What is your “Can’t Miss” Princess Recommendation? 🛳

Jadn13

On 3/31/2021 at 2:57 PM, nini said:

This is one tradition I would like to begin. Astro Flyer; we just call the Dine Line when boarding the ship? we would love to try the Chef's Table and/ or Winemaker's Dinner.

You can also stop at Passenger Services right as you board. They will take your name for the CT (not sure about the WD). Much faster than listening to the busy signal on the dine line.😘

• Like 1

I was just sitting here thinking about all of the wonderful things I have missed about cruising and specifically about Princess....

the tireless crew, with their ever-ready smiles

sitting quietly on my balcony just watching the world go by

the excitement as I approach a port

trivia

walking on the promenade or the upper decks with the breeze making me forget all of my troubles

Yummy meals

turndown service...yes, I like coming in and finding my bed ready for me to just jump in...

that feeling that I am doing something new with an old familiar friend....that sort of welcome home feeling you get as you jump on board the first time for that journey

seeing everyone around me having a good time

being lulled to sleep by the sea

afternoon tea with a chance to make new friends

a little bit of romance

a whole lot of family time

great kids programs that are well run (we travel with our grand, we are raising her)

the ability to disconnect but the capability to reconnect when I need to

finishing several books

holding hands 

having meals together for days on end

no cooking, no cleaning, nothing to stress over

princess became our favorite cruise line we just fit with the vibe.  We miss it!!!!

• Like 9

On 3/31/2021 at 2:48 PM, JEH said:

During the first days of a cruise we always  ask at the Buffet  what nights are specialty  nights. This information sometimes  can be  found in small type in the Patter . Bavarian  Night is our favorite .

Who do you ask at the buffet? We definitely want to do the special nights. 

Favourite “Can’t Miss” things

- sunset sail away cocktails on the back wakeview pool deck. Grab a platter of charcuterie from the buffet

- morning alarm clock is the tap tap tap of fresh coffee and pasties arriving at your door

- a glass of wine on your balcony in the dark silence with just the sound of the water and waves. And the excitement of another lit up ship passing by

- an early morning brisk walk along all the outside decks to see everything there is to see.

- never miss a sunset arrival at port.  So interesting to see the crews spring to life 

- my boys love to get onboard early to watch the supplies being loaded 

• Like 5

My favorite "Can't Miss things are"

• IC
  • Karaoke (so much fun to watch)
  • Zumba classes (Matt ODowd, CD  I think that was his name, is the best) Someone correct me if I'm wrong. 
  • Promenade deck walk after I've eaten. 
  • Sanctuary for chill time. They include afternoon tea!!
  • Meeting people from around the world. 

OK I miss it soooo much. I need to go soon!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Travlin grrl said:

OK I never knew the volcano looked like that. I'm ordering that next time!!!

Thanks a lot and goodbye diet. 

The Volcano varies by ship and chef. It can be different each time. When I had the volcano it looked nothing like that. I know Tony has posted more than one picture and they aren't the same at all.  (I would still recommend giving it a try though. 😁)

• Like 1

For the OP:

Be sure to catch sunset at sea. You might even catch a glimpse of the green flash. (It's fast so be ready...) When sailing the sunset can be different each night. You never know what you will see.

image.thumb.jpeg.b9894e5129f01e6d4991668ce1a04976.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f0fe22e2f15df37e71abac2275c6942d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.da3d1244025950f907657f8e87024429.jpeg

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Travlin grrl said:

OK I never knew the volcano looked like that. I'm ordering that next time!!!

Thanks a lot and goodbye diet. 

Hi Travlin girl ,

Your on a cruise you can’t be on a diet at the same time 😁 Fugheddaboudit!!

OK see photo of a diet Volcano 😁

Tony

04D1E7ED-9ADA-49EB-AF69-7294E6155C13.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

International Cafe, for a specialty coffee and pastry after a three mile walk up, down, and around the ship and a visit to the well appointed gym with a view.  Oh, (edit) Oatmeal cookies.  Get em while they last.

Edited by CAZephyr
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Thrak said:

For the OP:

Be sure to catch sunset at sea. You might even catch a glimpse of the green flash. (It's fast so be ready...) When sailing the sunset can be different each night. You never know what you will see.

image.thumb.jpeg.b9894e5129f01e6d4991668ce1a04976.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f0fe22e2f15df37e71abac2275c6942d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.da3d1244025950f907657f8e87024429.jpeg

IMG_6730.JPG

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Thrak said:

I'm often promoted to Knighthood. The staff at IC or our Steward often call me Sir but then also call me Michael so I end up being, "Sir Michael".

I have the same experience on every voyage and with the medallion they know our name as they approach us.  I have to purchase my piece of land so I can feel more worthy when they greet me.

Edited by Grego
grammar change

1 hour ago, JEH said:

We ask one of the Horizon Court head waiters . They are very helpful, we really recommend Bavarian  and Italian  Night .

Thanks!! Cannot wait for all the dining opportunities & possibilities once again. ♡

Maybe I missed it? No one has mentioned complimentary laundry and dry cleaning service for elite passengers.

The Horizon Court on the Caribbean Princess usually alternates a ramen station with a stir fry station. The broth is so good it's addictive! Choose your own ingredients, and the chef cooks it to order. Jalopenos are so hot there! Makes my mouth water!

• Like 2

Check the patter to see when & what type of entertainment will take place in the piazza that evening. Sometimes it's soothing music from a 3 piece group. Get a snack & beverage from the IC, relax to the music, forget all worries, count your blessings. 

• Like 3

Filling in the breakfast menu last thing at night and hanging it on the cabin door.  This might be a thing of the past with the medallion.  A real treat to enjoy on the balcony to start the day.  Just coffee, juice and croissants watching the ocean.  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, seapals2 said:

Filling in the breakfast menu last thing at night and hanging it on the cabin door.  This might be a thing of the past with the medallion.

A few months before cruising paused breakfast could be ordered by either a card or the MedallionClass app.

• Like 2