Princess just cancelled cruises from LA, Ft. Lauderdale and Rome through June 2021. Will NCL follow?

HBCcruiser

Newly released statement (March 9, 2021) from Princess that all cruises out of LA, Ft. Lauderdale and Rome are cancelled through June 2021. I am wondering if NCL will cancel as well. We have June 2021 and July 2021 cruses out of NY and Miami. Just wondering if an NCL announcement is coming soon. Luckily I booked "just in case they are cancelled" cruises in '22 and '23! 

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/pause-extension-lax-fll-rome-june-2021.pdf

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 2.10.54 PM.jpeg

I have an August cruise on the Breakaway out of Miami.  Looking at a back up vacation just in case (probably certain) it cancels.  Looking at an all inclusive resort just not sure where yet.  I will use my FCC and have one heck of a cabin on my March 2022 cruise which is fully paid with FCC's also.

Edited by TSUmom

28 minutes ago, TSUmom said:

I have an August cruise on the Breakaway out of Miami.  Looking at a back up vacation just in case (probably certain) it cancels.  Looking at an all inclusive resort just not sure where yet.  I will use my FCC and have one heck of a cabin on my March 2022 cruise which is fully paid with FCC's also.

If you do not have children may I recommend the Adult only all inclusive Marquis Los Cabo’s in Cabo Mexico. We were there in February. NICE! Great service, accommodations, food and drinks! We are going back in a few weeks! 
https://www.marquisloscabos.com/

DBBC6C80-1F5B-4593-ADE2-B323A00C8AD7.jpeg

C94F18F0-30F5-474B-B81E-53BE5C365331.jpeg

4A0E0FAD-4AE2-4B8C-A09D-F7F987A0650A.jpeg

2 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

If you do not have children may I recommend the Adult only all inclusive Marquis Los Cabo’s in Cabo Mexico. We were there in February. NICE! Great service, accommodations, food and drinks! We are going back in a few weeks! 

Must be nice to get to travel that frequently! And the resort looks fantastic. I would love to visit there one day.

3 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Must be nice to get to travel that frequently! And the resort looks fantastic. I would love to visit there one day.

Haha I actually don’t have much time as I still work full time. We are a quick flight from Cabo and head down for long weekends. Flights and resorts were SUPER cheap until just recently. I see prices rising quickly. That is a good sign I suppose. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

This resort looks beautiful!  Thank you for the suggestion.  No children going with us but someday I would love to take all 6 of them on a cruise 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HBCcruiser said:

Haha I actually don’t have much time as I still work full time. We are a quick flight from Cabo and head down for long weekends. Flights and resorts were SUPER cheap until just recently. I see prices rising quickly. That is a good sign I suppose. 

That's great. Cabo would be a bit more than a quick flight for me and my wife (we live in the DC area, so not so close to Cabo, alas). But it's definitely on our radar: my sister and her husband have been there, a colleague at work had her wedding in Cabo, and some cruiser friends of ours are hoping to sail there one day soon. Those resort pictures are amazing, thanks for posting them!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

That's great. Cabo would be a bit more than a quick flight for me and my wife (we live in the DC area, so not so close to Cabo, alas). But it's definitely on our radar: my sister and her husband have been there, a colleague at work had her wedding in Cabo, and some cruiser friends of ours are hoping to sail there one day soon. Those resort pictures are amazing, thanks for posting them!

