Looks like FCC's are shareable and stackable

4 hours ago, waterfever said:

I have a question not related to your original post.  I booked a cruise for August 15, 2021, on Allure.  When I called a Cocoa Beach hotel to book a room for a night before the cruise, the person that I spoke to told me not to bother because the cruise will be cancelled.  She said they got some kind of pre-information from RCCL because they are in the hospitality industry and that the information would be released to the general public soon.  Have you heard anything to that effect?

We are also booked on that cruise.

I was/am really hoping it sails , and I will probably make final payment on it , if it hasn't been cancelled before then.

At least that will let me lift and shift to next year if necessary - we have a suite booked at a fantastic price - the same suite on the same sailing on Harmony next year is currently almost 3 times what I paid!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

Hmmm... if you don't hear from someone soon, I would try Michael Bayley directly.

Well we heard back from guest relations.....bottom line - they told us to go pound sand. Cert. are non transferrable. 

Edited by CTCruiser76

22 hours ago, CTCruiser76 said:

Well I can tell  you, its not a great PR move......My wife and I are rather young and have many of cruises in our future...not sure they will be with RCCL any longer........

I'm so sorry to hear that. I would suggest that you try once more, perhaps directly to MBayley@rccl.com. Try to explain what happened as clearly as possible, as well as be sure to point out that Covid was the reason behind the cancellation and the reason for your family not wanting to use their FCC. Discuss the fact that you are looking forward to cruising a lot in the future, and would love to stay with Royal, but that you are questioning that based on this situation.

• Like 3

Looking for the right answer, I know I'll find it here.... Coming up the end of May is final payment for the Oasis (Bayonne 7nighter) on September 12th 2021. If I make final payment and the cruise lines cancel the cruise AFTERWARDS what happens to all the money I just payed. I have a $200.00 FCC and a $300.00 deposit right now. We're booked in a Non Refundable deposit. I know this has already happened to a lot of cruisers already, I'm also looking to hear what options were given to you when it happened and what you did as a result. Thanks in advance to those who reply.

Edited by DJLDRUMS
adding one more line

5 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Looking for the right answer, I know I'll find it here.... Coming up the end of May is final payment for the Oasis (Bayonne 7nighter) on September 12th 2021. If I make final payment and the cruise lines cancel the cruise AFTERWARDS what happens to all the money I just payed. I have a $200.00 FCC and a $300.00 deposit right now. We're booked in a Non Refundable deposit. I know this has already happened to a lot of cruisers already, I'm also looking to hear what options were given to you when it happened and what you did as a result. Thanks in advance to those who reply.

If the cruise line cancels you will have the option for a full refund EXCEPT...

if you applied an FCZc that was from a sailing that you cancelled then that FCC will be reinstated.

only applied FCC’s that were originally from a sailing cancelled by Royal will be refunded. 

in your case it sounds like the $200 FCC will be reinstated and everything else refunded

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Thanks, I knew you'd jump on this as you have done in the past with others.. THANKS ! The $200.00 FCC was bought on a sailing in March 2021, a week before the ....hit the fan. it wasn't applied to anything else in the meantime. So does this change anything? So is the answer I would receive the full price payed for the cruise in addition to the $300.00 deposit on my credit card and how about the future cruise credit I paid $200.00 for. What happens to that?

Thanks again.

Edited by DJLDRUMS
error

8 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Thanks, I knew you'd jump on this as you have done in the past with others.. THANKS ! The $200.00 FCC was bought on a sailing in March 2021, a week before the ....hit the fan. it wasn't applied to anything else in the meantime. So does this change anything? So is the answer I would receive the full price payed for the cruise in addition to the $300.00 deposit on my credit card and how about the future cruise credit I paid $200.00 for. What happens to that?

Thanks again.

I think you mean next cruise credit as you cannot purchase a FCC.

the $200 next cruise credit you can move to any other sailing or a new one.  It will not be refunded. 

everything else including the $300 would be refunded to your credit card. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

On 2/3/2021 at 1:11 AM, waterfever said:

I have a question not related to your original post.  I booked a cruise for August 15, 2021, on Allure.  When I called a Cocoa Beach hotel to book a room for a night before the cruise, the person that I spoke to told me not to bother because the cruise will be cancelled.  She said they got some kind of pre-information from RCCL because they are in the hospitality industry and that the information would be released to the general public soon.  Have you heard anything to that effect?

