The Daily for Sunday Jan 31, 2021

richwmn

13 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I made it on Friday and DH loved it too. I used fresh cherry tomatoes instead of the canned tomatoes. I was only cooking two fish fillets so didn’t want all the extra sauce leftover. I roasted the tomatoes in the oven then added the feta to soften a bit. It came out really good. 

and @superoma, which recipe did you use?  I think I have ingredients for this.  Sounds good.  I might add some kalamata olives, my favourite...

• Like 5

Did I mention that the two baby eagles were removed from their nest a few days ago, because their eyes were infected?  They are at the CROW (Center for Rehabilitation of Wildlife) and improving (and eating well).  Hopefully they will be returned to their nest quickly.

49683551_ScreenShot2021-01-31at10_58_27AM.thumb.jpeg.aa9a9f93bdbeaf5b55891b7c7b1677eb.jpeg

656618312_ScreenShot2021-01-31at11_00_18AM.thumb.jpeg.9298c54345625812917dda29a07fddbd.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

and @superoma, which recipe did you use?  I think I have ingredients for this.  Sounds good.  I might add some kalamata olives, my favourite...

I used the Taste of Home recipe:  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/feta-tomato-basil-fish/

I’m sure you could add anything you like and it would be yummy. The soft warm feta with the tomatoes was really good. 

Added:  I didn’t use basil, didn’t have any on hand and my basil outside is a mess right now. I need to cut it back but I’m waiting until the cold weather is past, probably late February. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ
Addition
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Did I mention that the two baby eagles were removed from their nest a few days ago, because their eyes were infected?  They are at the CROW (Center for Rehabilitation of Wildlife) and improving (and eating well).  Hopefully they will be returned to their nest quickly.

49683551_ScreenShot2021-01-31at10_58_27AM.thumb.jpeg.aa9a9f93bdbeaf5b55891b7c7b1677eb.jpeg

656618312_ScreenShot2021-01-31at11_00_18AM.thumb.jpeg.9298c54345625812917dda29a07fddbd.jpeg

Do the parents accept them back?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Thanks for posting the pictures. We've been watching the nest and reading the reports, but had not seen the pictures. Hope they get back to normal.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

DD sent me this - sounds logical...

IMG_0D2622B7E872-1.thumb.jpeg.b645b01eb3b348ba997d4f8e6bc89a20.jpeg

Ann , this brings back a memory of my 1st trip to Scotland. Part of the tour was a sheep herding demonstration. PITA was the dog’s name for a good reason. 
     He did the same thing , jumped in the van and hit the door lock. I don’t think  he rolled down the windows.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I used the Taste of Home recipe:  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/feta-tomato-basil-fish/

I’m sure you could add anything you like and it would be yummy. The soft warm feta with the tomatoes was really good. 

Added:  I didn’t use basil, didn’t have any on hand and my basil outside is a mess right now. I need to cut it back but I’m waiting until the cold weather is past, probably late February. 

Same one I used 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DFD1 said:

Thanks for posting the pictures. We've been watching the nest and reading the reports, but had not seen the pictures. Hope they get back to normal.

Yes, the camera doesn't seem to be working.  I took the screen shots from videos on U-tube.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, superoma said:

Same one I used 

Thanks to you both.  We'll try it!

16 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Do the parents accept them back?

Evidently !  We will see.  We just have to hope the parents don't lay another egg in the meantime!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Ann , this brings back a memory of my 1st trip to Scotland. Part of the tour was a sheep herding demonstration. PITA was the dog’s name for a good reason. 
     He did the same thing , jumped in the van and hit the door lock. I don’t think  he rolled down the windows.

Perhaps he couldn't use the hand-crank window control!  

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Good Morning All

Love the thought of a Backward Day, never had one when I was in school or when my son was in school. Art Day, I certainly am no artist but I appreciate art, particularly seascape paintings with a thick or heavy palatte.

Any day can be National Hot Chocolate Day for me, especially in the evening with a shot of Baileys on a blue hulled ship. Daiquiri's I love but I prefer them to be frozen.

Just to add to people's effects of having The Jab, the next day my arm was sore, the day after that I was very tired and sleepy all day and the day after that I had mild chills all day. Today is the Day that the Lord has made and I feel wonderful. As soon as I get the 2nd Jab I will return to attending church services and bible study etc in person instead of virtually.  

