

I just requested a refund for the cancelled odyssey maiden voyage - if this had been in place then I would have taken a FCC.

I have an August 2021 Caribbean cruise I would really like to lift and shift - please extend the dates now !!

The prices for the same cruise next year (albeit on harmony and not Allure ) are eye-watering- I would not pay them.

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Not sure if it will speed up the time it takes to issue them when a cruise is cancelled but I was told today that once toy apply the FCC if there is residual amounts they should be ready to reapply in 48 hours. 

the instant refers to being able to see it applied to your reservation immediately. 

I assume the residual amount leftover will have a new FCC number?

5 hours ago, Ashland said:

I'm a bit confused....Can an excess from an FCC (RCI cancelled cruise) be used towards someone sailing with us in another cabin?

This portion of Royals communication:

share the value of FCCs across multiple clients in the same booking. 

would tell me that you can’t apply it to another booking/cabin.

mac_tlc

16 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

This portion of Royals communication:

share the value of FCCs across multiple clients in the same booking. 

would tell me that you can’t apply it to another booking/cabin.

mac_tlc

The only way it could be shared across cabins would be for reservations of 5 or more in one room.  

6 hours ago, Ashland said:

It cannot be shared across rooms unless it was a room that held more than 4 guests..

There is no longer a need for small FCC’s to be used as OBC as each guest in a reservation can apply up to 8 different FCC’s against the reservation in one transaction, if that is not enough you can do a second transaction and add another 8 FCC’s.

There is basically no limit on the number of FCC’s each guest can apply other than running out of cruise fare to apply them to.  

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It cannot be shared across rooms unless it was a room that held more than 4 guests..

There is no longer a need for small FCC’s to be used as OBC as each guest in a reservation can apply up to 8 different FCC’s against the reservation in one transaction, if that is not enough you can do a second transaction and add another 8 FCC’s.

There is basically no limit on the number of FCC’s each guest can apply other than running out of cruise fare to apply them to.  

Royal might have kept a lot more money if they came out with this policy 6 months ago😇

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We (extended family) have 3 GS's all have used FCC from cancelled cruise to pay in full. I can easily apply my excess to another booked cruise I have but one family group of 4 (price guarantee & KSF & 125% so we upgraded from JS to GS) in one of the cabins is going to have an excess of $800...it's this amount we need to figure out how to use...as we're not sure they will be cruising anytime soon.

If they decide to once 2023 schedule comes out will the excess from their FCC have a new use/sail by date?

We sail in April 2022....Sorry this is so confusing.

1 minute ago, Ashland said:

We (extended family) have 3 GS's all have used FCC from cancelled cruise to pay in full. I can easily apply my excess to another booked cruise I have but one family group of 4 (price guarantee & KSF & 125% so we upgraded from JS to GS) in one of the cabins is going to have an excess of $800...it's this amount we need to figure out how to use...as we're not sure they will be cruising anytime soon.

If they decide to once 2023 schedule comes out will the excess from their FCC have a new use/sail by date?

We sail in April 2022....Sorry this is so confusing.

Since the FCC is reissued immediately I'm not sure if they are now allowing a 12 month extension from when it is reissued and even if they did and you applied it just before final then the new expiry date would be Jan 2023.

My guess is that expiry dates will change again

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Since the FCC is reissued immediately I'm not sure if they are now allowing a 12 month extension from when it is reissued and even if they did and you applied it just before final then the new expiry date would be Jan 2023.

My guess is that expiry dates will change again

So do I have any options to not lose this $800 (I paid for entire cruise for all 10 of us) and would hope there is some way to use it....Thanks for your always appreciated help.