CDC Hints US Cruising Could Start Mid-Summer - How Soon Would You Cruise?

CCAubs

How Soon Would You Cruise? CDC Says Cruising from US Could Start as Soon as Mid-Summer  

10 members have voted

1. 1. With the CDC hinting that cruising from the US could return as soon as mid-summer, how soon would you consider taking a cruise?

• Within the next three months
    • 4-6 months from now
    • 7-9 months from now
    • 10-12 months from now
    • 1-2 years from now
    • More than two years from now
    • I'm not sure.
    • I won't be cruising again.

This poll is closed to new votes

22 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

Obviously with a 95% vaccinated rate they are accounting for very few exemptions. But if you say planned a family cruise with your spouse for next year and she was advised by her doctor not to have the vaccine due to severe allergies; now your entire family cruise can't happen unless they allow a handful of exemptions. 

Why would the entire family need an exemption?  All but the compromised person should have to show proof of vaccination.  

30 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Why would the entire family need an exemption?  All but the compromised person should have to show proof of vaccination.  

Yes, of course. The whole family would be vaccinated except the one person who needed the exemption. But if that person couldn't get an exemption, then the family cruise would have to be cancelled unless they wanted to go without her. When I plan a trip with someone, it's usually to go with them. I wouldn't go if they couldn't.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bigrednole said:

Cruise lines are pretty clear that cruising won't happen in the US with the CDC's reign. NCL's CEO was pretty clear that they will have to leave the US with the CDC as it is now and I don't blame them.

9 hours ago, evandbob said:

NCL's del Rio was even clearer that they won't cruise from Florida because of the Gov's decree that businesses can't mandate proof of vaccination.

All due credit to the Florida legislature and governor. 

9 hours ago, CPT Trips said:

All due credit to the Florida legislature and governor. 

Not fully disagreeing with you. The first hurdle is the CDC and that comes on Wednesday. If the CSO does have an injunction, then the next step is the legislation. I think that is less of a hurdle though. They can write an amendment to it to allow cruise lines to ask for vaccine information. If not, they can watch the entire fleet move to NY, Baltimore, NOLA, and Galveston, and other places. It would be the most stupid thing to win the FL case against the CDC and then lose the cruise industry.

Edited by bigrednole

14 minutes ago, K32682 said:

I'll cruise again when I can cruise mostly as I did before. Vaccinations and masks I'm fine with but if cruise-line only excursions are required then forget it. 

Cruise-line-only excursions are certainly a deal breaker,  I am on the fence about masks - and would want a pressing reason (such as getting home from Europe or some truly rare and wonderful itinerary) to justify.  A vaccination requirement would actually be a real plus - because that would elevate the intelligence level of the on-board demographic.

• Like 1