• Like 11

I sailed to Antarctica twice recently, on the Crystal Symphony in 2016 and on the Prinsendam in 2019.  I'm going back a day (I meant to post then but got distracted) to the Symphony cruise.   On January 30 we visited Puerto Madryn on the West Coast of Chile.  I had booked a  tour to Punta Tombo Wildlife Sanctuary, about a 2-hour bus ride south of town.

A trail about a kilometer long ran south from the visitor center, mostly gravel with a boardwalk along the side.  The first of the life saw was a mockingbird:

mockingbird.jpg

At one point the trail became an elevated boardwalk where birds could walk under the path without any conflicts between them and people:

crossing.jpg

There were wide open spaces with lots of birds, mostly penguins:

birdsgalore.jpg

At some times we got close enough to the water so we could see penguins swimming:

swimming.jpg

Their call sounds a lot like a donkey's bray.  When doing it they extend their necks and heads straight up:

braying.jpg

The Wildlife Sanctuary was on land that was originally a ranch and was donated by the rancher.  As  we left we passed through a small museum with a number of artifacts of the ranch life:

ranchstuff.jpg

January 31 the Symphony was at sea to the Falklands but I have a report from the Prinsendam Grand South America and Antarctica in the works'

Roy

• Like 16

2 hours ago, NextOne said:

I recommend it highly -- best decision I ever made! More cruising time!!

I remember that school kids used to put their PJs on backwards at bedtime to make sure the next school day was a snow day. Someone must have been practicing that last night, because we woke up to a snow storm this morning -- First measurable snow here in two years!!

Did your snow come earlier than ours or did I get up earlier (Up at 5:15, first snow at 7).

Roy

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

Just to add to people's effects of having The Jab, the next day my arm was sore, the day after that I was very tired and sleepy all day and the day after that I had mild chills all day. Today is the Day that the Lord has made and I feel wonderful. As soon as I get the 2nd Jab I will return to attending church services and bible study etc in person instead of virtually.  

I suspect the chills were actually the sign of a bit of fever which is one of the side effects of the vaccine,  I'm a bit concerned about that because by fire department policy if I have a fever I cannot go into the fire house, even if it isn't a sign of disease.  I would suggest waiting about 10 days after the second jab to go back to in person church.  Full immunity takes a bit of time.

Roy

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

As soon as I get the 2nd Jab I will return to attending church services and bible study etc in person instead of virtually.  

Wait a couple of weeks after you get the second one.  Let the vaccine absorb into your system.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Live4cruises said:

Thank you!!  It cannot come soon enough, and it is going to be wonderful!!

Yea, congratulations on your retirement! . I have retired 3 times. The   third time I learned to enjoy it.😍

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

I was excited to see that they have had success in “re-nesting” eaglets to this very nest in the past! So let’s hope Harriet & M15 (he really needs a better name) accept these two back!

Thank you for sharing this, Ann!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

I was excited to see that they have had success in “re-nesting” eaglets to this very nest in the past! So let’s hope Harriet & M15 (he really needs a better name) accept these two back!

Thank you for sharing this, Ann!

Does the nest have a live webcam?

It is amazing that the eye problem is observed and can be treated at this young age. Fingers crossed that it all goes well.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, doobieb said:

Yea, congratulations on your retirement! . I have retired 3 times. The   third time I learned to enjoy it.😍

I had to laugh out loud while reading this.  I, too, have retired three times and everytime I visit I am asked, over and over, if I am BACK AGAIN...  

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

My grandson is safely at University of Rochester and his mom is driving back in the snow. Three hours away.

The other grandson just landed in LA and is on his way to reclaiming his car tomorrow.

And my friend in hospice continues to hang on even though they originally gave her a few days to live. She loves life and isn’t giving up easily.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

For some reason I just can’t get hot chocolate with Bailey’s off my mind.......

I  misspoke about our quarantine- we will be officially out on Friday, Feb. 5 after 14 days. My main concern has been my mom . At 96 she is in great health- beat me at bridge today!  She appears to have so signs of any issues as of today, Day 10. DD and DGS’s are all still having mild symptoms but able to work from home. DD is a school counselor and I am amazed at how she works and is effective from home, while supervising remote learning for the boys. I think this experience has been bond building for the three of them. They dug in and have managed to make things work, while not putting anyone else at risk.

Thanks for all the sweet thoughts,  kind words, and prayers. We feel very blessed.

Stay safe, double mask!

• Like 14