We're booked on August 22, 2021 on Allure.  Please let me know if you hear anything else.  I booked a room for the night before online.  

On 2/5/2021 at 6:22 PM, erinsmom03 said:

I'm so sorry to hear that. I would suggest that you try once more, perhaps directly to MBayley@rccl.com. Try to explain what happened as clearly as possible, as well as be sure to point out that Covid was the reason behind the cancellation and the reason for your family not wanting to use their FCC. Discuss the fact that you are looking forward to cruising a lot in the future, and would love to stay with Royal, but that you are questioning that based on this situation.

Great new update !!  After our email to Michael Bayley, someone from 'his office' called today and reassigned each of our mothers certificates to each of us. He said they should have done it from the first email, as this did not have to be sent to the CEO'S mailbox and apologized. He said that maybe they thought we were asking for a refund, which is why the told us no at first, but the letters clearly asked just to reassign to each child. Anyway, its done and now we are satisfied future cruisers.  Thanks for everyone's help !

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, CTCruiser76 said:

Great new update !!  After our email to Michael Bayley, someone from 'his office' called today and reassigned each of our mothers certificates to each of us. He said they should have done it from the first email, as this did not have to be sent to the CEO'S mailbox and apologized. He said that maybe they thought we were asking for a refund, which is why the told us no at first, but the letters clearly asked just to reassign to each child. Anyway, its done and now we are satisfied future cruisers.  Thanks for everyone's help !

Awesome news, so glad that it worked out.

Unfortunately,  there seem to be far too cases where people try the proper route and get nowhere and have to resort going to the top to get what should have been done the first time. 

I feel for all those who try the proper route and then give up not knowing that there are still other avenues to pursue.  Glad you weren’t one of them.

• Like 3

On 2/3/2021 at 1:11 AM, waterfever said:

We are on that cruise also . Would love to know before final payment. I don’t expect it to go.

mac_tlc

On 2/10/2021 at 7:34 PM, CTCruiser76 said:

I am so happy that it worked out for you and your family! 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Are we absolutely sure this is the case?

I booked a cruise in November last week despite my misgivings.  I had two $499 FCCs, one in my name and one in my wife's, from an April 2020 cruise that got canceled by RCL.  The rest of my family cashed out, I'm the only one who kept the FCCs.  Fast forward to now, I decided to use them at my wife's behest rather than canceling for the refund of the original $399 fare.

I found a cruise on the same ship and booked a 5 day OV stateroom that RCL's site said cost $502 per guest.  Close enough.  With the port charges, taxes, fees, etc and pre-paid gratuities, the total came to $1,385.36.  I paid a $200 deposit, bring it to $1,185.36.  I applied the two FCCs "successfully" and expected the balance due to then be $187.36.

When I opened the planner to check the balance owed, it showed my final payment amount to be $423.36.  Hmmm.  Called Royal and the rep first tried to give me some song and dance about the port charges and tax not being covered by the FCC.  I persisted and told him the total calculated was inclusive of all that and the pre-paid gratuities.  After some more "digging," he said that since my wife's fare was 60% off with the sale (this is the only sale I've seen offered in ages, and probably for this reason) - that her FCC was greater than her total fare and that $236 was left over.  I told him that I was under the impression that the FCCs were shareable as long as the holders were in the same cabin (disregard the fact that both the original cruise and this one were both paid in full by me on one credit card) and he said they were.  He told me they'd issue me another FCC for $236 and that I could then apply that to this cruise.  He tried to blame me saying there was a box requesting that FCCs be shared among the cabin members when I booked, but no such option was presented.  Fine, whatever.

So, the $236 FCC comes in.  I get the number and try 10 times to apply it at royalcaribbean.com/redeem and the site is malfunctioning for days, won't allow you to choose your ship when asking for your sailing info, so you can't access your reservation to apply it (this is still happening, BTW.)  Finally, after 3 days, I manage to get through and it says the credit was applied successfully and that I'll get a new booking invoice within 24-48 hours.  This was 5 days ago, still haven't seen it.  Balance due is still $423.36.  I've sent 3 e-mails to RCL just asking simply for a copy of my invoice so I can see the breakdown of charges - they promised this to me when I originally booked.  Still haven't gotten it.

