all inclusive drinks package and gratuities

delgirl

I have just looked at my T&C's for my UK cruise and they are no different.

When you buy the package you pay the price quoted then they add on 18% at checkout, on the ship you are not charged drink gratuities because you have already paid them.

If you buy the Dream With Us package when booking it is different. You pay only the price quoted.

Dream With Us includes drinks package, Wi-Fi and all gratuities, a very good deal.

Hello delgirl, I live in the West Midlands, Lovely weather we are having at the moment

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dwhe said:

I have just looked at my T&C's for my UK cruise and they are no different.

When you buy the package you pay the price quoted then they add on 18% at checkout, on the ship you are not charged drink gratuities because you have already paid them.

If you buy the Dream With Us package when booking it is different. You pay only the price quoted.

Dream With Us includes drinks package, Wi-Fi and all gratuities, a very good deal.

Hello delgirl, I live in the West Midlands, Lovely weather we are having at the moment

Yes lovely weather. We have never cruised with princess before. We are not big drinkers and I mostly drink pop or water. It is £30.00pdpp extra which includes drinks, wi-fi and gratuities. Was just trying to work out if it was feasible to do this or just pay gratuities and drinks separately. Never use my phone when on a ship always in the safe. I am on holiday.

6 minutes ago, delgirl said:

Sorry thought AI was princess beverage package. West midlands is in the middle of the UK slightly towards wales in the west. Looking at Staycations from Southampton for UK citizens only.

so did I. The info I posted is from Princess web site brochure. Come to find out that there is some discrepancies  or as I like to say ....shenanigans !

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, delgirl said:

Yes lovely weather. We have never cruised with princess before. We are not big drinkers and I mostly drink pop or water. It is £30.00pdpp extra which includes drinks, wi-fi and gratuities. Was just trying to work out if it was feasible to do this or just pay gratuities and drinks separately. Never use my phone when on a ship always in the safe. I am on holiday.

Even if you only have the odd cocktail and a few cups of coffee in my opinion it is worth it combined with the Wi-Fi and general gratuities.

If you don't take the Dream package you will have to pay for all drinks and will have to pay the daily gratuities added everyday, and no Wi-Fi which you might not miss.

22 hours ago, jennybenny said:

Is the Princess drink package different on European cruises? I didn’t realize the discounts and what was included could be different. I just assumed there were different drink values and different prices depending on the ship currency.

No, on regular European cruises the package is the same as USA based cruises.

What is different here is that these pandemic cruises are UK based and either have no ports or UK ports on the itinerary and are not the regular cruises, but special ones for the pandemic that are only available to those who live in the UK. For this set of cruises Princess came up with unusual pricing and modified the beverage package terms.

It would be a major change if they imposed these changes once "normal" cruising resumes.

• Thanks 1

On 3/31/2021 at 4:16 PM, delgirl said:

Sorry thought AI was princess beverage package. West midlands is in the middle of the UK slightly towards wales in the west. Looking at Staycations from Southampton for UK citizens only.

All inclusive I take to mean just that .. not expecting any additional charges for tips.  It includes wifi and gratuities as well as the drinks package.  I haven’t checked but doubt it will include champagne by the glass.  🤔.  

51 minutes ago, seapals2 said:

All inclusive I take to mean just that .. not expecting any additional charges for tips.  It includes wifi and gratuities as well as the drinks package.  I haven’t checked but doubt it will include champagne by the glass.  🤔.  

Last time we sailed it included splits of Korbel champagne.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, seapals2 said:

There are some exclusions. Beverage package examples: limit of 15 drinks/pp/day of alcoholic beverages, menu priced beverages US$12 & under, no canned soda, and more. 

• Like 1

On 3/30/2021 at 1:54 PM, beg3yrs said:

Right, tips are included in the all-inclusive. If you purchase the drink package separately the tips are added on to the package's price so you've already paid tips.

Sounds a lot like the Celebrity trip we were(supposed)on. With Celebrity's I don't drink, so that "all-inclusive" Obviously is a win-win for them. The tips, fine, but for non drinkers, not so much for us.

On 3/30/2021 at 7:48 AM, delgirl said:

Have been looking at princess staycations. Looking at the small print it says gratuities on bar drinks not included also dining room. If that is so it's not really all inclusive or am I reading it incorrectly. Would love some clarification.

I’ve had this package before & unless things have changed the gratuities have always been included. Have you called Princess to ask them?  If so please let us know what they said. 

Tom😀

On 3/31/2021 at 8:26 AM, delgirl said:

Are you aware that Princess will have a card with a QR code that you will need to read with an app on your phone to see the menu?

Tom😀

20 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Are you aware that Princess will have a card with a QR code that you will need to read with an app on your phone to see the menu?

Tom😀

There has to be an alternate menu method. Not everyone has a phone, and not every one's eyes can read a phone screen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, trbarton said:

I’ve had this package before & unless things have changed the gratuities have always been included. Have you called Princess to ask them?  If so please let us know what they said. 

The Princess staycation cruises that are exclusive to Great Britain residents and only go to UK ports appear to have special rules for the beverage package that are different than the normal rules.

There are no special rules for seacation cruises around the UK with regards to the drinks package as long as the price of the drink is $12 or under on the drinks menu then it is included and there are no extra charges for gratuities/service tax as stated on Princess website. "The 18% service charge is also included – no added bar gratuities required onboard".

2 hours ago, majortom10 said:

There are no special rules for seacation cruises around the UK with regards to the drinks package as long as the price of the drink is $12 or under on the drinks menu then it is included and there are no extra charges for gratuities/service tax as stated on Princess website. "The 18% service charge is also included – no added bar gratuities required onboard".

That was my understanding as well.  People are trying to make out there are differences, but there are none ! 

I have paid for 2 of these packages, one Round Britain in Oct and one to Norway next year and they are no different to "Staycation" and the package available in the USA.

I tell a lie, it is called Dream with us in the UK and Princess Plus in the USA which might explain why people are getting confused. When I have mentioned Dream With Us people didn't know what I was talking about.

Edited by dwhe