Sailing on a chartered theme cruise while not being part of the charter group?

27 minutes ago, Ocean Cat said:

How do you find out if your cruise is chartered?

You can google your ship and date with the words "group" and "charter" to catch some. There used to be a theme cruise finder site that helped. This link shows a partial list of full ship charters, but hopefully you'd be cancelled before seeing yours listed on there! Otherwise, surprise!

https://www.cruisetimetables.com/full-cruise-ship-charters.html

4 hours ago, Jenna said:

Gosh, I'm so curious to know who this "religious group" is. I'm originally from NY so I have a guess from the descriptions of their behavior, but they don't strike me as the type of person you would see on a cruise. Hmmmm🤔🤔

There are old posts about this group on the NCL board that would shock you.  They have been banned from both NCL and Carnival.

I was on board Queen Mary 2 when a huge group of Amish people where sailing to Europe to learn of the ancestry. Very interessting to watch- and the were all day in full regalia! Even talked to some- so they did not disturb the others in the least.

I was on Allure when they had a large group aboard. On a sunny Caribbean sea day the closed the solarium at three in the afternoon and kicked everyone out for a group function. That was ridiculous and I put the blame directly on the ship's management. Aside from that I've never really been affected by a group on board a ship.

We were on the Allure at the same time an Elvis impersonators charter group cruised.  It was really quite fun to see the impersonators around the ship.  They did a concert in the Aqua Theater.  Couldn't go in if not part of the group, but we had a Boardwalk Balcony, so actually saw it.  Funniest experience was when one of the impersonators dressed in an Elvis' Hawaiian outfit was on an elevator I was on.  He got off, and of course someone in the elevator said...Elvis has left the building.  🤣  He was actually the best impersonator of the bunch at the Aqua Theater concert.

Edited by denamo

11 hours ago, Zippeedee said:

There are old posts about this group on the NCL board that would shock you.  They have been banned from both NCL and Carnival.

Not sure if this is the company you are referring to, but Kosherica has a charter on the Norwegian Epic on Dec. 5th, 2021 among others. I definitely don’t want to be on a cruise where locations are blocked off that would normally be available to all passengers.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Not sure if this is the company you are referring to, but Kosherica has a charter on the Norwegian Epic on Dec. 5th, 2021 among others. I definitely don’t want to be on a cruise where locations are blocked off that would normally be available to all passengers.

Looks like most of their cruises are on NCL for the next year.  Past posts showed some negative behavior during some of their charters. We changed one of our reservations to avoid it - no need to risk having a stressful cruise. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

No. They are a decent group of people. The other group was a horror show. I’ll never forget the post by a woman who had her cross pendant spat on by a teen. Food fights in the buffet, just a nightmare.

My wife and I found out when we got on Harmony that there was a partial charter for children with disabilities. It was a mixed treat. We admired their spirit and enthusiasm. They were for the most part a very sweet and happy bunch. The real issue was with ourselves. Sometimes you would see them and your heart would just melt for them. Over all it was a positive experience and only a few times were there any blocked areas. I'd sail with them anytime.

On the subject of Gilligan's Island. I loved Ginger whose name is Tina Louise. My wife of 42 years has a first and middle name that happens to be Tina Louise.  Coincidence? I think not!  🙂

• Like 1