JULY cancellations

zoncom

7 minutes ago, Aloha 1 said:

Yes, I do wish them good luck as it might prove the point it's time to set sail again.

We all should. Otherwise there’s no reason to post on this boards. Cruise critic isn’t a social media to demonstrate your political preferences... or your cooking skills like some posters believe.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, osandomir said:

We all should. Otherwise there’s no reason to post on this boards. Cruise critic isn’t a social media to demonstrate your political preferences... or your cooking skills like some posters believe.

Amen!

56 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I have a final payment coming due at the end of this month for a July cruise out of New York.  If O was going to cancel it, when do you think they would do it?

Thank you.

My Ouija board says 16th of April

Edited by PaulMCO
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/28/2021 at 7:19 PM, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

Well, maybe this has changed by now, but about 8 hours ago, I checked all the July sailings and found a mixed bag.  Nautica (4 from Europe), Insignia (6 from NY), and Regatta (4 from Seattle) cruises were showing wait lists in every category on every cruise, Sirena (5 from Europe) had everything WL except for one category on one cruise.  Riviera's 2 cruises, both Europe, had a good number of categories available.  Marina's 3 cruises all had availability (Europe). So whether the computer programmers are still working through all the cruises, or something else is happening, who knows?

I just used this secret decoder ring to check my Riviera cruise departing Athens (Greece, Israel, Cyprus, Turkey) on 18 July, and it still shows many available categories -- so far.

I decided to switch now for same July 2022, rates in lower cabins seem same, Balcony higher, but I wanted to be early to swich. I did do Inside and will monitor for sales. It said only 2 cabins, now one. I wanted to also switch because if refund I'd lose $240 Amex offers charges my account.

Miles for awards were refundable as was hotel. As we all know my current Balcony cabin still says waitlist.

13 hours ago, XCoastie73 said:

I just used this secret decoder ring to check my Riviera cruise departing Athens (Greece, Israel, Cyprus, Turkey) on 18 July, and it still shows many available categories -- so far.

Be careful!  When it relates to matters regarding sailing, you have to use the secret decoder ring found in the Cap'n Crunch box.  The ring in the Frosted Flakes box is not as accurate for that purpose.  The Frosted Flakes ring is excellent for use in matters pertaining to S E Asia...  🐯 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thepla said:

July 9 2021 cruise now has one cabin that shows available. Starting to wish I did not move already.

Maybe you will change your mind  when the cruise is cancelled 😉

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Maybe you will change your mind  when the cruise is cancelled 😉

deep down I have no regrets. This one just fell into place but we all know there is nearly zero chance a NY cruise will go this summer. 

• Like 1

The Ouija board started moving by itself today and said an announcement is imminent...

Actually NCL pulled the cruises for July and August on their site, so something should be announced soon...

On 4/3/2021 at 10:51 AM, thepla said:

July 9 2021 cruise now has one cabin that shows available. Starting to wish I did not move already.

Was that one cabin which was available the one you had booked previously?

3 minutes ago, Jim and Monika said:

Their request is not going to happen without test cruises.  Plans are paper and with some tests of the paper no certainty that will prove to a government bureaucrat that it will work.

4 minutes ago, Jim and Monika said:

Interesting article, thanks for posting it.  What do you think the chances are that Norwegian has submitted this fully vaccinated plan to the CDC anticipating it being rejected by the CDC thus giving Norwegian and the cruise industry grounds for filing a lawsuit?  Either way, I'm glad to see at least one operator seems to be taking the bull by the horns.  Thanks again for posting this.

14 minutes ago, Jim and Monika said:

I really cannot see 4 July 2021 being cruiseline Independence Day out of USA ports! This, despite the fact we are booked on Insignia 9 July NYC to Bermuda. At least Oceania announce cancellations before final payment, with the change to 60 days out! 

2 hours ago, hamrag said:

I really cannot see 4 July 2021 being cruiseline Independence Day out of USA ports! This, despite the fact we are booked on Insignia 9 July NYC to Bermuda. At least Oceania announce cancellations before final payment, with the change to 60 days out! 

FDR said in his letter that July cruises would only have 60% capacity.  Even if CDC permits this (which I don't believe they will), how will they decide what 40% get bumped?  Will they go after the unvaccinated people first?  Hmmm. . .

Edited by Daniel A

41 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

FDR said in his letter that July cruises would only have 60% capacity.  Even if CDC permits this (which I don't believe they will), how will they decide what 40% get bumped?  Will they go after the unvaccinated people first?  Hmmm. . .

I wouldnt think they are fully booked..

Jancruz1

• Like 2