Royal Caribbean Group to Vaccinate Crewmembers Prior to Return to Service

Host Jazzbeau

My husband had Pfizer a month ago. I got AZ on Tuesday. I felt slightly off colour but it wasn't unbearable. Neither of us even had a sore arm. I know people who were unwell for a few days but definitely nothing in comparison to covid. 

I heard the practitioner at the vaccine centre tell another person a mild reaction was a good sign the vaccine was working.  We are each different and how our bodies react.  I wouldn't get into a debate as to x gives a reaction y doesn't.  Like manc we had different vaccines in time we might see some consequence we probably will not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Who knew you could get vaccine jealousy?😁

Phil 

Phil you are not alone... I will probably get mine with luck in July! I have to wait for an invitation and under current conditions, my age group will probably get invited around that time. However, I have heard Johnson and Johnson is also coming 😃

Ivi

• Like 1

Just now, travelberlin said:

Phil you are not alone... I will probably get mine with luck in July! I have to wait for an invitation and under current conditions, my age group will probably get invited around that time. However, I have heard Johnson and Johnson is also coming 😃

Ivi

The one advantage of J&J is its a single dose vaccination.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I'm hoping to get called soon. Probably March. Second dose June. 🤞. I'm doing ok at the patience thing at the moment!

Phil 

Hopefully 🤞 they are doing very well with the vaccine, with or without it’s not going to make a difference in the near future, we were told that it’s not a magic bullet and we must still follow all the rules of lockdown until the government say different.

In the US press I have seen information saying that most of the vaccines should be effective against the new variants, particularly in regards to preventing death and hospitalization. I suppose with the UK variant it is too soon to know if it can prevent a mild/moderate case from developing long haul (long tail) conditions?

My 24 year old daughter caught covid last March and has long haul. Fortunately she does not have the extreme exhaustion but she has pain in her lungs everyday sometimes to the point of tears. From my personal point of view I am hoping that the lingering effects of covid can be prevented with the vaccine.

With the crew members living in such tight quarters, the possibility of someone developing a life altering condition must be prevented.