Diversified Portfolio of Itineraries and Deployments, April 27

DeeDee Groff

While it may be a "snooze" to some, I found the commentary on Cruise Industry News by Paul Grigsby, HAL Vice President of Revenue Planning and Analytics, very interesting, and I hope that some of you will as well.  As technology challenged as I am, the best I can do to source Mr. Grigsby's comments is to share the website on which I found them:  www.cruiseindustynews.com

Thank you, Kirk, for supplying the link to my "Bureau Veritas (BV)" posting on Monday so that others may find it easily! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DeeDee Groff said:

While it may be a "snooze" to some, I found the commentary on Cruise Industry News by Paul Grigsby, HAL Vice President of Revenue Planning and Analytics, very interesting, and I hope that some of you will as well.  As technology challenged as I am, the best I can do to source Mr. Grigsby's comments is to share the website on which I found them:  www.cruiseindustynews.com

Thank you, Kirk, for supplying the link to my "Bureau Veritas (BV)" posting on Monday so that others may find it easily! 

Could not find it, found out there is in "R" missing in your listed website, just saying....

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24775-holland-america-diversified-portfolio-of-itineraries-and-deployment.html will get you there.

Edited by Alphen
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, DeeDee Groff said:

Very interesting.  HAL's unique itineraries drew me to it in the first place.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Alphen said:

Could not find it, found out there is in "R" missing in your listed website, just saying....

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24775-holland-america-diversified-portfolio-of-itineraries-and-deployment.html will get you there.

Thanks for the link .

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

I'm pleased to hear they are well aware that Volendam/Zaandam can reach several ports that the remainder of the fleet can't. Hopefully, this means they will stay for some years. Still think the Amsterdam with more suites should have stayed. 

I will be confident in their direction when I see them order a new ship in the under 1500 pax category

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DeeDee Groff said:

Thanks for the link we are on the Volendam for this -

The Volendam will offer “boutique” 14-day sailings including the new “Capitals” cruise offering access to Dublin, London, Paris and Antwerp with two overnights. 

“Because of the ship’s smaller size, we are able to sail up the Seine River all the way to Rouen.  We also call at Bristol (Bath), England and highly rated Bordeaux,” Grigsby explained.

10 minutes ago, Suslor said:

Thanks for the link we are on the Volendam for this -

The Volendam will offer “boutique” 14-day sailings including the new “Capitals” cruise offering access to Dublin, London, Paris and Antwerp with two overnights. 

“Because of the ship’s smaller size, we are able to sail up the Seine River all the way to Rouen.  We also call at Bristol (Bath), England and highly rated Bordeaux,” Grigsby explained.

These itineraries sound great to us too. Currently, the lines that sail up the river to Bordeaux, instead of docking 90 minutes away (and also dock in Rouen) are Azamara and Oceania. I'd really like to save a little money by cruising with HAL. We've enjoyed our cruises on the Zaandam and the Veendam (sadly sold), and would be happy if HAL would hang onto Z and Volendam for the small ports that the other ships in the fleet can't visit. And HAL, if you're listening, please have lecturers who know the itinerary's ports and countries, which Azamara and Oceania offer. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, cruisingrob21 said:

HAL also offered the only mass market itineraries that could go to Montreal.

And we did the Boston to Montreal cruise in 2018. We stayed a few days afterwards in Montreal, a truly fine experience. Since we did a land trip to Peru for our 2019 vacation and our 2020 cruise like everyone else was cancelled, that at the moment is out last cruise experience.