WHY ARE THEY MAKING THIS SO DIFFICULT?  All I want is the 25% kicker I am owed for letting them hold my money for the last 15 months.  I assume I need to call RCL again, but I fully expect them to tell me I can't apply the remaining FCC because it's in my wife's name and I'm trying to apply it to my fare.  I'm guessing if I ask them to cash it out so I can apply the funds to my balance due, they'll either tell me I can't because it's partially used or I'll lose the 25% "bonus" on it.  I'd even accept that at this point.

I'm really trying and have been trying to help them out by not cashing out when all their ships were grounded and by taking another cruise despite serious misgivings rather than taking my $ back.  They are making it very tough to do so and I'm not thrilled.  Anyone had similar situations arise and/or have advice on how to handle it?  Am I doing something wrong?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Evilgrin72 said:

Are we absolutely sure this is the case?

I booked a cruise in November last week despite my misgivings.  I had two $499 FCCs, one in my name and one in my wife's, from an April 2020 cruise that got canceled by RCL.  The rest of my family cashed out, I'm the only one who kept the FCCs.  Fast forward to now, I decided to use them at my wife's behest rather than canceling for the refund of the original $399 fare.

I found a cruise on the same ship and booked a 5 day OV stateroom that RCL's site said cost $502 per guest.  Close enough.  With the port charges, taxes, fees, etc and pre-paid gratuities, the total came to $1,385.36.  I paid a $200 deposit, bring it to $1,185.36.  I applied the two FCCs "successfully" and expected the balance due to then be $187.36.

When I opened the planner to check the balance owed, it showed my final payment amount to be $423.36.  Hmmm.  Called Royal and the rep first tried to give me some song and dance about the port charges and tax not being covered by the FCC.  I persisted and told him the total calculated was inclusive of all that and the pre-paid gratuities.  After some more "digging," he said that since my wife's fare was 60% off with the sale (this is the only sale I've seen offered in ages, and probably for this reason) - that her FCC was greater than her total fare and that $236 was left over.  I told him that I was under the impression that the FCCs were shareable as long as the holders were in the same cabin (disregard the fact that both the original cruise and this one were both paid in full by me on one credit card) and he said they were.  He told me they'd issue me another FCC for $236 and that I could then apply that to this cruise.  He tried to blame me saying there was a box requesting that FCCs be shared among the cabin members when I booked, but no such option was presented.  Fine, whatever.

So, the $236 FCC comes in.  I get the number and try 10 times to apply it at royalcaribbean.com/redeem and the site is malfunctioning for days, won't allow you to choose your ship when asking for your sailing info, so you can't access your reservation to apply it (this is still happening, BTW.)  Finally, after 3 days, I manage to get through and it says the credit was applied successfully and that I'll get a new booking invoice within 24-48 hours.  This was 5 days ago, still haven't seen it.  Balance due is still $423.36.  I've sent 3 e-mails to RCL just asking simply for a copy of my invoice so I can see the breakdown of charges - they promised this to me when I originally booked.  Still haven't gotten it.

WHY ARE THEY MAKING THIS SO DIFFICULT?  All I want is the 25% kicker I am owed for letting them hold my money for the last 15 months.  I assume I need to call RCL again, but I fully expect them to tell me I can't apply the remaining FCC because it's in my wife's name and I'm trying to apply it to my fare.  I'm guessing if I ask them to cash it out so I can apply the funds to my balance due, they'll either tell me I can't because it's partially used or I'll lose the 25% "bonus" on it.  I'd even accept that at this point.

I'm really trying and have been trying to help them out by not cashing out when all their ships were grounded and by taking another cruise despite serious misgivings rather than taking my $ back.  They are making it very tough to do so and I'm not thrilled.  Anyone had similar situations arise and/or have advice on how to handle it?  Am I doing something wrong?

Genuinely feeling your pain.  We've dealt with this similar situation on multiple cancelled cruises.

No, you are not doing anything wrong...we've been given the same excuse but we love Royal and just made sure we use a spreadsheet.  Problem is...we simply couldn't keep up with what Royal is doing.

For example, we recently used 2 FCC's...around $2600 each. (Knowing full well that prices have gone up...making the extra 25% moot.)  We were told that part of the $2600 couldn't be fully applied...$599.  "It's the system", we were told.  We were also told that new FCC's will be issued and we can apply it.  The new FCC's were issued and we tried applying it.  RCCL then said "Sorry, but $237 can't be applied, a new FCC will be issued and you can apply it."  We are still waiting for the FCC's to be issued.  Multiply this a few times and even with our spreadsheets and taking copious notes...we simply couldn't keep up.

