Webinar

Beamafar

Just received the following from MSC UK:

http://static.contactlab.it/spacer.gif
http://static.contactlab.it/img/spacer.gif

Dear Bea

You're officially invited to our members only webinar on 5th May!

Your host will be MSC Cruises UK Managing Director, Antonio Paradiso. We'll be introducing our new flagship, MSC Virtuosa and her new British Isles cruise itineraries. 

Sign up via the form below by the 29th April, and submit your questions about anything regarding our cruises, our ships and our company.  We'll get through as many as possible on the day.
http://static.contactlab.it/spacer.gif
Best regards,

MSC Cruises UK

Any suggestions for questions (be nice, folks!)?

I also had this email. I've asked if they can specify exactly what they require regarding proof of testing and vaccinations and also what insurance details they need for the Virtuosa cruises.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kernow said:

I also had this email. I've asked if they can specify exactly what they require regarding proof of testing and vaccinations and also what insurance details they need for the Virtuosa cruises.

I submitted the same questions. And hopefully they've dropped the requirement to print two copies of the test result - it's gone from the main text, but is still in the FAQ text. 

Have they said anywhere what time the webinar is? I've read and re-read the invite but can't spot it. 

For the past and near Italian sailings MSC requires Schengen passengers purchase MSC's (or provide proof of a personal) COVID insurance plan which in part covers the monetary loss of missing the entire cruise or portion of the cruise due to being denied boarding or re-boarding at a port.  Or those disembarked due to becoming sick while on the ship or deemed too close to someone who becomes sick on the the ship.

On the UK site I don't see any insurance option during booking Virtuosa, nor even for the May Grandiosa and Seaside sailings.  The MSC UK FAQ only states if denied boarding or disembarked you will be "assisted" in the steps of your return home or be treated in a local medical facility.  Therefore I also doubt MSC would cover any cost involved from getting back to your home.  So for the UK sailings I assume it's up to each individual to purchase their own insurance to cover those possible losses?

One other question would be are passports required for the UK only sailings?

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Até said:

For the past and near Italian sailings MSC requires Schengen passengers purchase MSC's (or provide proof of a personal) COVID insurance plan ....  So for the UK sailings I assume it's up to each individual to purchase their own insurance to cover those possible losses?

There's a longer insurance thread going where others have spoken to MSC and been told they're developing a UK equivalent of that offer - although I haven't seen it available yet. Posters in the thread have also come up with several good alternatives too. 

Good question about the passport. Possibly for use as ID rather than a travel document? 

35 minutes ago, Até said:

For the past and near Italian sailings MSC requires Schengen passengers purchase MSC's (or provide proof of a personal) COVID insurance plan which in part covers the monetary loss of missing the entire cruise or portion of the cruise due to being denied boarding or re-boarding at a port.  Or those disembarked due to becoming sick while on the ship or deemed too close to someone who becomes sick on the the ship.

On the UK site I don't see any insurance option during booking Virtuosa, nor even for the May Grandiosa and Seaside sailings.  The MSC UK FAQ only states if denied boarding or disembarked you will be "assisted" in the steps of your return home or be treated in a local medical facility.  Therefore I also doubt MSC would cover any cost involved from getting back to your home.  So for the UK sailings I assume it's up to each individual to purchase their own insurance to cover those possible losses?

When we booked the cruise we were told that they wanted to see proof of insurance before boarding. They haven't said exactly what cover they require though!

5 hours ago, Até said:

Passports are required because you are leaving land as you do for flights.

2 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

You're still special to the rest of us though (well Ok I'd probably stamp on your head to reach a free bar but you get the idea)

Perfectly acceptable 🤣 🥂

DH often says I'm special but I strongly suspect its not intended as a compliment 🤔😂

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kernow said:

Yes, still watching, they are now covering the proof required to board. NHS lateral flow tests are allowed.

And, despite him saying he's not supposed to say it, Antonio has said the LFTs are free 😆

Kettles will be provided in cabins for the UK sailings.  There'll be black pudding available, plus Sunday roast with gravy and Yorkshire puds.

• Like 2

There will be 2 Hotel Directors, one being British and the other American.  The number of announcements will be reduced and will be in English only.  The currency onboard will be Sterling;  the included all-inclusive drinks package will cover drinks up to £10.

Capacity onboard will be 75-80% occupancy - 1000 pax onboard.

Edited by Beamafar

The first four mini sailings will be classed as maiden voyages so will have special treats onboard.

Bars will closer earlier than usual.

Measures in place will be re-assessed for sailings from June.

Edited by Beamafar
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Eeek, please noooooooooo!

Your lot may have a problem with proving you've been vaccinated, apparently.  No problems for the English and Welsh! 😏 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

You will only be allowed off the ship if you're on an MSC excursion.

He's now finished answering questions.

Bea ... Was that for All sailings or until restrictions are lifted in June ?