Joy and Gem cruises cancelled through mid-October

Snowrose

And I see someone else just said their Jade cruise was cancelled for late October, also for "redeployment". Our cruise was a fall leaf tour on the Joy, NYC to Canada.

Well, we were expecting it and are glad we weren't left hanging until early September. Unfortunately, this is our 3rd cruise in a row that has been cancelled. The good thing, we will received a 10% increase in our cruise credits, according to the email.

Our Cruise on the Joy for Oct 29th was canceled today. We decided not to rebook after 3 canceled cruises.  I think I will get a feel for things happening in the cruising arena and look for something in 2022. Our Cruise consultant was very helpful and understanding. Bummer none the less 

1 hour ago, saltsandknit said:

Our Cruise on the Joy for Oct 29th was canceled today. We decided not to rebook after 3 canceled cruises.  I think I will get a feel for things happening in the cruising arena and look for something in 2022. Our Cruise consultant was very helpful and understanding. Bummer none the less 

Are you sure it was for Oct 29th?   

We are booked on Joy from Miami Oct 19th to 30th.   On Oct 29th our cruise is 'At Sea' for return to Miami on Oct 30th.  NCL website still showing this itinerary:

11-Day Caribbean Round-Trip Miami: Curacao, Aruba & Dominican Republic

Date Cruise Ports Arrive Depart
Tue, Oct 19, 2021 Miami, Florida (EMBARK) --- 4:00 pm
Wed, Oct 20, 2021 At Sea --- ---
Thu, Oct 21, 2021 At Sea --- ---
Fri, Oct 22, 2021 Willemstad, Curaçao 8:00 am 8:00 pm
Sat, Oct 23, 2021 Oranjestad, Aruba 8:00 am 8:00 pm
Sun, Oct 24, 2021 Kralendijk, Bonaire 6:00 am 1:00 pm
Mon, Oct 25, 2021 Castries, St. Lucia 1:00 pm 9:00 pm
Tue, Oct 26, 2021 Basseterre, St. Kitts 10:00 am 8:00 pm
Wed, Oct 27, 2021 St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands 7:00 am 4:00 pm
Thu, Oct 28, 2021 Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic 11:00 am 7:00 pm
Fri, Oct 29, 2021 At Sea --- ---
Sat, Oct 30, 2021 Miami, Florida (DISEMBARK) 7:00 am ---

1 hour ago, dolphin lady said:

We are booked on the Joy for Oct 30 out of Miami, have not received anything about being canceled.

We are on the Joy cruise just before you out of Miami.  Our cruise still shows as an active reservation.

Another concern we have now is that CDC is still saying their No Sail order is still in place until November 1st.    

• Like 1

We are one the Gem Oct. 29 to Bermuda, her last trip from Boston, hope it isn't canceled. If we have to go next year it will be on the Pearl. TA said she will let me know if she hears anything, I laughed and said I would let her know because CC gets news out faster 😀.

Stay safe folks.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Another concern we have now is that CDC is still saying their No Sail order is still in place until November 1st.    

The CDC has made no changes to the "Framework for Conditional Sailing" order which they put into place on October 30, 2020 to remain in effect until November 1, 2021. It's still the same document. The news media is reporting this incorrectly.

23 minutes ago, Snowrose said:

The new CDC no cruise order from the US now goes until Nov 1st.

This is also incorrect. Nothing is new. The Framework for Conditions to Sail document was always set to expire on November 1, 2021. Mind you, this doesn't mean the CDC can't extend this order past November 1, 2021.

I don't blame people for being confused. Unfortunately, the Main Stream news media gets things wrong far too often. Right now I am looking at headlines from several major news channels (CNN, NBC, Washington Post, etc) with incorrect information on this.  IMO the media no longer about accurate news reporting and more about creating clickbait headlines in an attempt to sell advertising (but I digress).

This is just another example of why we need to read all news critically.

Here is a summary I wrote in another post. Hopefully this will help with all the confusion:

The Framework for Conditional Sailing order put in place last October was always scheduled to expire November 1, 2021. This conditional sailing framework replaced the then existing No Sail order which had been in place from April-October, 2020. Many cruise fans believe that the Framework for Conditional Sailing Order had so many stipulations that, in reality, it was an extension of the original No Sail order. The fact that the news media is referring to both orders as "no sail" orders is rather ironic (and comical). 

CDC Issues Framework for Resuming Safe and Responsible Cruise Ship Passenger Operations | CDC Online Newsroom | CDC

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

NCL is suppose to announce its redeployment and restart plan today (Friday),,, then the mass cancellations commence. 

