New CDC Guidelines for Vaccinated People

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

And many will go unused. That’s been the trend. 

M8

Here's a place you can sign up for those unused doses - just have to be prepared to jump up and head over if you get notified 😁

"The standby list for leftover COVID vaccines"

Leftovers happen. People miss their appointments. Vials come with extra doses. Any thawed vials must be used within 6 hours, or they get thrown out.

Looking to get vaccinated but can’t get an appointment? Join the standby list to get connected with local providers with extra doses.

How it works

Complete your profile to understand your prioritization

Verified providers tell us about leftover doses

We text you when a nearby provider has leftover doses

You must respond to claim the dose, and you'll have to head to the provider by a certain time.

https://hidrb.com/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SeaHunt said:

Here's a place you can sign up for those unused doses - just have to be prepared to jump up and head over if you get notified 😁

"The standby list for leftover COVID vaccines"

Leftovers happen. People miss their appointments. Vials come with extra doses. Any thawed vials must be used within 6 hours, or they get thrown out.

Looking to get vaccinated but can’t get an appointment? Join the standby list to get connected with local providers with extra doses.

How it works

Complete your profile to understand your prioritization

Verified providers tell us about leftover doses

We text you when a nearby provider has leftover doses

You must respond to claim the dose, and you'll have to head to the provider by a certain time.

https://hidrb.com/

We have been vaccinated but thanks. Why is there so many unused vaccines at these Federal Sites?  

M8

1 hour ago, coffeebean said:

We are discussing start up procedures for cruise lines. Getting the ships sailing again is the ultimate goal of not only the cruise lines but for their passengers and crew. There are many people, myself included, who want to be on a 100% vaccinated ship and that does not include children under 16.

This won't be forever, just to get the ships sailing again. The families with kids can wait for the time being. Let them go on land based vacations until children can be vaccinated along with the adults. The vaccine manufacturers are already conducting trials for children.

In the meantime, I'm hoping for all people on board to be vaccinated so there is the possibility of adult only cruises on RCCL. Actually, I don't consider 16 year olds to be adults but that is just splitting hairs, I guess.

We'll just have to wait and see, at the end of the day it's not our decision to make. Curious though, if when cruising resumes out of the US they have the same vaccination policy as in Israel will you wait it out until all the kids are vaccinated as well or go cruising regardless? 

1 hour ago, coffeebean said:

We are discussing start up procedures for cruise lines. Getting the ships sailing again is the ultimate goal of not only the cruise lines but for their passengers and crew. There are many people, myself included, who want to be on a 100% vaccinated ship and that does not include children under 16.

This won't be forever, just to get the ships sailing again. The families with kids can wait for the time being. Let them go on land based vacations until children can be vaccinated along with the adults. The vaccine manufacturers are already conducting trials for children.

In the meantime, I'm hoping for all people on board to be vaccinated so there is the possibility of adult only cruises on RCCL. Actually, I don't consider 16 year olds to be adults but that is just splitting hairs, I guess.

Just read an article about Crystal Cruises starting to sail in July out of Bahamas. Crystal is a small luxury line. I did not see if all passengers had to be vaccinated but I think that Crystal's main demographics for passengers are usually older adults. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coffeebean said:

There are many people, myself included, who want to be on a 100% vaccinated ship and that does not include children under 16.

If you're scared of unvaccinated kids, go one one of those small cruise lines that will require full vaccination (and don't have kids anyway).

But if you're that scared of unvaccinated kids, I don't know how you ever leave the house.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

If you're scared of unvaccinated kids, go one one of those small cruise lines that will require full vaccination (and don't have kids anyway).

But if you're that scared of unvaccinated kids, I don't know how you ever leave the house.

When are you finally going to understand the issue is not being scared of unvaccinated kids. The issue is on board protocols and port of call requirements. If having unvaccinated people aboard means masking, distancing, reservations to use a pool and only ship sponsored excursions, and a 100% vaccinated ship has none of those restrictions then I want whatever is going to get us as close to a normal cruise experience as possible. 

If having unvaccinated kids aboard will not trigger restrictions like I mentioned then I couldn't care less if they are aboard. However, I tend to suspect that ports of call are going to want a vaccination requirement in order to accept ships. Again, just my thought.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, sandebeach said:

Just read an article about Crystal Cruises starting to sail in July out of Bahamas. Crystal is a small luxury line. I did not see if all passengers had to be vaccinated but I think that Crystal's main demographics for passengers are usually older adults. 

Update is that all passengers must be vaccinated by two weeks before and must also have a negative Covid test 72 hours before. 

27 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

More people should share their root concerns instead of saying they don’t want to sail with unvaccinated children.

It would be interesting to see the logic reversed. My kid was vaccinated for chicken pox so should we make that a requirement for cruising too? No one that has not been vaccinated against chicken pox being allowed to sail?

Are we presently experiencing a chicken pox pandemic? The time will eventually come when no one will care about covid vaccinations. Hopefully, that will be sooner than later. BTW, I still have antibodies to chicken pox from the natural disease that I had many years ago.

56 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I'm not scared of un-vaccinated kids. I'm fully vaccinated so I don't fear for my safety at all. That is not the issue for me. The issue for me is what will be the protocol if there are Covid positive passengers on board. Will we miss ports of call? Will the ship be quarantined? Will the cruise be cut short and head back to port of embarkation? I -do not want to be mandated to wear a mask on board because of un-vaccinated kids. Those are my issues.

6 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

So your argument is that:

A: There is no risk with current population due to herd immunity.

B: People have natural antibodies from previously contracting.

Then why would we use different logic for children sailing on ship full of vaccinated adults?

What?

