Port of Galveston welcomes Carnival ships and crew back May 2, 2021

BSocial

4 hours ago, mondello said:

Umm, today is the 25th and the meeting isn't until the 27th. Did you slip this slide into the upcoming presentation?

Seriously!  The meeting agenda is always posted online in advance. 

https://www.portofgalveston.com/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Agenda/_04272021-394?html=true

look at the port directors report .pdf in section C.3

The slide I posted was the last slide in Port Directors report.  

Edited by BSocial
Correction section C3

3 minutes ago, BSocial said:

Seriously!  The meeting agenda is always posted online in advance. 

ink didn’t attach .....

look at the port directors report .pdf in section 3.C.    The slide I posted was the last slide in Port Directors report.  

https://www.portofgalveston.com/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Item/4175?fileID=6545

• Thanks 1

I'd have liked to see something about the rcl terminal 3 that should have been started april 1st 2021 and not yet any sign of activity.

I'm booked on allure dec 2022 and it's supposed to be complete by nov 2022. I will be unhappy with yet another sideways move to liberty with no obc or incentive. Good price for allure, not so much for liberty. Rcl said top of its list and for sure they were going to do it this time.

Right now carnival disney and rcl share 2 piers. It would give all 3 their own pier.

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'd have liked to see something about the rcl terminal 3 that should have been started april 1st 2021 and not yet any sign of activity.

I'm booked on allure dec 2022 and it's supposed to be complete by nov 2022. I will be unhappy with yet another sideways move to liberty with no obc or incentive. Good price for allure, not so much for liberty. Rcl said top of its list and for sure they were going to do it this time.

Right now carnival disney and rcl share 2 piers. It would give all 3 their own pier.

Hey Fire i agree on pricing for Allure is great

but Since Texas has been working on 45, south of Houston, for the whole time we were there and years prior. I wouldnt hold my breath for construction to be done on time

18 minutes ago, jonbgd said:

Hey Fire i agree on pricing for Allure is great

but Since Texas has been working on 45, south of Houston, for the whole time we were there and years prior. I wouldnt hold my breath for construction to be done on time

I've already been moved once for my b2b march 2022 which was supposed to be allure. To allure. I'm going to be down right unhappy if it happens again. Rcl put it off until april 2021. Lots of posts on rcl calls asking locals if they see signs of starting.

It shouldn't be same crew doing the new terminal as i45.

44 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

@firefly333, Some slides regarding RCL Terminal also.   Look at Port Director’s  report.  It says due diligence period is now waived, and is a hard contract.  But,  section F11 in the main itinerary mentions vote on another amendment to RCL ground lease completion dates. 

https://www.portofgalveston.com/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Agenda/_04272021-394?html=true

since this is the Carnival forum, I only posted about the return of the Carnival ships here.  

Edited by BSocial
  • Thanks 1

I did check the site before I posted; saw announcement of the meeting but, no slides. They just mentioned to sign up to watch the meeting live.

The only thing I can think of is that I've seen mention that crew would be used on the test cruises. Don't know why else they'd be rounding up crew if they're not cruising.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mondello said:

I did check the site before I posted; saw announcement of the meeting but, no slides. They just mentioned to sign up to watch the meeting live.

The only thing I can think of is that I've seen mention that crew would be used on the test cruises. Don't know why else they'd be rounding up crew if they're not cruising.

you have to go to the agenda center, and choose the meeting agenda link.  Then, they use embedded links in the agenda for the meeting, to open the slides. 

yes, I was curious for how long the 2 ships will be there. 

Edited by BSocial
Added

YAY!!! As soon as we see them actually sail, we're going to book something for this fall. Fingers, toes and everything else crossed. Sending GOOD VIBES to the cruise industry. We vacation everywhere but cruising is our FAV!!!

We were in Galveston this afternoon and both the Vista and the Breeze were at sea, probably may not return until the 2nd round of crew vaccinations at UTMB in 3 or 4 weeks.

3 hours ago, dan4182 said:

We were in Galveston this afternoon and both the Vista and the Breeze were at sea, probably may not return until the 2nd round of crew vaccinations at UTMB in 3 or 4 weeks.

Yes, they are "in the parking lot" out in the Gulf.

Carnival Sensation is headed to Galveston and should be docking May 11, 2021. Y'all should come on back down here to see her!