Great Meeting for CCC with Oceania

Jancruz

28 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

If you're correct, then somebody needs to let CDC know.  Per the current CDC website :

CDC does NOT have vaccination record information!
If you currently live or have lived in an area with an operational immunization information system (IIS), you may try to

See the whole page here: IIS | Contacts for Immunization Records | CDC

The Appendix D Page 63 which you referenced spells out what data is collected and retained.  (I added the bold typeface enhancement of the last sentence):

"Any identifiable data elements will be used to facilitate deduplication of data within the Immunization Data Lake, an analytic environment that will be used to consolidate, deduplicate, and reconcile vaccine administration information from multiple sources (e.g. jurisdictional immunization programs, pharmacies, Department of Defense, Veterans Affairs, Bureau of Prisons, Indian Health Service). Identifiable elements will not be stored in the Data Lake environment."

The CDC web page you cite is pre-COVID and has not been updated. Note at the bottom of the page "Page last reviewed: June 7, 2019" .In any event the information is for the use of individuals looking for vaccination records to direct them to the appropriate state-maintained data bases. I never said the federal COVID data base would be available to individuals.

I don't interpret the "Data Lake Environment"  to mean the underlying data base . The Data Lake is defined as "an analytic environment that will be used to consolidate, deduplicate, and reconcile vaccine administration information from multiple sources. " That does not appear to be a function that can be done instantaneously upon the data's arrival. As a simple example how can deduplication be done using data transmitted to the CDC today and then disposed of when the  data that should be eliminated by the deduplication process might not be transmitted to the CDC until tomorrow? 

5 hours ago, Daniel A said:

States (but not every state) in the US have an Immunization Information System (IIS) which should have digitized vaccination records.  The US does not have a national IIS but CDC has left that up to individual jurisdictions.  You can look to see if your vaccination records are on file by going to this web site:  IIS | Contacts for Immunization Records | CDC

Thanks.  This link provided the link to Arizona's site for digital records of vaccinations.  I registered and all my vaccinations were there dating back to my Yellow Fever shot in 2011.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Thanks.  This link provided the link to Arizona's site for digital records of vaccinations.  I registered and all my vaccinations were there dating back to my Yellow Fever shot in 2011.

Just curious, did it show Covid vaccination?

21 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Just curious, did it show Covid vaccination?

Yes.  On mine.   It was not on my spouse's.  I got mine from a local Health Center; she got hers at the County's mass vaccination site.  It could be that the County hasn't uploaded it's data to the State's database, yet...we hope.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Of course, the weak spot in this last scenario is that someone could provide their doctor with a counterfeit card. But, that’s a bit of a stretch of imagination.

@ Flatbush Flyer - I find your comments cogent and informative (both on this thread and others relating to all things O).

Yet, I really don't think it is a "stretch" to have some proliferation of counterfeit vaccine cards all over the world, including the USA.  I know it is illogical to think that someone to do that but it has happened with other vaccines and will happen with COVID.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Homerody said:

@ Flatbush Flyer - I find your comments cogent and informative (both on this thread and others relating to all things O).

Yet, I really don't think it is a "stretch" to have some proliferation of counterfeit vaccine cards all over the world, including the USA.  I know it is illogical to think that someone to do that but it has happened with other vaccines and will happen with COVID.

I don’t disagree with you. I just was thinking of that most folks wouldn’t lie to their primary care provider.

Reminds me of the old saying: “You know someone’s really rich if they lie to their therapist.”

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

I don’t disagree with you. I just was thinking of that most folks wouldn’t lie to their primary care provider.

Reminds me of the old saying: “You know someone’s really rich if they lie to their therapist.”

Decades ago I had a physician friend who said he used caution with any patient who said "cost doesn't matter, doc" cause it mean they weren't going to pay you so go for it.

• Haha 1