Alaska,2022

deliver42

With your Alaska, you have an additional complication. You will need to be able to make at least one stop in a Canadian port. So either Canada would have to reopen its ports (currently closed until February 28, 2022) or the US would have to waiver the PVSA requirements (no sign of anything on this).

6 minutes ago, paul929207 said:

With your Alaska, you have an additional complication. You will need to be able to make at least one stop in a Canadian port. So either Canada would have to reopen its ports (currently closed until February 28, 2022) or the US would have to waiver the PVSA requirements (no sign of anything on this).

Hopefully by then things will be improved in both Canada and the US allowing Canada to let cruise ships in. I'm looking at a cruise in July, Aug or Sept. 

• Like 1

Although we’ve learned over the past 50 weeks that ANYTHING is possible - I am very optimistic that Alaska cruising will be up and running by the 2022 season. International travel should resume by then given vaccination and the ability and knowledge to manage the virus transmission 

September 2022 will be lovely.... and so nice to have something to look forward to 

• Like 1

We were looking forward to a cruise from LA to Alaska and back back in the last century,(kidding) We noticed the LA and back to LA have disappeared.  We are hoping this is temporary due to the backlog on ships being to off load in LA.  Any hope will be appreciated.

Booked May 2, 2022 on Sapphire Princess. 12 days round trip out of Vancouver. Cruise includes Icy Strait Point and Sitka which are ports we have never visited. Keeping our fingers crossed that Canada gets the vaccine rolling. It surprises me they are lagging so badly in that endeavor. I certainly hope the folks we know in Canada can get vaccinated sooner rather than later.

5 hours ago, Tripmaven said:

We were looking forward to a cruise from LA to Alaska and back back in the last century,(kidding) We noticed the LA and back to LA have disappeared.  We are hoping this is temporary due to the backlog on ships being to off load in LA.  Any hope will be appreciated.

If you are looking at 2021, the CDC will not allow cruises over 7 days until November if a USA port is involved. So for this year any cruise from LA to Alaska is definitely out even if Canada would allow a stop there.

9 hours ago, caribill said:

If you are looking at 2021, the CDC will not allow cruises over 7 days until November if a USA port is involved. So for this year any cruise from LA to Alaska is definitely out even if Canada would allow a stop there.

Thanks for the response.   I forgot about the 7 day limit.  We are hoping for any LA port round trip even if it is a 7 day cruise.   We don't anticipate doing anything until 22.  Hopefully something will open up then.  Our goal is to minimize flying for awhile, since we live in So. Cal.   

12 hours ago, Thrak said:

Booked May 2, 2022 on Sapphire Princess. 12 days round trip out of Vancouver. Cruise includes Icy Strait Point and Sitka which are ports we have never visited. Keeping our fingers crossed that Canada gets the vaccine rolling. It surprises me they are lagging so badly in that endeavor. I certainly hope the folks we know in Canada can get vaccinated sooner rather than later.

We booked this too!

Just re-booked today within a couple of hours of the cancellation announcement! Spoke to a lovely rep from Princess trying to find out what to do. He indicated everyone would be rebooked onto a similar cruise for 2022 even if you had not paid in full at the same rate as 2021.   Things were already starting to fill up on dates in summer and not wanting to wait and be a the mercy of Princess I opted to re-book at a different time but with the same itinerary. Cruise tour Anchorage to Vancouver, May 31 on Sapphire Princess. I hope May isn't too soon. 

Janet

Edited by mtnlvr53
addition info

5 hours ago, mtnlvr53 said:

Just re-booked today within a couple of hours of the cancellation announcement! Spoke to a lovely rep from Princess trying to find out what to do. He indicated everyone would be rebooked onto a similar cruise for 2022 even if you had not paid in full at the same rate as 2021.   Things were already starting to fill up on dates in summer and not wanting to wait and be a the mercy of Princess I opted to re-book at a different time but with the same itinerary. Cruise tour Anchorage to Vancouver, May 31 on Sapphire Princess. I hope May isn't too soon. 

Janet

That is not what the official announcement says:

For guests currently booked on a cancelled voyage who had paid in full, Princess will automatically rebook them to the same cruise or cruisetour in 2022. No action is required from guests or their travel advisors. The rebooking process will have the added benefit of protecting the guests' 2021 fare on their 2022 cruise. Once Princess has completed the booking transfer, if the guest would prefer an alternative option, they can choose a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) equivalent to 100% of the cruise fare paid plus an additional non-refundable bonus FCC equal to 10% of the cruise fare paid (minimum $25 USD) or a full refund to the original form of payment.

Guests not paid in full will automatically receive a refundable Future Cruise Credit (FCC) equivalent to 100% of the cruise fare paid plus an additional non-refundable bonus FCC equal to 10% of the cruise fare paid (minimum $25 USD).  

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, mtnlvr53 said:

I read the above to the representative I talked to. He said he just got out of a meeting that contradicted that and that he was charged with rebooking everyone. It will be interesting if he knew what he was talking about. 🙂 

I would believe what the Princess VP of Sales and Director of Sales said in a webinar on 2/25/21 which contradicts what you were told.

The rep you talked to on Wednesday also contradicts what their VP of Sales and Director of Sales stated the next day & below are the slides showing the options for these newly canceled cruises. They also stated it would be a logistical problem to transfer all passengers who only have deposits made.

Also the Princess website shows what they stated during their webinar.

https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/alaska-canada-new-england-and-pacific-coastal-pause-extension-in-2021.html

62EFF793-9F59-4507-B57A-6B7E5D5FA488.png

09333128-2139-4639-A09E-DA9D34EE0004.png

6 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I would believe what the Princess VP of Sales and Director of Sales said in a webinar on 2/25/21 which contradicts what you were told.

The rep you talked to on Wednesday also contradicts what their VP of Sales and Director of Sales stated the next day & below are the slides showing the options for these newly canceled cruises. They also stated it would be a logistical problem to transfer all passengers who only have deposits made.

Also the Princess website shows what they stated during their webinar.

https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/alaska-canada-new-england-and-pacific-coastal-pause-extension-in-2021.html

62EFF793-9F59-4507-B57A-6B7E5D5FA488.png

09333128-2139-4639-A09E-DA9D34EE0004.png

Oh, I understand and agree, but I was just passing on what I was told. I left my cruise for 9/21 because I figured I'd take the extra cruise credits if he was right. I have already re-booked a new cruise for 2022 since I didn't want to wait and be stuck with a cruise/cabin I didn't want. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

The rep you talked to on Wednesday also contradicts what their VP of Sales and Director of Sales stated the next day.... They also stated it would be a logistical problem to transfer all passengers who only have deposits made.

It might be a logistical problem for Princess to do it, but it would not be a logistical problem (once those who are to be rebooked are processed) to allow all those who had not made final payments the option of doing the rebooking themselves (or through their TA) with the price protected.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 10:39 PM, Thrak said:

On 2/24/2021 at 11:38 AM, Coolmama_1 said:

We booked this too!

We also booked this one, continuing on after coming across the Pacific from Sydney on the Sapphire.  Keeping fingers crossed...