Great Meeting for CCC with Oceania

Jancruz

26 minutes ago, ORV said:

My Dr's system uses the My Chart platform. My record show that I have had both Vaccinations and the dates. You know where they got that information? I told them. The nurse entered it and she never asked to see my card. So there is room for fraud. Although in my case I got my shots at a event by my rural county health dept. Now I'm pretty sure they would have a digital record of my vaccination, and perhaps the Common App could get it from there, but if they got it from my regular physician then I would question it. 

I'm not alone in that 1000's of people are getting vaccinated in places other than their medical system or primary Dr. 

I got my vaccine at the Ventura fairgrounds and have a small card with the date..my doctor didnt even know Stu and I received both doses..interesting ..I would hope no one would cheat but Im afraid in this new world that wouldnt happen..

Jancruz1

7 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

I got my vaccine at the Ventura fairgrounds and have a small card with the date..my doctor didnt even know Stu and I received both doses..interesting ..I would hope no one would cheat but Im afraid in this new world that wouldnt happen..

Jancruz1

I got my first vaccine 10 days ago at our county fairgrounds. I told my doctor at my appointment the next day. It's still not on MyChart. When I get my second one next week, I'll email them and see if that does it. 

1 hour ago, ORV said:

My Dr's system uses the My Chart platform. My record show that I have had both Vaccinations and the dates. You know where they got that information? I told them. The nurse entered it and she never asked to see my card. So there is room for fraud. Although in my case I got my shots at a event by my rural county health dept. Now I'm pretty sure they would have a digital record of my vaccination, and perhaps the Common App could get it from there, but if they got it from my regular physician then I would question it. 

I'm not alone in that 1000's of people are getting vaccinated in places other than their medical system or primary Dr. 

I just looked at My Chart and it shows the vaccinations and I didn't tell them.

We got ours at Deschutes County Fairgrounds.  Very smooth operation run by local hospital system and county health dept. I'm sure we have to notify our Doc on our own.  Got the CDC card with info about both shots on it.  Easily copied by anyone with nefarious intentions!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ORV said:

Wow- not good. That MyChart entry should, at least, have the vaccine name and lot numbers, which are on the card. Preferably, there should also be a descriptor beyond the vaccine name/lot number (e.g., dosage size). FWIW, perhaps the person who did that was a medical assistant vs a Registered Nurse (RN)?

In any case, at least you are vaccinated!

17 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Wow- not good. That MyChart entry should, at least, have the vaccine name and lot numbers, which are on the card. Preferably, there should also be a descriptor beyond the vaccine name/lot number (e.g., dosage size). FWIW, perhaps the person who did that was a medical assistant vs a Registered Nurse (RN)?

In any case, at least you are vaccinated!

Did you see my comment above? My Chart had every bit of info and I didn't provide it. I guess it depends on the hospital.

9 hours ago, clo said:

Did you see my comment above? My Chart had every bit of info and I didn't provide it. I guess it depends on the hospital.

I believe the large majority of people being vaccinated are not getting vaccinated at a hospital or their primary care doctor's office.  Millions are being vaccinated at pharmacies, parking lots and stadiums.

States (but not every state) in the US have an Immunization Information System (IIS) which should have digitized vaccination records.  The US does not have a national IIS but CDC has left that up to individual jurisdictions.  You can look to see if your vaccination records are on file by going to this web site:  IIS | Contacts for Immunization Records | CDC

I don't know exactly what My Chart is but do people want to give access to their whole medical chart to every Tom, Dick and Harry working at a venue requiring vaccinations?

9 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I don't know exactly what My Chart is but do people want to give access to their whole medical chart to every Tom, Dick and Harry working at a venue requiring vaccinations?

Perhaps there’s some confusion about MyChart?

MyChart is a electronic medical records system (developed by a company named Epic) used by an increasing number of hospitals, health care systems (e.g., University of California medical centers in San Francisco, Davis et al.), County public health clinics, physicians offices, etc. It is used primarily in the U.S. and about 1 million patients already have MyChart accounts.

