Milestone benefit

tree.critter

I am approaching my first Milestone cruise and am wondering if I will be able to use the 25% OBC on a future cruise that is already booked.  Currently the Celebration inaugural ta cruise is #25 as it sits now. I would happily book a nice short cruise prior to make that one #26 if I could get the OBC . I booked a suite for the first time and is the highest price we are ever likely to spend for a cruise, would be nice to have that OBC for that one. 

9 minutes ago, tree.critter said:

I am approaching my first Milestone cruise and am wondering if I will be able to use the 25% OBC on a future cruise that is already booked.  Currently the Celebration inaugural ta cruise is #25 as it sits now. I would happily book a nice short cruise prior to make that one #26 if I could get the OBC . I booked a suite for the first time and is the highest price we are ever likely to spend for a cruise, would be nice to have that OBC for that one. 

Yes you can.😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, 75Vette said:

My TA tells me I need to complete #50 before getting milestone credit.  I was told I was not eligible for the credit until #51.

The OP is planning on using the milestone credit on their #26 cruise. 

Edited by Elaine5715
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, 75Vette said:

My TA tells me I need to complete #50 before getting milestone credit.  I was told I was not eligible for the credit until #51.

Your  TA is wrong. You can use your 50th Milestone credit on your 50th cruise. We used ours on our 50th cruise which was to Hawaii.

• Like 1

Thanks for the help, I am super happy to be able to use on already booked cruise. I will defintely book a short cruise so that I will be eligible to use it on #26.  The #25 cruise you get a white card but that OBC is the real perk for milestone as far as I can see. 

Thanks Jamman54.  I always enjoy your posts.  You are so knowledgeable when it comes to any subject on Carnival Cruise Lines.

We are also planning on going to Hawaii also after we reach #50.  Would have already been if it had not been for so many cancellations.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, 75Vette said:

Thanks Jamman54.  I always enjoy your posts.  You are so knowledgeable when it comes to any subject on Carnival Cruise Lines.

We are also planning on going to Hawaii also after we reach #50.  Would have already been if it had not been for so many cancellations.

That's a good plan to use the credit on a more expensive cruise! 👍

• 1 month later...
On 2/5/2021 at 1:03 AM, Wanna_Cruize said:

If the credit is on the price you paid, it probably would not be worth it to use it on a cruise that was covered mostly by FFC, right?

For this cruise we just booked it as soon as the date opened, no FCC on this one. Already used up our FCC on other bookings.  We are so eager to cruise. 

On 2/4/2021 at 7:54 AM, tree.critter said:

I used mine on a cruise to alaska. Wanted to add that I got invited to a special captains party. Such great foods, not what you see elsewhere. Huge shrimp cocktail and other delectable treats, though seemed like few ate. Mostly attending were higher up brass I got to meet. Maybe 30 or 35 total and at most 10 of us were pax, the rest were higher up officers. Really nice party.

If you get a special party invite be sure and go. 

• Thanks 1

We used our milestone on the 26th cruise (you also get a white S&S card with milestone on it) it was to Alaska.  We did not need to both use our milestone could have used my husbands on another cruise however since Alaska's cruising and shore excursions were so expensive compared to Caribbean cruises we went with it and received a $1200 OBC which more than paid for what we wanted.  

Edited by dbrucern

3 hours ago, dbrucern said:

We used our milestone on the 26th cruise (you also get a white S&S card with milestone on it) it was to Alaska.  We did not need to both use our milestone could have used my husbands on another cruise however since Alaska's cruising and shore excursions were so expensive compared to Caribbean cruises we went with it and received a $1200 OBC which more than paid for what we wanted.  

I keep hearing do another cruiseline to alaska. I loved my carnival cruise to alaska with a naturalist onboard who would tell us the night before what to watch for. Please before I get those who feel they have to pitch other lines ... of course I'm aware others also do this. It was my favorite cruise and was on carnival. Good choice for a milestone cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I keep hearing do another cruiseline to alaska. I loved my carnival cruise to alaska with a naturalist onboard who would tell us the night before what to watch for. Please before I get those who feel they have to pitch other lines ... of course I'm aware others also do this. It was my favorite cruise and was on carnival. Good choice for a milestone cruise.

We heard the same thing to do Holland America or Princess but had a great time on Carnival