When, where and on what ship is your next South Pacific cruise?

Petoonya

12 minutes ago, cruisinggalcanada said:

Hi Canadian Bear:  I see you did this cruise last year.  I'm thinking of doing a similar cruise of 51 days and was wondering if this is too long?  Alot of sea days, did you like that?  I assume you did the crossing from LA.  Any recommendations?  We are looking at Holland America leaving San Diego for 51 days.  Curious if the seas will be rough in Oct/Nov.  Any help would be appreciated.

Unfortunately we had to cancel the 50 day South Pacific cruise which was leaving from Vancouver or San Diego.     

29 minutes ago, cruisinggalcanada said:

Hi Canadian Bear:  I see you did this cruise last year.  I'm thinking of doing a similar cruise of 51 days and was wondering if this is too long?  Alot of sea days, did you like that?  I assume you did the crossing from LA.  Any recommendations?  We are looking at Holland America leaving San Diego for 51 days.  Curious if the seas will be rough in Oct/Nov.  Any help would be appreciated.

Keep in mind some islands in French Polynesia are considering size restrictions on ships. Not sure on the timing as the talk is it will be done in phases but eventually they are talking about is to eliminate ships larger than 1000 passengers from visiting some islands. Ships larger than 1000 will likely be held to the islands of Raiatea, Tahiti and Moorea. I would do some searching to see forums/post that might give some more details on this issue.

While this is being sorted out just imagine a ship with 1500 - 2500 passengers visiting an island with less that 1000 population. Not many will see or enjoy an excursion on an island with that amount of infrastructure . 

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
25 minutes ago, danogg said:

Holland America Koningsdam 35-night Hawaii/Tahiti cruise in Feb. 2025…super excited!

IMO  .... way to big of a ship for a sparsely populated island like Fakarava ...

Nit fair to the passengers nor other visitors enjoying the tranquility of the island. Not fair to the passengers as there is not enough infrastructure to facilitate this large of a ship. Only 800 plus inhabitants ... but for smaller ships. More the islands are starting to come down on the larger ships ...

Again  ... in my humble but knowledgeable opinion.

Oceania Nautica Jan. 20-30, 2024. Our 50th Wedding Anniversary.  Hopefully, you won’t hear “man overboard!”  Looking forward to blue skies, clear water and palm trees (as unlike Michigan in January as possible!).

I guess it's about time to post my upcoming cruise, since our final payment date is upon us! I'll be on the Nov. 4 Paul Gauguin 10-day Society-Tuomotus cruise. This will be my third PG cruise. Can't wait to get back to FP!

23 minutes ago, Leejnd4 said:

I guess it's about time to post my upcoming cruise, since our final payment date is upon us! I'll be on the Nov. 4 Paul Gauguin 10-day Society-Tuomotus cruise. This will be my third PG cruise. Can't wait to get back to FP!

If your talking about 2023 it's November 8th 😉

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

If your talking about 2023 it's November 8th 😉

LOL you're right! We're arriving in Tahiti on November 4, spending a few nights in an AirBnb. So I got my dates mixed up. Thanks for pointing out my error!

Edited by Leejnd4

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We booked an Azamara cruise around New Zealand departing Auckland 1.20.2025. My DH has now decided we should add on some of the South Pacific so we found a Windstar cruise departing 1.2.205 from Tahiti to Fiji to Auckland prior to the Azamara cruise!

We've never been to this part of the world and are pretty excited about it. Of course I'm not a big snorkeler but hopefully that will change prior to these two cruises. 

I will be looking to figure out the best flights back and forth plus a couple nights stay prior to departing Tahiti and afterwards in Auckland.

January 10, 2024 on the Regent Navigator, Sydney to Tahiti including New Caledonia, Fiji, Vanuatu, Apia, Pago Pago, Samoa, Bora Bora, Raitiea, Moorea, Pappete. Our 10th trip to Tahiti looking forward to visiting the rest of the South Pacific Islands. 

Edited by macbest

Two nights in Honolulu to break up the long flight to Sydney from East coast, 3 nights in Sydney then March 10th on Oceania Regatta, Sydney to Papeete. 4 nights in Overwater bungalow at Hilton Moorea after the cruise. Few hours in Hilton Papeete before late flight to LAX. It is going to be a long tiring trip. Starting to question myself why I went for it.

• 2 months later...