YOU can have separate MyChart accounts for various healthcare providers that use it and you can choose to synchronize them. You can also choose to share info with health providers using certain other electronic medical record systems (particularly if they are Epic products).

As you might expect, if you get vaccinated by your primary care provider or at a hospital/clinic/(even some select “popup” vaccination sites)/etc. that uses MyChart, the vaccination info will automatically be entered in your MyChart record for that provider. If you already haven’t synced any or all of your MyChart provider records, you can add that provider to the sync group and the vaccination will be noted in the synced records.

If the vaccination site doesn’t use MyChart, you can provide your Primary Care Physician with a copy of the card for inclusion in your MyChart account.

Of course, the weak spot in this last scenario is that someone could provide their doctor with a counterfeit card. But, that’s a bit of a stretch of imagination.

In any case, beyond governmental immunization records that may become the primary basis for vaccination verification, it never hurts to have some sort of backup like a MyChart medical record.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

In any case, beyond governmental immunization records that may become the primary basis for vaccination verification, it never hurts to have some sort of backup like a MyChart medical record.

The health system I have in New York also has digitized records available across affiliated medical providers, but those records are not routinely made available to government agencies and I wouldn't want that to happen anyway.

The part of my previous post to which you were referring was more about whether or not people really want their medical chart to be the proof you would give to some ticket taker at a concert or a discount airline counter.

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I never knew until now that My Chart is something that lots of places have. Unless someone has my password they don't have access. All my lab work is there. 

BTW ours was through a hospital but done in their parking lot.

9 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

...The part of my previous post to which you were referring was more about whether or not people really want their medical chart to be the proof you would give to some ticket taker at a concert or a discount airline counter.

I agree that there is no reason to share an entire record. However, it would be easy enough to open MyChart on a smart phone at the time verification is needed and, in the presence of an appropriate authority, select the immunizations page which would list Covid and other vaccines (e.g., Yellow Fever, Flu, etc).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Sea42 said:

Try an internet search with your state and vaccine records as the search terms. Your state's system should show up and you can see if your vaccinations were recorded.

Well I did find our state's vax data base, but to access it you have to have an account, to have an account you must be;

"The immunization information is available to authorized users, such as health care providers, childcare facilities, and schools who work together to inhibit vaccine-preventable diseases."

So apparently individuals can't access it. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

I agree that there is no reason to share an entire record. However, it would be easy enough to open MyChart on a smart phone at the time verification is needed and, in the presence of an appropriate authority, select the immunizations page which would list Covid and other vaccines (e.g., Yellow Fever, Flu, etc).

You have got to be kidding. This is almost non sensical. Let's start here, there are many, many people that are in the traveling age group that DO NOT have a smart phone with the ability to do what you just said. Then there are people like me, I have a smart phone but I don't have a data plan. My wife has one on her phone, we don't need two. So, the lines in airports are already ridiculous, or at least were. Once people have to show this information either at security, or at the gate agent or front desk can you imagine how that would slow things down? This won't work. In addition, when I travel I usually put my cell phone in my personal item bag before we start through security, along with everything else that would have to come out of my pockets and generally don't take it back out until I'm at my gate. Unlike the younger generation there are many of us that aren't permanently attached to their phones. 

There needs to be a system that verifies this information. Having people log into their medical information and pull it up to their vaccination information in situations where needed is not it. 

Did I even mention that there are many many people that never take out an international plan on their phones. How we gonna access that info when I'm out of the country? Nope, phone based info won't work for traveling, maybe for some, not for everyone. 

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, ORV said:

Well I did find our state's vax data base, but to access it you have to have an account, to have an account you must be;

"The immunization information is available to authorized users, such as health care providers, childcare facilities, and schools who work together to inhibit vaccine-preventable diseases."

So apparently individuals can't access it. 

1 minute ago, palakika said:

Orv..totally agree with you.  Using cell phone to verify health info will really bog down the check in system.  There continue to be many people not doing all their stuff on phones!

I can't even use my cell phone for my airlines tickets. Most airports are virtually a Faraday cage and cell phones get very spotty receptions.

