Canada Locks Down to Feb 28 2022

GICNJC

On 2/10/2021 at 12:52 PM, pinotlover said:

Njhorseman;

While we can follow your logic, your entire argument is built on the assumption that vaccinations for all crew and passengers won’t be required.

Maybe a good assumption, maybe not. If the non vaccinated go, we won’t be. Requiring vaccinations mathematically makes the chances very very small that anyone aboard becomes ill. 

Even if O doesn’t require it, most countries will as a condition of entry.

I agree with you and have posted, for many months, that the only way forward for cruise lines is to adopt a 100% mandatory vaccination policy for all aboard.  But even that may not be enough to get cruises out of the deep freeze.  The remaining big issue is whether vaccinated folks can still continue to spread COVID (asymptomatic spread) to others.  If so, do you think any port is going to welcome cruise ships?  We should know within a few months whether this is going to be an ongoing issue.

Hank

24 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

I agree with you and have posted, for many months, that the only way forward for cruise lines is to adopt a 100% mandatory vaccination policy for all aboard.  But even that may not be enough to get cruises out of the deep freeze.  The remaining big issue is whether vaccinated folks can still continue to spread COVID (asymptomatic spread) to others.  If so, do you think any port is going to welcome cruise ships?  We should know within a few months whether this is going to be an ongoing issue.

Hank

Hank- 

I'm in total agreement with you.  Also, the CDC has posted :"Although the risk of SARS-CoV-2 transmission from vaccinated persons to others is still uncertain, vaccination has been demonstrated to prevent symptomatic COVID-19; symptomatic and pre-symptomatic transmission is thought to have a greater role in transmission than purely asymptomatic transmission."

Even though the CDC isn't at the point of being certain, it looks like they're leaning in the direction of stating that vaccinated persons are not transmission risks.  I hope this means we're getting there.

Edited by Daniel A

14 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Hank- 

I'm in total agreement with you.  Also, the CDC has posted :"Although the risk of SARS-CoV-2 transmission from vaccinated persons to others is still uncertain, vaccination has been demonstrated to prevent symptomatic COVID-19; symptomatic and pre-symptomatic transmission is thought to have a greater role in transmission than purely asymptomatic transmission."

Even though the CDC isn't at the point of being certain, it looks like they're leaning in the direction of stating that vaccinated persons are not transmission risks.  I hope this means we're getting there.

The Swiss contact tracing study showed asymptomatic transmission to be at around 1%. That they noted in the report, was less than the margin of error and possibly due to incomplete tracing.

Everything I read from real scientists actually doing the work seems to point to the cries of asymptomatic transmission is mostly a result of sloppy or minimal actual contact tracing.

If anyone thinks there might be a U-turn on the Maritimes cruises and they might be back on, the odds just got longer.

The feds are cutting down the number of vaccines in our monthly stream, to send them places which offer better political optics. 

2 hours ago, billf0401 said:

.We are booked on the 10/31/21 Montreal/Miami but fully expect that it will not take place.

Then why not just cancel now  & get your deposit back ...seems like  a no brainer 😷