Who has decided to take a summer staycation cruise?

seapals2

6 minutes ago, Bin man said:

How was the proof of jab and insurance go ?

Reading on book of faces someone was turned away as they didnt have proof of jabs.  Hopefully they have actually had their jabs and can sort it somehow.  (This was where they are checking whilst you are in the car)

Edited by davemorton
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

Onboard, and having lunch.

Wow, I've lost my appetite for chicken curry (morrisons jalfrezi) and homebrew. Save me some of the carved sirloin and sticky muscavado and freshly squeezed .......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rumbalizw said:

Watching Southampton Port TV on Solent Ships vlogg. They keep panning round and zooming in on the Britannia . People arriving . Exciting 

Ah thanks rumbalizw my first attempt to find live vid showed a (civic building?) with a clocktower and the prow of Britannia just about visible. Persisting with Google I found this (must watch the sailaway) :-

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, davemorton said:

Reading on book of faces someone was turned away as they didnt have proof of jabs.  Hopefully they have actually had their jabs and can sort it somehow.  (This was where they are checking whilst you are in the car)

We arrived by taxi and the only proof we had to show was the result of the LTF.

We are one or two glasses of champagne, a glass of red and a glass of white wine down and a meal and feeling very relaxed and comfortable.

We highly advise a P&O staycation.🤗🥂

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Am I misreading or does this imply that there could (stress: could) be unvaccinated pax on board?

Unlikely I think, as everyone knew that vaccinations were required, so I cannot see why anyone would take the chance of turning up,  knowing that they would be turned away if they had no proof of vaccination. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

but from now on….?

People reading this & hearing other reports & deciding to give it a go?

Who knows?

At the end of the day ,the vaccination only stops you from becoming really unwell if you were to catch Covid. You'll still catch it if in a situation where you're at risk . It's the regular testing which is the big thing here . 

Just now, rumbalizw said:

At the end of the day ,the vaccination only stops you from becoming really unwell if you were to catch Covid. You'll still catch it if in a situation where you're at risk . It's the regular testing which is the big thing here . 

Not so it also reduces the chances of you passing it on if you do get it.

It is outrageous if true they are not checking vaccinations if it is a requirement of the cruise

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kevcharben said:

Not so it also reduces the chances of you passing it on if you do get it.

It is outrageous if true they are not checking vaccinations if it is a requirement of the cruise

I'm sure that they are checking . 

1 hour ago, davemorton said:

It's not as if it hasn't been made perfectly clear that proof was needed has it . Hope they can upload the app in time to prove it . That's if they have the means to . 

2 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

Onboard, and having lunch.

600A5A2A-5CCC-4F14-B40A-38FF1AC1ADF6.jpeg

Is this the menu for suite guests and high level Peninsular club?

Free drink?

Looks very nice, hope you enjoy your voyage.

Edited by jaydee6969

6 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

Is this the menu for suite guests and high level Peninsular club?

Free drink?

Looks very nice, hope you enjoy your voyage.

Yes’s do yes free drinks including a brandy to finish.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MX-Drew said:

Yes’s do yes free drinks including a brandy to finish.

At least there is no 'champagne' as featured in peninsular club lunches. It can dissolve your teeth from under the enamel 😱

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

That’s dreadful……..🙄

https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence It seems that vaccinations are required. Half way down, the question "Are you likely to Introduce vaccination .." P&O on "getaway" (seacation) cruises states that vaccinations are required but makes no reference to proof required ...