UK and Europe Sailings this summer

Froggitt

3 hours ago, Trimone said:

Who wants to go around the U.K. docking miles from any cities, you may as well tour the U.K. and stay in five star hotels ?

Travel how? By car?  This is not really relaxing. 😉

Also i personally think that in many cases in the UK the areas without cities are more attractive and beautiful than the cities themselves.

1 hour ago, Trimone said:

Who the hell would go to London? What’s wrong with Cambridge, Chester, York, Bath, Oxford, Malvern, St Ives, Manchester, Musselburgh, Swansea, Cheltenham,  and many more?

Who wouldn't want to go to London? It's a fantastic city to visit.

• Like 2

Guest BigRoger

Beautiful fur children... you are very lucky! However as for cruising round UK... I think you’ve missed what this forum is.... the clue is in the 6 letter word beginning with ‘c’ (clue not critic)..... people on here like going on ships... that’s why we love transatlantics.......

1 hour ago, Trimone said:

How anyone could compare a 5 star hotel to a NCL cabin is beyond me, it’s comparable with Premier inn.

The food and entertainment are slightly better though 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, BigRoger said:

Beautiful fur children... you are very lucky! However as for cruising round UK... I think you’ve missed what this forum is.... the clue is in the 6 letter word beginning with ‘c’ (clue not critic)..... people on here like going on ships... that’s why we love transatlantics.......

I know, but some of the ports are miles from anywhere, I think there’s better places in the U.K. than tilbury docks?

2 hours ago, Trimone said:

Who the hell would go to London? What’s wrong with Cambridge, Chester, York, Bath, Oxford, Malvern, St Ives, Manchester, Musselburgh, Swansea, Cheltenham,  and many more?

Or perhaps go to those places, and London, and on a cruise.

I’ll never understand why people insist on making these things a one or the other comparison. They are all great options, do them all.

• Like 6

And now Celebrity announce UK cruises this summer. NCL where are you?

Discover the newly revolutionised Celebrity Silhouette, sailing brand new itineraries around the UK from July 2021 - plus get your drinks, Wi-Fi and tips always included.

3 hours ago, Froggitt said:

And now Celebrity announce UK cruises this summer. NCL where are you?

Discover the newly revolutionised Celebrity Silhouette, sailing brand new itineraries around the UK from July 2021 - plus get your drinks, Wi-Fi and tips always included.

For once in my life I appreciate living 20 minutes drive from Southampton & have nice things to say about the place 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Misself said:

Norwegian Cruise Line Removes July and August Sailings from Website - Cruise Industry News | Cruise News

Maybe the UK sailing announcement is coming soon!

(I'm pretty sure my August Baltic cruise will therefore be cancelled).  

I'm certain our July Baltic trip will be cancelled, just like formal confirmation before I book something else for the same dates.

Still no news from NCL. However this looks interesting

This August, Virgin Voyages' shiny new ship Scarlet Lady will be sailing from Portsmouth around England's southern coast — and Virgin Red members can get early access to tickets.

2 hours ago, Mike.S said:

Doesn't look as though NCL will be sailing from the UK this summer

https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/travel-agents/ncl-has-no-plans-for-uk-summer-sailings

Not surprised, we are inundated with top ships now, even Virgin came late to the party and have the bottom of the barrel with Portsmouth 😂

Edited by ziggyuk

Not sure if MSC knows something NCL doesn't as MSC has moved ships on Northern Europe routes for this summer only to replace with older ships.

Heck, MSC still selling summer cruises out of Florida.

Edited by dexddd
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dexddd said:

Not sure if MSC knows something NCL doesn't as MSC has moved ships on Northern Europe for this summer only to replace with older ships.

Heck, MSC still selling summer cruises out of Florida.

Yes MSC appear very confident, they are following the vaccine rollout.
We have their new flag ship Virtuosa for her maiden voyage, can't wait to get onboard.

3 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Yes MSC appear very confident, they are following the vaccine rollout.
We have their new flag ship Virtuosa for her maiden voyage, can't wait to get onboard.

Been closely watching all the new sailings and those coming to your area.  Glad to see that happening.  I wouldn't be surprised if NCL put a ship there too.

We were supposed to be on Virtuoso in June b2b celebrating DD college graduation and DS HS graduation in three YC including the RS with family.  They've worked hard and really looking to see some areas we've been to before and enjoyed and to see some new ones.

I can't just say we'll go next year as I don't know where they'll be.  Was able to get reservation for graduation night at hard to get into restaurant so I'll take any win I can get even if small.

With the stalemate over summer from US, we may try NCL out of the new Caribbean ports.

Have fun on the new ship and feel free to take pictures and rub it in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Been closely watching all the new sailings and those coming to your area.  Glad to see that happening.  I wouldn't be surprised if NCL put a ship there too.

We were supposed to be on Virtuoso in June b2b celebrating DD college graduation and DS HS graduation in three YC including the RS with family.  They've worked hard and really looking to see some areas we've been to before and enjoyed and to see some new ones.

I can't just say we'll go next year as I don't know where they'll be.  Was able to get reservation for graduation night at hard to get into restaurant so I'll take any win I can get even if small.

With the stalemate over summer from US, we may try NCL out of the new Caribbean ports.

Have fun on the new ship and feel free to take pictures and rub it in.

So sorry to hear you were due onboard.

I really think your government need to do something about the PVSA, even on a temporary basis, Our sailings are all domestic and frankly if we had an act like that cruising would be impossible here too.

Honestly, it's not a dream trip sailing around the British Isles when you live here but at least we are on the ocean.