Guest speakers

Fishgirl01

34 minutes ago, Fishgirl01 said:

Has anyone heard if their are going to be any guest speakers on the Iona summer cruises, and who they might be.  Princess cruises have released the program with some interesting speakers.

I got the e-mail from Princess so I have messaged P&O and ask them the question but don't expect an answer as even in normal times its not easy to find out which entertainers/lecturers are onboard. We nearly went with Princess

1 hour ago, Fishgirl01 said:

Has anyone heard if their are going to be any guest speakers on the Iona summer cruises, and who they might be.  Princess cruises have released the program with some interesting speakers.

Dont think they have released their full programme of speakers on Princess because the e-mail I have received they are all on 3/4nt cruises and none on 7nt and cannot believe they wont have speakers on 7nt cruise.

Would be great if we had some speakers with it being sea days.  A few years ago we were on Cunard and one of the speakers was a retired cricketer, ( I am not a sports fan ) but he was brilliant, so funny and hugely entertaining. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Fishgirl01 said:

Would be great if we had some speakers with it being sea days.  A few years ago we were on Cunard and one of the speakers was a retired cricketer, ( I am not a sports fan ) but he was brilliant, so funny and hugely entertaining. 

Most P&O cruises have speakers on sea days, I think the odd short break doesn’t have one but for these stay on board cruises you would think they would.

54 minutes ago, Fishgirl01 said:

Listened to many speakers on Cunard who initially thought wouldnt be very interesting but ended up being very enjoyable.

4 hours ago, Fishgirl01 said:

We heard David Gower speak on a Cunard cruise and are disappointed that our 4 night Princess seacation doesn't seem to have a guest speaker.I also really enjoyed a speaker who used to play for Liverpool F C in the 1970's , though I am not a sports fan.Good speakers can make most topics seem interesting

2 minutes ago, ann141 said:

I also really enjoyed a speaker who used to play for Liverpool F C in the 1970's , though I am not a sports fan.Good speakers can make most topics seem interesting

We saw speaker; David Fairclough on one of our cruises, he played for Liverpool and was very good, may have been same guy?

Image result for super sub david fairclough

2 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We saw speaker; David Fairclough on one of our cruises, he played for Liverpool and was very good, may have been same guy?

Image result for super sub david fairclough

Yes.It was him.I didn't go along to his first talk but my hubby said how good a speaker he was so I went along to the remainder of his talks

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2021 at 12:31 PM, Fishgirl01 said:

I think Zap's gonna work his passage with "The life and times of Gary".Seriously though a lot of these guys do work their passage.On Aurora on a worldie segment from Dubai to Singapore Robin Knox Johnston was very good and prior to us boarding a famous BBC newsguy done a few lectures (forgot his name).His son lived in Dubai.Saw his lectures on the cabin tv,a bit near the mark with Dubai Royals,lol.

• Haha 1

Lionel Blair was on our one and only Artemis cruise.

He did a couple of talks/shows where he talked about his career and anecdotes about showbiz.  Interspersed with a routine here and there.  He was great.  He did a dance lesson as well.

Think I would have preferred listening to Robin Knox-Johnston though!

Edited by Son of Anarchy

On 4/19/2021 at 7:09 PM, Son of Anarchy said:

Lionel Blair was on our one and only Artemis cruise.

He did a couple of talks/shows where he talked about his career and anecdotes about showbiz.  Interspersed with a routine here and there.  He was great.  He did a dance lesson as well.

Think I would have preferred listening to Robin Knox-Johnston though!

So would I, but I imagine Lionel Blair is a better dancer.

• Like 1