Apex Pricing August

kittywife77

Just now, Miaminice said:

Did you expect it to be any other way? 😉

Happy for them if they fill the available capacity - not with us either though.

To be honest I expected them to price it more competitively. 

34 minutes ago, kittywife77 said:

There´s only competition if they don´t sell the berths. And I think they will.
Plenty of people out there willing to spend crazy money just to get back on board.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kittywife77 said:

You're right, but still too spendy for a 7 nighters, whether it's on the Apex or not. 

I agree - but a snip compared to the solo price of £3541.

Even if I won the Euromillions, I would not pay that.

Annie

55 minutes ago, roquejo said:

the prices are quite high for a 7 night cruise..and looks like they are sailing in reduced capacity.. no inside, outside staterooms are available and not all veranda categories are available

Yes, but that was known in advance... Staterooms with balconies only and 40-60 % capacity.

Looking at the eight night end September cruise in a veranda balcony. £216 a night with discount so not sooo bad. In normal times would not contemplate this price but have some holiday monies desperate to be used.

Opportunity to try Apex with fewer people as I must say it does not appeal. We love the S-class.

The above price for August not too bad. Parents are used to being ripped off in August.

6 hours ago, kittywife77 said:

Me too. For those having to travel from US, with airfare and hotel stay, just too much to risk given the current situation in Greece is also uncertain. 

We have thought that Celebrity's pricing for their newer "Edge" ships has been too high for several years.  In fact, we were able to cruise on Seabourn (in a suite) for less overall cost per passenger day then on Celebrity!    This actually moved us away from Celebrity (about 3-4 years ago) and we found ourselves doing more luxury cruise lines (of MSC's Yacht Club) finding it a much better value then the Edge.

No surprise that the prices for near-future cruises have been set high.  There will be capacity limits on the ship which really cuts into Celebrity's ability to maximize onboard revenue (fewer passengers means less revenue).  And since supply/demand is a big determinant in pricing, the lack of supply coupled with pent up demand means higher prices.

Hank