Is there a supermarket on board?

6 hours ago, Sunshine7777 said:

First time cruiser so please excuse my lack of knowledge. However, is there a shop/supermarket where you can buy fruit and snacks for your room? Or can you pick things up that are complimentary?? 

The supermarket is right next to the Walmart on the Promenade deck. 

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, RoyalC said:

The supermarket is right next to the Walmart on the Promenade deck. 

Okey dokey you could purchase a second hand Rolex watch too on many ship's too ...

Do you shop Wal-Mart often ...? 

We like to do long excursions. Sometimes a nice lunch or snack is provided. SOMETIMES. Once on an 8 hour excursion we got a granola bar and warm can of soda.

I always bring factory sealed snacks. I get migraines if I don't eat or drink enough. I bring several kinds on excursions. They range from Kind bars, fruits and nuts, etc. Make sure they are factory sealed for customs.

I once had to buy aspirin from one of the shops on board. Paid 2 bucks per tablet.

I was on Anthem year before last and food was hard to come by after buffet hours.  The pizza shop (no extra charge) had a horrific long line because they could not cook fast enough for the demand. It typically took 30 minutes to get through the line. The cafe had just 3 or 4 overpriced choices during late hours. The coffee shop and it's treats was closed after 9 or 10pm which ruled it out after the late show.

6 minutes ago, PelicanBill said:

I was on Anthem year before last and food was hard to come by after buffet hours.  The pizza shop (no extra charge) had a horrific long line because they could not cook fast enough for the demand. It typically took 30 minutes to get through the line. The cafe had just 3 or 4 overpriced choices during late hours. The coffee shop and it's treats was closed after 9 or 10pm which ruled it out after the late show.

Cafe Promenade is open 24 hours... and everything they ever serve is no charge there.

The Pub has hot appetizers for sale... about $4 each. I've sometimes made a meal of one or two there not wanting a full dinner.

Edited by dswallow
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dswallow said:

Cafe Promenade is open 24 hours... and everything they ever serve is no charge there.

OK I didn't remember it being free. But they had only 3 or 4 things available, like two sandwiches and two dessert items during late hours. 

7 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I once had to buy aspirin from one of the shops on board. Paid 2 bucks per tablet.

Next time check the medical facility onboard. They always have meclizine packets out for people to take and I think there were other items as well. Post-covid though they will probably interrogate you first.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2021 at 1:47 PM, Sunshine7777 said:

First time cruiser so please excuse my lack of knowledge. However, is there a shop/supermarket where you can buy fruit and snacks for your room? Or can you pick things up that are complimentary?? 

I saw in another thread that you will be on Anthem.  First thing to note is that Cafe Promenade is open 24 hours a day:
https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-dining/cafe-promenade

They change up their menu throughout the day to target breakfast vs lunch/dinner.  You will always be able to grab a snack.  And normally if Sorrento's Pizza closes, Cafe Promenade will have the pizza there.

Windjammer is the best place to "stock up" on snacks.  Grab an extra piece of fruit or a couple cookies for later and keep them in your room.  Just remember - don't take fruit ashore as many countries Customs agents won't like you that way.

Overall, unless you need a specific snack that you don't think they will carry, you won't need to bring or purchase any extra food.  As they stated in one of the Q&A sessions with the staff, the average cruiser gains 6.6 pounds during a 7 day cruise.   You won't need any extra food.  🙂

2 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

270 has a nice selection of food to bring back to your room.

I agree, 270 is our go to on Anthem, not Cafe Promenade.  Hours are limited at 270 but you get used to them.  Not sure about pizza at Cafe Promenade on Anthem, they are side by side and connected but have never seen pizza in Cafe Promenade when Sorrentos is closed.  Sorrentos is really good on Anthem though.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, marci22 said:

Next time check the medical facility onboard. They always have meclizine packets out for people to take and I think there were other items as well. Post-covid though they will probably interrogate you first.

Some have drugs for sale through dispensers, aspirin probably only a buck apiece.

15 hours ago, marci22 said:

Thanks. Good to know. I've heard they do dispense a lot of tabs for free. I overpack them now!

9 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

270 has a nice selection of food to bring back to your room.

Doesn't Starbucks offer their treats for free or am I thinking of another venue? I don't drink coffee so I don't remember. Plus...it's been over a year since we've been onboard. I've lost a lot of mental information due to copious amounts of wine. 

20 hours ago, PelicanBill said:

OK I didn't remember it being free. But they had only 3 or 4 things available, like two sandwiches and two dessert items during late hours. 

Ask what else they may have that's in the kitchen. More is available, such as fruit like pineapple. 

8 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Doesn't Starbucks offer their treats for free or am I thinking of another venue? I don't drink coffee so I don't remember. Plus...it's been over a year since we've been onboard. I've lost a lot of mental information due to copious amounts of wine. 

Anthem does not have Starbucks.  (and their treats aren't free).  It has La Patisserie, and those treats also cost $$$.

8 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Nope- Nothing at the Starbucks is free 😞

also, since no one has mentioned it yet, the seaplex on Anthem has the "seaplex dog house" which serves hot dogs and small snacks (i think chips and/or french fries) and they stay open decently late... not sure what times but i know i went up for a snack there later in the evening a few times. 

there are lots of options for food/snacks. cafe 270 is really yummy. 

16 minutes ago, allisonb22 said:

also, since no one has mentioned it yet, the seaplex on Anthem has the "seaplex dog house" which serves hot dogs and small snacks (i think chips and/or french fries) and they stay open decently late... not sure what times but i know i went up for a snack there later in the evening a few times. 

there are lots of options for food/snacks. cafe 270 is really yummy. 

The SeaPlex Dog House has 4 types of hot dogs, toppings like sauerkraut, peppers and sauteed onions, and tiny little cups of potato salad or cole slaw as sides.