Single supplements

sjde

I can only provide feedback on Viking. All cabins are 2 berths only - no 3rd or 4th options.

Single supplements are 2x, except for a few sailings that aren't selling out. This would be Trans-Atlantics. The next 2 WC's are already sold out, so the single supplement is 2x.

Based on my research for a WC, P&O is the most friendly with their single supplement rates.  I booked with an internet travel company that books for just about every cruise line there is and their user friendly website lets you click right on the rates for singles.  You can also search multiple lines at the same time.  Be sure to get your vacation to go. 😉

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Costa is 150 % of double for single-occupancy, good for me. They are also using double-cabins for single-use so I will have space for a 128days trip. I also like Costa's food and atmosphere. I have been on Princess, HAL, P&O and many smaller not mass-market ships so can compare.

On 3/31/2021 at 12:23 PM, zoncom said:

Just go for a ship with 3 or 4 berth cabins, should not be supplement. Oceania has them.

I think 3-4 passengers in a cabin on a World Cruise would be miserable.

• Like 4

I just did a quick check, and on HAL's 2022 World Cruise, singles in an inside or outside pay a 60% supplement, balconies and suites 90%.  But base fares among various lines are all over the place, and inclusions vary too.

7 hours ago, Roz said:

I think 3-4 passengers in a cabin on a World Cruise would be miserable.

If the guests were "just friends" and not very close relatives, the "just friends" might find their relationship had changed at the end of a world cruise.  I experienced that.  My first traveling companion and I shared 21 days on Royal Viking Sky with time in Copehagen, Hamburg, and Bremerhaven before 6-7 days on QE2.  We remained friends for quite a long time after those two cruises.  But, our relationship was "different" than what it had been.  And, we never traveled together again.  

• Haha 1