Is there a supermarket on board?

14 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Thanks on the Starbucks updates. And since it's not free, no surprise it's super spendy. However, I know I've picked up free treats from somewhere. 

I haven't been on Anthem. Someday.

Sometimes you get lucky. Like if there's a fancy ice cream bar somewhere you might find M&M's and Reese's Pieces and stuff like that. The Windjammer area can offer a lot of windfalls like that if you catch the right time. 🙂

On 4/4/2021 at 12:47 PM, Sunshine7777 said:

First time cruiser so please excuse my lack of knowledge. However, is there a shop/supermarket where you can buy fruit and snacks for your room? Or can you pick things up that are complimentary?? 

No need, food is EVERYWHERE free for the taking!  You'll have the larger problem if you know what I mean! 🤮

2 hours ago, dswallow said:

Sometimes you get lucky. Like if there's a fancy ice cream bar somewhere you might find M&M's and Reese's Pieces and stuff like that. The Windjammer area can offer a lot of windfalls like that if you catch the right time. 🙂

I've done that on Celebrity Ships but don't remember any Royal ships with Ice Cream Counters in the Windjammer, just soft serve on the pool deck.

9 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I've done that on Celebrity Ships but don't remember any Royal ships with Ice Cream Counters in the Windjammer, just soft serve on the pool deck.

We have had hand scooped ice cream in the WJ on many ships.  OP is sailing Anthem and they usually have two different flavors they are scooping at the dessert station on the left hand side of the WJ.  We have seen make your own ice cream sundae carts come around during dinner in the WJ and also a make your own sundae station set up at one of the stations.  On the ships with afternoon snacks in the WJ, there is always hand scooped ice cream and toppings.

7 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We have had hand scooped ice cream in the WJ on many ships.  OP is sailing Anthem and they usually have two different flavors they are scooping at the dessert station on the left hand side of the WJ.  We have seen make your own ice cream sundae carts come around during dinner in the WJ and also a make your own sundae station set up at one of the stations.  On the ships with afternoon snacks in the WJ, there is always hand scooped ice cream and toppings.

I've been on the Anthem 3 times , don't remember that. I'll have to look for it when I'm on the Anthem this Christmas. That's what I like about the Celebrity ships that have a permanent ice cream counter in the buffet area. I'll get a bowl and just ask for the M&Ms. Carnival now has freshly made ice cream in their buffet areas,2 flavors and a toppings area.

1 minute ago, kwokpot said:

I've been on the Anthem 3 times , don't remember that. I'll have to look for it when I'm on the Anthem this Christmas. That's what I like about the Celebrity ships that have a permanent ice cream counter in the buffet area. I'll get a bowl and just ask for the M&Ms. Carnival now has freshly made ice cream in their buffet areas,2 flavors and a toppings area.

We have sailed Anthem five times and usually sit on the left side of the WJ.  Ice cream is on the left, at the end of the dessert station, basically at the window.  Not sure if it is at the dessert station on the right side.  We have also seen ice cream at the back of the WJ, where they make the crepes, in the gluten free section.

Just a suggestion that we have done on basically every cruise. At breakfast, in the Windjammer they ALWAYS have a few large bowls of chopped nuts and chocolate chips, sometimes even pumpkin seed. We never eat at the buffet, but every morning, while my DW is getting dressed, I go to the Windjammer and fill up a couple of cereal bowls with this said chocolate chips and whatever nuts they have out. Take them back to the room, put them in baggies and we have snacks for sitting out on the deck, just chilling out.

These items ARE there every single day, Sometimes they might be by the waffle maker, another time by cereal fixings, but again, the chocolate chips (and they are delicious) are there every day, just at breakfast. 

Cheers

Len

Just now, Giantfan13 said:

Just a suggestion that we have done on basically every cruise. ( I hate to give away a good thing, but for fellow cruisers, her it is). At breakfast, in the Windjammer they ALWAYS have a few large bowls of chopped nuts and chocolate chips, sometimes even pumpkin seed. We never eat at the buffet, but every morning, while my DW is getting dressed, I go to the Windjammer and fill up a couple of cereal bowls with this said chocolate chips and whatever nuts they have out. Take them back to the room, put them in baggies and we have snacks for sitting out on the deck, just chilling out.

These items ARE there every single day, Sometimes they might be by the waffle maker, another time by cereal fixings, but again, the chocolate chips (and they are delicious) are there every day, just at breakfast. 

Cheers

Len

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

I don't remember being on an RCI without ice cream in the Windjammer at dinner time.

While I didn't see them at this thing, some people on an elevator had full plastic cups of something like M&M's and told me they got them at the Windjammer around the huge gingerbread house display. This was on Anthem on 12/11/2019.

20191211_180355.thumb.jpg.4b0a4dda750b657614615a299808d554.jpg

Edited by dswallow

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't remember being on an RCI without ice cream in the Windjammer at dinner time.

What about lunchtime? I don't remember ice cream at lunch. I was on the jewel in Nov/Dec 2019 for 16 nights and there was never regular ice cream in the Windjammer. I'm not talking about soft serve from the dispenser.

Just now, kwokpot said:

What about lunchtime? I don't remember ice cream at lunch. I was on the jewel in Nov/Dec 2019 for 16 nights and there was never regular ice cream in the Windjammer. I'm not talking about soft serve from the dispenser.

I don't remember ever having regular ice cream at lunch.

17 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't remember ever having regular ice cream at lunch.

That's what I've been saying all along. This might be where the confusion is. Maybe regular ice cream is always offered in the Windjammer at dinnertime, but not lunchtime,where it's the soft serve. I don't normally eat dinner at the Windjammer. 

10 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

That's what I've been saying all along. This might be where the confusion is. Maybe regular ice cream is always offered in the Windjammer at dinnertime, but not lunchtime,where it's the soft serve. I don't normally eat dinner at the Windjammer. 

There is no confusion.  Anthem has had hand scooped ice cream at lunch, whether you have seen it or not.  Yes, you had soft serve ice cream on Jewel at lunch, but that is a Radiance class ship.  Radiance class ships have soft serve in the WJ.  We have sailed all the Radiance class ships and my DH has at least one cone of soft serve in the WJ everyday.