Lift and shift will still apply to cancelled cruises

Hello,

I hope this short break gives RCI time to provide geography lessons to their front line staff.

An attempt by me to move cruises out of Southampton only to be offered cruises out of Copenhagen ended with the staff saying they were going to look for an atlas.

Regards,

Cublet

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I hope this short break gives RCI time to provide geography lessons to their front line staff.

An attempt by me to move cruises out of Southampton only to be offered cruises out of Copenhagen ended with the staff saying they were going to look for an atlas.

Regards,

Cublet

Depending on where you want  to cruise - the Anthem has some northern European itineraries that sail out of Southampton.  RCI also uses Copenhagen, Stockholm, and Amsterdam for those itineraries. 

Edited by NancyIL

After RCL cancelled our baltic last year, we did the L&S to this year, then they cancelled that one. I don't think RCL is doing their loyal customers a good service so we decided to shelve cruises entirely until things return to full normal (which they won't). I predict that cruises, even ten years out from now, everyone will be wearing masks and it'll be sip, mask on, eat, mask back on. You can't pay a cruise vacation and get that treatment!

6 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Regards,

Cublet

We had a TA from Galveston to Barcelona cancelled, when I called about the lift and shift they offered me a Transpacific from Sydney to Honolulu as it's the same date in 2022, not ideal as I'm in the UK

11 minutes ago, welshrich said:

We had a TA from Galveston to Barcelona cancelled, when I called about the lift and shift they offered me a Transpacific from Sydney to Honolulu as it's the same date in 2022, not ideal as I'm in the UK

I have a friend who made that Lift & Shift - as it was a great bargain for the Transpacific!

I had a June 2020 cruise cancelled and applied the 125% FCC to a June 2021 cruise (L&S was not an available option).  If Royal cancels my June 2021 cruise do you think I will have the option to L&S to the same June 2022 cruise with my same booking class, etc. or will I have to opt for reinstating my FCC?  We have a suite and the prices of suites for 2022 are WAY more than my 2021 cruise.

7 minutes ago, dayking said:

I had a June 2020 cruise cancelled and applied the 125% FCC to a June 2021 cruise (L&S was not an available option).  If Royal cancels my June 2021 cruise do you think I will have the option to L&S to the same June 2022 cruise with my same booking class, etc. or will I have to opt for reinstating my FCC?  We have a suite and the prices of suites for 2022 are WAY more than my 2021 cruise.

Royal has stated that lift and shift would be an option if they cancelled cruises going forward as long as there is a comparable itinerary to shift to.  Whether or not you applied FCC from a previous sailing is irrelevant  

• Thanks 1

We have an Alaska cruise and landtour for June, no L&S option and the prices have rocketed for next year, I really hope things will improve and it will go ahead but it all depends on the conditions over here in the UK as well as North America.  

12 minutes ago, welshrich said:

We have an Alaska cruise and landtour for June, no L&S option and the prices have rocketed for next year, I really hope things will improve and it will go ahead but it all depends on the conditions over here in the UK as well as North America.  

Correct, there are no lift and shift options right now as it only covered sailings that departed through April 30, 2022 for the shifted cruise however Royal has stated that if they cancel future cruises they will still be providing Lift and shift as an option just as they did for Quantum’s cancelled Alaska sailings. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

On 1/29/2021 at 3:47 AM, cublet said:

Hello,

Regards,

Cublet

So much for cruising with confidence.

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

So much for cruising with confidence.

Hello,

I cruise with the expectation that the marine staff have been properly trained and certified by parties independent of RCI.

Regards,

Cublet

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I thought from what is written I might want to look at options to lift and shift my april 25th canc cruise.

I thought we had until Sunday? 

20210130_131132605.jpeg

For March and April sailings that were cancelled by Royal you had 2 weeks from the date they cancelled which is the 26th.  For people who have May sailings that weren't cancelled they have until the 31'st

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

So if they happen to cancel our Lift and Shift cruise in September 2021, we would be allowed  to L&S it AGAIN within 1 week of that sail date to 2022? Is that correct?

Yes.  The one week either way is what they offered for the Quantum sailings that were cancelled so that may vary but the second lift and shift is confirmed and listed in the FAQ's.  I know I posted them somewhere.

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes.  The one week either way is what they offered for the Quantum sailings that were cancelled so that may vary but the second lift and shift is confirmed and listed in the FAQ's.  I know I posted them somewhere.

Thanks for the update, just moved into our new home in Virginia and have been without internet for the last 10 days due to moving and unpacking.