If/when you go, may I recommend having brunch or dinner at Flora Farms. They are a fully functioning organic farm that offers all farm-fresh food and drinks. It is some of the BEST food I have ever tasted! Go early to tour the farm and have one of their specialty drinks at the Fire Pit Bar. 

https://www.flora-farms.com/

IMG_7015.jpeg

IMG_7021.jpeg

IMG_7013.jpeg

IMG_7025.jpeg

IMG_7017.jpeg

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

If/when you go, may I recommend having brunch or dinner at Flora Farms. They are a fully functioning organic farm that offers all farm-fresh food and drinks. It is some of the BEST food I have ever tasted! Go early to tour the farm and have one of their specialty drinks at the Fire Pit Bar. 

https://www.flora-farms.com/

IMG_7015.jpeg

IMG_7021.jpeg

IMG_7013.jpeg

IMG_7025.jpeg

IMG_7017.jpeg

Thanks for the recommendation! My wife is vegetarian, do they have veggie friendly items? I can't tell from the photo due to my poor eyesight, LOL!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCGuy64 said:

Thanks for the recommendation! My wife is vegetarian, do they have veggie friendly items? I can't tell from the photo due to my poor eyesight, LOL!

Yes, they do. When you book reservations they ask you if you have any food allergies or preferences. Just let them know and they will accomodate you. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

I think you just helped my family decide on our December vacation. 
We have stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun resort and loved it. But after checking out this hotels website and info on travel sites, I think we just may have to try this resort out since cruises are still pending. 
thank you. ❤️❤️❤️

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Noworkforme23 said:

I think you just helped my family decide on our December vacation. 
We have stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun resort and loved it. But after checking out this hotels website and info on travel sites, I think we just may have to try this resort out since cruises are still pending. 
thank you. ❤️❤️❤️

Awesome! It really is a great resort. It is located near San Jose Del Cabo too which is a MUCH nicer area than downtown Cabo. It is easy to get to downtown Cabo, but I prefer San Jose.  Very artsy town with great shops, restaurants and bars. Enjoy your trip! 

On 3/10/2021 at 8:26 PM, HBCcruiser said:

Awesome! It really is a great resort. It is located near San Jose Del Cabo too which is a MUCH nicer area than downtown Cabo. It is easy to get to downtown Cabo, but I prefer San Jose.  Very artsy town with great shops, restaurants and bars. Enjoy your trip! 

Were you able to swim in the ocean at this resort? Everything I am reading says you can't swim in the ocean in this area of Mexico? Our last trip was to Quintana Roo Mexico & the beaches/water/ocean were amazing to swim in. This resort looks amazing, but from my research I have done, it says the undercurrents & drop offs are too dangerous in this area, is this true? All the reviews say the resort & service is wonderful, but no swimming in ocean? 

1 hour ago, Noworkforme23 said:

Were you able to swim in the ocean at this resort? Everything I am reading says you can't swim in the ocean in this area of Mexico? Our last trip was to Quintana Roo Mexico & the beaches/water/ocean were amazing to swim in. This resort looks amazing, but from my research I have done, it says the undercurrents & drop offs are too dangerous in this area, is this true? All the reviews say the resort & service is wonderful, but no swimming in ocean? 

That is correct. Bad undertow. You have to go about 3 miles to find a swimmable beach. We did not miss it though. There are other fun water sports and activities to do including horseback riding on the beach right by the resort. 

• Thanks 1

I just checked my June 24th Baltic cruise and the info is mostly gone.  The cruise is named "Default Itinerary Name" so I believe we should get a cancellation notice any time.  My May Bermuda cruise was defaulted a couple of days before we got the official notification.  Another one bites the dust!!!  Maybe my September cruise will happen but probably not since it is out of UK.  I can always hope.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, landlockedTexan said:

I just checked my June 24th Baltic cruise and the info is mostly gone.  The cruise is named "Default Itinerary Name" so I believe we should get a cancellation notice any time.  My May Bermuda cruise was defaulted a couple of days before we got the official notification.  Another one bites the dust!!!  Maybe my September cruise will happen but probably not since it is out of UK.  I can always hope.

Ours too! Ugh here we go... June Bermuda out of NY now a “Default Itinerary Name!” I’m going to bet that our July cruises will be cancelled next. Hopefully our October will sail. ?

04AD3301-9243-47E0-8551-1BF0E854CDF8.jpeg

• Like 1