Staying positive and hope to sail again...happy sailing.

2 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Genuinely feeling your pain.  We've dealt with this similar situation on multiple cancelled cruises.

No, you are not doing anything wrong...we've been given the same excuse but we love Royal and just made sure we use a spreadsheet.  Problem is...we simply couldn't keep up with what Royal is doing.

For example, we recently used 2 FCC's...around $2600 each. (Knowing full well that prices have gone up...making the extra 25% moot.)  We were told that part of the $2600 couldn't be fully applied...$599.  "It's the system", we were told.  We were also told that new FCC's will be issued and we can apply it.  The new FCC's were issued and we tried applying it.  RCCL then said "Sorry, but $237 can't be applied, a new FCC will be issued and you can apply it."  We are still waiting for the FCC's to be issued.  Multiply this a few times and even with our spreadsheets and taking copious notes...we simply couldn't keep up.

Staying positive and hope to sail again...happy sailing.

Good Lord, you're even farther down the rabbit hole than I am.

As it stands, I would have been better off cashing out the two $399 fares and just applying the money to a new booking.  I "gained" $200 (ostensibly) by taking the FCCs to begin with, and as it stands, it's going to cost me $236 to use them, in the form of another FCC that I can't use by the deadline.  Is that what RCL really wants to do?  It's in essence penalizing people for their loyalty.  This will be my last RCL cruise if so, just based on principle, it's not really the small amount of $ I'm concerned with.

Sounds like you're dealing with way more credits and way more $, so I wish you all the luck in the world getting it rectified.

I also wonder if their apparent reluctance to even send me an invoice for my booking is a way to ensure people that are on the ball stay in the dark.  All I know right now is what I owe, I don't even have a breakdown of what portion of that is the balance of my fare, etc.  I suppose I could take the time to do all the math, but even assuming it all adds up, why is it so hard to just get an invoice?  I'm in the customer service business myself (different field) and if my customers had to deal with this, heads would roll.  Probably my own if the board caught wind of it.

43 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes, I have done it numerous times for clients.  unfortunately it doesn't always work on line so its best to call.  Unless things are done all at once it creates issues.

Well, the "done all at once" ship has sailed (pun intended) so I guess I can only hope for the best at this point.  I suspect this is going to be a battle.....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2021 at 11:24 AM, Evilgrin72 said:

so, the $236 FCC comes in.  I get the number and try 10 times to apply it at royalcaribbean.com/redeem and the site is malfunctioning for days, won't allow you to choose your ship when asking for your sailing info, so you can't access your reservation to apply it (this is still happening, BTW.) 

I was having the same problem, with the dropdown menu for the ship not working.  I fixed that by changing my browser from Chrome to Edge.  I still can't get my FCC applied, but, it's apparently some other issue. 

1 hour ago, maureencruiser said:

I was having the same problem, with the dropdown menu for the ship not working.  I fixed that by changing my browser from Chrome to Edge.  I still can't get my FCC applied, but, it's apparently some other issue. 

I finally gave up and called. By a stroke of luck, I got a competent agent and after sitting on hold for 10 minutes, he came back and told me the FCC was applied and that a new invoice would be e-mailed to me. I wasn't holding my breath, but I FINALLY got the invoice I didn't receive prior and the balance was correct. 

Now I just need them to refund the $200 extra deposit they billed me for when the original booking went sideways and I'll be whole. 4 weeks and counting on that, but as long as they credit it back before final payment, I'll be happy. 

13 hours ago, Evilgrin72 said:

I finally gave up and called. By a stroke of luck, I got a competent agent and after sitting on hold for 10 minutes, he came back and told me the FCC was applied and that a new invoice would be e-mailed to me.

Yeah, I tried calling, they tried to apply it for over an hour then said it had to go through AA.  I called AA to take care of it and they were told I had to call.

5 hours ago, maureencruiser said:

Yeah, I tried calling, they tried to apply it for over an hour then said it had to go through AA.  I called AA to take care of it and they were told I had to call.

The only time you are required to use your original travel agent in applying FCC's is if there is a disagreement over the amount of the FCC.  In that case Royal will only talk to the original travel agent to resolve the differences