• Like 1

As these last few posts have shown, and I said in post # 2, proof of vaccination is going to be a significant issue globally.

Some countries may take a fairly relaxed approach, others may be very strict.

A cruise ship visiting multiple countries is going to have a lot of work to do in this regard.

When we look back next year on what we achieved in 2021, vaccines and vaccinations themselves may have been the first difficult steps. Other difficult steps remain.

• Thanks 1

You are correct; and authorization holds true in just about every state. (HIPPA)The only way to solve this issue is for the Feds to create a national data base using the states’  data. Cruise lines can then get paxs

to authorize the companies to access the data base. No authorization, no verification = no sail.

3 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

Since I'll have to renew my passport before we sail, it would be nice if they added it to our passports. 

I would like to see a qr code sticker that you would put on one of the blank pages in your passport.  The code could be instantly scanned to verify your vaccination data.

Alternatively when completing registration on line for a cruise or getting air travel tickets maybe your 'trusted traveler' number could replace the need for a smart phone.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I believe the large majority of people being vaccinated are not getting vaccinated at a hospital or their primary care doctor's office.  Millions are being vaccinated at pharmacies, parking lots and stadiums.

States (but not every state) in the US have an Immunization Information System (IIS) which should have digitized vaccination records.  The US does not have a national IIS but CDC has left that up to individual jurisdictions.  You can look to see if your vaccination records are on file by going to this web site:  IIS | Contacts for Immunization Records | CDC

Although I certainly can't vouch for how well states are complying,  the CDC has established mandated detailed data reporting specifically for COVID vaccinations . Look at page 53 of their COVID-19 Playbook https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/imz-managers/downloads/COVID-19-Vaccination-Program-Interim_Playbook.pdf .

"COVID-19 VACCINE ADMINISTRATION DATA REPORTING • Jurisdictions will be required to report CDC-defined data elements related to vaccine administration daily (i.e., every 24 hours). CDC will provide information on these data elements to jurisdictions. • All vaccination providers may be required to report and maintain their COVID-19 vaccination inventory information in CDC’s VaccineFinder daily. • CDC has prioritized jurisdiction onboarding to the Immunization (IZ) Gateway* to allow Immunization Information Systems (IISs) to receive data directly from national providers, nontraditional vaccination providers, and other external systems, as well as to report vaccine administration data to CDC. • Data Use Agreements (DUAs) will be required for data sharing via the IZ Gateway and other methods of vaccine administration data sharing with CDC and will be coordinated by each jurisdiction’s immunization program."

The detailed data elements, both mandatory and optional, are spelled out in Appendix D starting on page 63 of the playbook. 

20 minutes ago, Dwtlion said:

You are correct; and authorization holds true in just about every state. (HIPPA)The only way to solve this issue is for the Feds to create a national data base using the states’  data. Cruise lines can then get paxs

to authorize the companies to access the data base. No authorization, no verification = no sail.

There is a national data base for COVID-19 vaccinations. See my immediately prior post.

11 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

There is a national data base for COVID-19 vaccinations. See my immediately prior post.

If you're correct, then somebody needs to let CDC know.  Per the current CDC website :

CDC does NOT have vaccination record information!
If you currently live or have lived in an area with an operational immunization information system (IIS), you may try to

See the whole page here: IIS | Contacts for Immunization Records | CDC

The Appendix D Page 63 which you referenced spells out what data is collected and retained.  (I added the bold typeface enhancement of the last sentence):

"Any identifiable data elements will be used to facilitate deduplication of data within the Immunization Data Lake, an analytic environment that will be used to consolidate, deduplicate, and reconcile vaccine administration information from multiple sources (e.g. jurisdictional immunization programs, pharmacies, Department of Defense, Veterans Affairs, Bureau of Prisons, Indian Health Service). Identifiable elements will not be stored in the Data Lake environment."

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I would like to see a qr code sticker that you would put on one of the blank pages in your passport.  The code could be instantly scanned to verify your vaccination data.

Great idea!

• Thanks 1