Will MSC follow Crystal in sailing from the Bahamas?

Nashna

There's no reason MSC would have to do a similar itinerary.  Ocean Cay is an obvious destination, perhaps even overnight, as many of the current itineraries show.

Even though getting to Nassau would be quite inconvenient for us, we'd absolutely consider doing so if it would get us onto an MSC ship, especially if it is Armonia.

17 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

What a wonderful itinerary-----NOT!  No interest for me whatsoever.  I hope MSC would not consider such.  

Considering that the true beauty of the Bahamas is in the Out Islands, and that Nassau and Freeport are not representative of what this country truly has to offer, I personally consider this itinerary to be intriguing and truly attractive. 

3 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

And I don't think the airports could handle the number of guests...  EM

Bimini would be hard to get to for most, but the airport in Nassau has the infrastructure to handle an influx of passengers. It’s a busy airport, already receiving multiples daily flights from most US airlines as well as from other countries. 

26 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

To each his own.  If such an itinerary and cruise becomes possible, "book it" Tapi!  

Don’t be surprised if I do. 😂I was just on the Crystal website. Bookings don’t open for a few days. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SakeDad said:

Two points. Everyone will need to be vaccinated to sail, also there are some great ferry services from Ft Lauderdale to Nassau so you could get there without flying in.

Are those ferries currently operating?

On 3/12/2021 at 11:30 PM, Essiesmom said:

Are those ferries currently operating?

Right now Balearia's (the ferry service) website shows the Port Everglades to/from Nassau route on Sundays and Thursdays and Port Everglades to/from Bimini on Sundays and Wednesdays (adding Fridays in April). https://www.baleariacaribbean.com

13 hours ago, capriccio said:

Right now Balearia's (the ferry service) website shows the Port Everglades to/from Nassau route on Sundays and Thursdays and Port Everglades to/from Bimini on Sundays and Wednesdays (adding Fridays in April). https://www.baleariacaribbean.com

The Bimini one would be perfect if it gets you there in time for embarkation.

• Like 1

According to some articles published - MSC is still in talks with the Cozumel authorities - they are building their 4th dock - and I do see this is a viable solution - even if you cant get air from Cozumel, there is the ferry to the mainland to fly out of Cancun and there is plenty of air service here...and no quarantine - no Covid Tests....all good....but who knows what is going to take place in the next months...