Odyssey of the Seas conveyance - any information?

I heard the Odyssey of the Seas might be conveyed down the river Ems this weekend.  Since I live close by I want to go see this spectacle. 

However, it seems to be impossible to get any confirmation of this date or of times.

Meyer Werft that is building the ship is not currently giving out any information on the subject due to not wanting to attract crowds during Covid19.

Is there anyone on this board who can share more information or who can tell me where to search for more info?

1 hour ago, Marga.Anders said:

However, it seems to be impossible to get any confirmation of this date or of times.

If you see her moving on one of the ship tracking sites, then you can sorta confirm her conveyance has started. Follow the Odyssey build thread for all info.

Edited by Biker19

8 hours ago, little britain said:

Lloyds’s site says 27th 

That´s the rumor so far... but there are no times given. The rumor is based on the announcement of the closure of the Gandersum lock & dam.

@Marga.Anders I do have friends working there and they won´t tell me either. And BTW if you do live in the Netherlands you´d need to quarantine to come to Germany. Netherlands are still regarded as risk area. So you can´t travel to the Ems river. You can only try to watch her docking in Emden from the Dutch side after she passes the Gandersum lock.

steamboats

19 hours ago, Marga.Anders said:

I looked into it and apparently you are allowed to cross the border without quarantine and test as long as your visit is under 24 hours.

I just checked, yes, Lower Saxonia (Niedersachsen) still has the 24 hour rule. No way here in Bavaria. We can´t cross the border to Austria and return without a quaratine here. Except when you travel for busines (live in Austria, work in Germany or vice versa - except for Tyrol).

Anyway, due to the current situation at Meyer Werft I don´t think any of the workers will leak details and give another reason to risk his job.

Meyer Werft wants to avoid crowds in those days. And everyone should respect this.

steamboats

• Thanks 1

BTW, the latest ELWIS notice for the Ems river reads:

Für den 27.02.2021 und 28.02.2021 ist die Überführung des außergewöhnlich großen Werftschiffes "Odyssey oft he Seas" auf der Seeschifffahrtsstraße Ems von Papenburg nach See geplant.

For Feb 27th and 28th, 2021 there´s planned the river conveyance of the extraordinary large shipyard ship "Odyssey of the Seas" on the Ems river from Papenburg to the sea.

O.k., I missed out the word "Seeschifffahrtsstraße" - a very special German word "sea shipping road".

So my educated guess... it will start late in the evening and go overnight.

steamboats

@mom4mom usually there was a live stream by local TV (streamed on their website). But they didn´t do it during the last year. There might be the live webcam of Meyer Werft but there won´t be any announcement that it´s up and running.

steamboats

Edited by steamboats

Received a message this morning, but unfortunately, can't find where it came from, maybe Twitter from RCL? I copied the text and forwarded it to a friend, so at least I have that.

Here's what it said:

The ship transfer is expected to begin on February 27, 2021 at around 4AM in Papenburg.

The passage of the Jann-Berghaus-Brücke in Leer is planned for February 27, 2021 at around 12PM.

The ship is expected to pass through the Gandersum Ems barrier on February 28, 2021 at around 00:30AM

Hopefully, it will be streamed somewhere, didn't find anything in the TV schedule for NDR TV.

• Thanks 1