Jump to content

MITSUGIRLY is in Cozumel


mitsugirly
 Share

Recommended Posts

HI Kim.  Just read all of your Cozumel report that's been posted.  Thanks as always for all of your research, hard work, pictures, anecdotes and more!

 

I can't believe Sakari is getting to be such a young lady!  She has grown so much since I first "met" her in your earlier cruise reports.  One thing I do miss is seeing all of her drawings - she is so talented.

 

So sorry to hear about the loss of Kolin's baby.  Glad he is in a great relationship now and congratulations on his engagement!  So nice to see that everyone gets long.

 

(I can't seem to be able to read day 6 either)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/2/2021 at 4:06 PM, kpark895 said:

HI Kim.  Just read all of your Cozumel report that's been posted.  Thanks as always for all of your research, hard work, pictures, anecdotes and more!

 

I can't believe Sakari is getting to be such a young lady!  She has grown so much since I first "met" her in your earlier cruise reports.  One thing I do miss is seeing all of her drawings - she is so talented.

 

So sorry to hear about the loss of Kolin's baby.  Glad he is in a great relationship now and congratulations on his engagement!  So nice to see that everyone gets long.

 

(I can't seem to be able to read day 6 either)

 

Thank you for the nice comments and glad you are enjoying the review. 

 

She is still doing her drawings. I have a whole bunch of them to post from this vacation. I was actually thinking about adding a "special page" on my site just for her drawings so she can see each time over the years how she has improved. She just amazes me with her skills. She's recently started painting as well (which is HIGHLY unusual for her) and also drawing with a pencil (also very unusual for her as well since she has always used just a pen). I will be sure to share the ones she did recently on vacation. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well shucky darn!  I was on my way out the door to go to work and wanted to get the next day posted and totally forgot to link the page to the button. It's there, just not linked. LOL  I'll go do that now. So sorry about that. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

Well shucky darn!  I was on my way out the door to go to work and wanted to get the next day posted and totally forgot to link the page to the button. It's there, just not linked. LOL  I'll go do that now. So sorry about that. 

Thanks!  I've been checking every day and it finally popped up last night.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm trying really hard to get another day up. I'm not sure if I mentioned, but after a long year and 8 months, I went back to work 1 month before this vacation. I know at this point that my leg/foot is never going to get any better so I thought I would ease back into nursing part time and see how it goes. But, after I returned our company was bought out and they invited me to go full time for a nice salary AND a company car with all expenses paid for including all my daily supplies and equipment. Then they offered me benefits, holiday pay, and vacation (which I haven't had any of those since working at the hospital 7 years ago). I just couldn't pass it up! So, I have been working a lot and putting in long hours on certain days (sometimes up until 8-9pm), which is limiting my time to work on my review. (Of course, you know me, the first thing I asked when they presented the offer was..."I take 3 vacations a year, so how will this work if I only get 1 paid week?" LOL....of course they said I could take as many vacations I wanted, it just wouldn't be paid vacations. I'm ok with that.) I have to admit, I'm very tired at night but every waking moment I have, that I'm not actually working, I'm working on getting my pictures and review together for everyone. I really appreciate everyone here and everyone that has subscribed to my site. 

 

I almost have half of the next day done. I have our morning ADVENTURE done and just need to finish my video and I think I'm going to go ahead and post it for everyone to have something to read. Then finish the last half of the day after that and then post it. What does everyone think? You want the first half of the day posted and then do the other half? Or you all want it to be posted all together?

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congratulations on the good new work job Kim.

 

Post however and whenever you want.  It will eventually get done and we will enjoy it whenever it happens.  Just recently getting back in the workforce and working long hours combined with your foot problems, I'm tired just thinking about it.  

 

Happy Mother's day.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you all for the kind words! I went ahead and published my morning portion of the review...give you all something to read and look forward to. 

 

I am working on my video from that morning and the "surprise" for everyone. When I get that done, I'll publish it and then finish the second half of the day because there's a lot more to come. It was a busy day. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The rest of our scuba diving day is up and I'm moving on to the rest of the day now. There's a video up from the day as well. I'm still learning my video producing skills...need more practice...much more practice, but I tried. I ended up having to purchase the video program to get the watermark off of it. I've been trying to avoid doing that but I guess it's time now. I guess that means I'll have to start doing more videos on trips now. 😁

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

The rest of our scuba diving day is up and I'm moving on to the rest of the day now. There's a video up from the day as well. I'm still learning my video producing skills...need more practice...much more practice, but I tried. I ended up having to purchase the video program to get the watermark off of it. I've been trying to avoid doing that but I guess it's time now. I guess that means I'll have to start doing more videos on trips now. 😁

 

I can’t view the video. When I click on it, it says private 😢😢😢

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kim, thanks for all of the hard work you put in for your review of your Cozumel trip.  

"I could have made the decision to not wear mine but I still would have let Sakari wear hers...although hers didn't do much good either because when she took hers off, she was wet underneath including her bathing suit."