52 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

When are you finally going to understand the issue is not being scared of unvaccinated kids. The issue is on board protocols and port of call requirements. If having unvaccinated people aboard means masking, distancing, reservations to use a pool and only ship sponsored excursions, and a 100% vaccinated ship has none of those restrictions then I want whatever is going to get us as close to a normal cruise experience as possible. 

If having unvaccinated kids aboard will not trigger restrictions like I mentioned then I couldn't care less if they are aboard. However, I tend to suspect that ports of call are going to want a vaccination requirement in order to accept ships. Again, just my thought.

What you said! Don'tcha just wanna bang your head against the wall sometimes?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, coffeebean said:

It doesn't matter how many times we say it. Some people just insist on bringing it back to being scared of unvaccinated kids.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Heymarco said:

That makes sense, the cruise line/ports would have to adjust protocols for the post vaccine world we now live in. It would not make sense to cancel cruise, return home, skip ports, etc. If a little one gets infected after taking the PCR test, then I would imagine it would be handled a lot like a Norovirus outbreak rather than what we have seen with the pre-vaccine cruises. Infected ones would be confined and protocols would increase if spread increases.

The expectation is never to be 100% risk free, but have a tolerable amount of risk. 

I would imagine the test cruises RCCL is planning would like to have zero cases of Covid on board their ship. I'm not sure even one case would pass "muster". IMHO.

24 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Maybe if you tried to understand the perspective of the other people here you wouldn't be caught in this repetitive loop. If the ports want to require fully vaccinated ships, well, that's up to them. RCL then has to decide if that's a profitable operating scenario for them. So far, the evidence we have suggests ports are willing to make an exception for kids. 

As for masks and onboard requirements: seniors who have been vaccinated carry as much risk for severe disease as kids who haven't been vaccinated. The chances of either of them carrying virus after a negative test are probably similarly small. If a ship is going to require masks in the current climate, it will have precious little to do with the unvaccinated kids on board.

23 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I would imagine the test cruises RCCL is planning would like to have zero cases of Covid on board their ship. I'm not sure even one case would pass "muster". IMHO.

Then prepare for failure. Zero covid is not a viable option, and we don't do ourselves any favors by perpetuating the idea that it is.

9 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

There may never be a covid vaccine for the youngest ages. Why, because it isn’t worth the R&D cost.

Or the potential side effects. The calculus just isn't the same for kids... You can see this played out in fact by the truth that 4 doctors on the FDA's review panel refused to advance the Pfizer EUA due to Pfizer's inclusion of 16 year olds in the language... Their reason? 16-18 year olds do not have the same risk, and the potential benefit wasn't strong enough. Four doctors voted against approval for EVERYONE... in the middle of a historic pandemic... because they felt strongly enough that 16-18 year olds shouldn't be included.

1 hour ago, Heymarco said:

More people should share their root concerns instead of saying they don’t want to sail with unvaccinated children.

It would be interesting to see the logic reversed. My kid was vaccinated for chicken pox so should we make that a requirement for cruising too? No one that has not been vaccinated against chicken pox being allowed to sail?

Is chicken pox as deadly as Covid? Just wondering.

2 hours ago, sandebeach said:

They are requiring vaccination. Yay!

17 minutes ago, lizzius said:

Maybe if you tried to understand the perspective of the other people here you wouldn't be caught in this repetitive loop. If the ports want to require fully vaccinated ships, well, that's up to them. RCL then has to decide if that's a profitable operating scenario for them. So far, the evidence we have suggests ports are willing to make an exception for kids. 

As for masks and onboard requirements: seniors who have been vaccinated carry as much risk for severe disease as kids who haven't been vaccinated. The chances of either of them carrying virus after a negative test are probably similarly small. If a ship is going to require masks in the current climate, it will have precious little to do with the unvaccinated kids on board.

My comment about me wanting to bang my head against the wall was in reference to one thing and one thing only......that would be that I'm "scared of un-vaccinated kids". I have said it a few times that I am most certainly NOT scared of un-vaccinated kids. However, the same mantra keeps cropping up even though I have said repeatedly the I am NOT scared of un-vaccinated kids. I'm fully vaccinated and do not fear for my safety from un-vaccinated kids. My concerns are what will the cruiselines protocols be if there are Covid positive passengers on board.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lizzius said:

I hope you are correct that masking would not be a protocol to keep un-vaccinated kids safe.

31 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Lol, I guess my point was try to apply your logic to other vaccines to see if it’s sound. You make one argument to force a covid vaccine requirement on those that it’s not available and then use different logic elsewhere (“don’t need vaccine because I have natural immunity”, etc). Either you believe in herd immunity, small tolerable risk, dealing with issues proportionately or you don’t. 

You actually got out of something I posted that I want to force a vaccine onto a group for which it is not available? Here is what I believe...if having non-covid vaccinated people on the ship is not going to lead to restrictions on the ship or in ports of call then I could not care less about who is on the ship. That is pretty much on par with all the other cruises I've been on.

You can go down any tangent with the discussion that you want to. Enjoy yourself.

13 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

In the US, 0.0% of children have died from covid. (227/500,000). 

How many times has a ship had to divert due to a medical emergency? With your argument not to disrupt the cruise for everyone, should we go back to requiring doctors notes for those over 70? I mean that would greatly reduce cruises being interrupted. 🤷‍♂️

I've never been on a cruise that was terminated early for a medical emergency nor have I been restricted to my cabin.

29 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Then please please start saying that instead of I want a cruise that is 100% vaccinated, kids can wait another year, etc, etc.

What I have said is that I would support a 100% vaccination requirement.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I hope you are correct that masking would not be a protocol to keep un-vaccinated kids safe.

Note I'm not trying to imply masks won't be required... I think we all will probably have to accept hygiene theater in the face of de-fanged, post-vaccine COVID for quite a while.