I hope so.  We want some clarity for our August cruise. 

13 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

The CDC has made no changes to the "Framework for Conditional Sailing" order which they put into place on October 30, 2020 to remain in effect until November 1, 2021. It's still the same document. The news media is reporting this incorrectly.

This is also incorrect. Nothing is new. The Framework for Conditions to Sail document was always set to expire on November 1, 2021. Mind you, this doesn't mean the CDC can't extend this order past November 1, 2021.

I don't blame people for being confused. Unfortunately, the Main Stream news media gets things wrong far too often. Right now I am looking at headlines from several major news channels (CNN, NBC, Washington Post, etc) with incorrect information on this.  IMO the media no longer about accurate news reporting and more about creating clickbait headlines in an attempt to sell advertising (but I digress).

This is just another example of why we need to read all news critically.

Here is a summary I wrote in another post. Hopefully this will help with all the confusion:

The Framework for Conditional Sailing order put in place last October was always scheduled to expire November 1, 2021. This conditional sailing framework replaced the then existing No Sail order which had been in place from April-October, 2020. Many cruise fans believe that the Framework for Conditional Sailing Order had so many stipulations that, in reality, it was an extension of the original No Sail order. The fact that the news media is referring to both orders as "no sail" orders is rather ironic (and comical). 

CDC Issues Framework for Resuming Safe and Responsible Cruise Ship Passenger Operations | CDC Online Newsroom | CDC

Now I'm confused friends on cruise in Sept. received notice canceled until Oct. 22? TA got the same notice and called me because we are the week after. NCL wants us to take advantage of dining & drink packages (No way  lost my drink tax & tip from last years). Hope we sail but have a couple back up plans in case.

Thanks and take care.

3 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

Now I'm confused friends on cruise in Sept. received notice canceled until Oct. 22? TA got the same notice and called me because we are the week after. NCL wants us to take advantage of dining & drink packages (No way  lost my drink tax & tip from last years). Hope we sail but have a couple back up plans in case.

Thanks and take care.

If your TA is suggesting your 2022 cruise was cancelled because the CDC extended the no sail order you really need a new TA :(. The CDC changed nothing. All the cdc did recently (pertaining to cruising) was confirm they are making no changes to the Framework for Conditional sailing order put in place October 30, 2020 and set to expire November 1, 2021.

I suspect your fall 2022 cruise was cancelled as result of cruise lines changing many itineraries (as it was not cancelled due to a new cdc order extending to 2022). . This isn’t to say the CDC can’t extend the current framework past Nov 1, 2021- but they have not done so yet :). 

Latebloomer,

We are booked on the Gem out of Boston to Bermuda November 5 -12 2021. I was surprised

to find a November Boston departure since we've done this trip a number of times with NCL

and the end of October was usually the latest date before repositioning.

Now, with cancellations, I wonder if the November 5th trip sails will we become the guinea pigs as the cruises start up again....

margretha

20 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

If your TA is suggesting your 2022 cruise was cancelled because the CDC extended the no sail order you really need a new TA :(. The CDC changed nothing. All the cdc did recently (pertaining to cruising) was confirm they are making no changes to the Framework for Conditional sailing order put in place October 30, 2020 and set to expire November 1, 2021.

I suspect your fall 2022 cruise was cancelled as result of cruise lines changing many itineraries (as it was not cancelled due to a new cdc order extending to 2022). . This isn’t to say the CDC can’t extend the current framework past Nov 1, 2021- but they have not done so yet :). 

Sorry that was Oct. 22, 2021 😊.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, margretha said:

Latebloomer,

We are booked on the Gem out of Boston to Bermuda November 5 -12 2021. I was surprised

to find a November Boston departure since we've done this trip a number of times with NCL

and the end of October was usually the latest date before repositioning.

Now, with cancellations, I wonder if the November 5th trip sails will we become the guinea pigs as the cruises start up again....

margretha

So far our Oct. 29, 2021 is sailing. Well as of yesterday anyway.

On 3/25/2021 at 11:38 PM, latebloomer56 said:

We are one the Gem Oct. 29 to Bermuda, her last trip from Boston, hope it isn't canceled. If we have to go next year it will be on the Pearl. TA said she will let me know if she hears anything, I laughed and said I would let her know because CC gets news out faster 😀.

Stay safe folks.

Hi LB:

Pearl to Bermuda from Boston beginning April 2022. We started a roll call for April 29th. C'mon along

PanamaGarry

• Like 1