 

That's why they call them "wet"suits.  The water is supposed to get inside of the wetsuit.  But once it does, your body warms the water and it keeps the body heat inside.  It keeps you from getting too cool while you dive or snorkel.  Only a "dry suit" will keep you dry.  And those are very expensive and used in very, very cold water.

I dove in a quarry in January in KY and used a wetsuit.  It's a shock until the water warms up in your suit.  It doesn't take hardly any time, but when you first get in the water it is really cold.  On that dive I had a full wetsuit, gloves, booties, and hood.  It wasn't a dive that I cared to repeat, but it was interesting.

 

 

Sherry

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

@mitsugirly

Can you share with us details of where you went for your Covid test and what it entailed? Trying to decide the best option for return to US, if it is still needed.

 

I actually didn't go anywhere, the doctor came to me. 🙂 The doctor that everyone always mentioned on the fb Cozumel page was no longer at the clinic so I had to find someone else. I'll have to get the info and I will include it in my review. 

 

9 hours ago, blarko said:

 

I can’t view the video. When I click on it, it says private 😢😢😢

 

 

Oopsy, I forgot to make it public. Sorry about that. I started having to make videos private because I had too many people viewing them before that part of the review was done and they already knew what was going on. LOL cheaters!

 

It's available now. 

 

6 hours ago, E@syPe@zy said:

Kim, thanks for all of the hard work you put in for your review of your Cozumel trip.  

"I could have made the decision to not wear mine but I still would have let Sakari wear hers...although hers didn't do much good either because when she took hers off, she was wet underneath including her bathing suit."

 

That's why they call them "wet"suits.  The water is supposed to get inside of the wetsuit.  But once it does, your body warms the water and it keeps the body heat inside.  It keeps you from getting too cool while you dive or snorkel.  Only a "dry suit" will keep you dry.  And those are very expensive and used in very, very cold water.

I dove in a quarry in January in KY and used a wetsuit.  It's a shock until the water warms up in your suit.  It doesn't take hardly any time, but when you first get in the water it is really cold.  On that dive I had a full wetsuit, gloves, booties, and hood.  It wasn't a dive that I cared to repeat, but it was interesting.

 

 

Sherry

 

 

Seriously? I never knew that. Well maybe the wetsuits we have worn in the past were too tight? Because my bathing suit has never gotten wet when I have worn them before. Hmm, this is very interesting to find out and I really appreciate you telling me this. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2021 at 7:11 AM, mitsugirly said:

I actually didn't go anywhere, the doctor came to me. 🙂 The doctor that everyone always mentioned on the fb Cozumel page was no longer at the clinic so I had to find someone else. I'll have to get the info and I will include it in my review. 


Thanks, have read of various options, just interested to hear your personal experience.
 

Many air BnB and condo people seem to do the “house visit” route but obviously more expensive. I was wondering if they all used the same type of test and thought with your medical background you might have a preference.

 

Sky Reef certainly seems to have added a lot more loungers than when it originally opened. Of course  everywhere looks so different at the moment, I wonder how popular/ crowded it is in normal times.Glad you enjoyed the snorkeling there. It looks like one of the easier locations for entering.

 

Strange check from Sky Reef - were they pulling a fast one, or did you just get the wrong one? Did you pay in US $ all week?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/15/2021 at 7:35 PM, c-leg5 said:

@mitsugirly

Can you share with us details of where you went for your Covid test and what it entailed? Trying to decide the best option for return to US, if it is still needed.

I love your reviews Mitsugirly!  I was in Cozumel April 10th - 17th and stayed at the Melia.  They had people come right to the resort and set up the rapid Covid testing.  You had to make a reservation using a phone app.  They came and did the test and you just sit in the room and wait for your results.  We had ours in about 15 minutes.  No one asked for the test results at the airport.  Also, we did not pay any tax at the airport.  We flew American Airlines.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, imluvncruzn said:

I love your reviews Mitsugirly!  I was in Cozumel April 10th - 17th and stayed at the Melia.  They had people come right to the resort and set up the rapid Covid testing.  You had to make a reservation using a phone app.  They came and did the test and you just sit in the room and wait for your results.  We had ours in about 15 minutes.  No one asked for the test results at the airport.  Also, we did not pay any tax at the airport.  We flew American Airlines.  

Thanks, we won’t be at a hotel and will need to arrange it ourselves although many seem to have someone come to their condo. Was it a nasal swab, or the really deep nasal? Do they ask for your airline - perhaps the results are sent direct?


I have heard several say the tax isn’t being collected.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Thanks, we won’t be at a hotel and will need to arrange it ourselves although many seem to have someone come to their condo. Was it a nasal swab, or the really deep nasal? Do they ask for your airline - perhaps the results are sent direct?


I have heard several say the tax isn’t being collected.

 

It was the deep nasal swab.  We had to register with Verifly.  Then they email a code to you.  We gave that code to the front desk to make the appointment.  So yes, maybe they log the info into Verifly?  I don't know.  They printed our test results out and told us we would need to show it at the airport but nobody asked to see it.  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: AmaWaterways Announces an Extended Season on the Douro River
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...