Unvaccinated cruises out of FL - DeSantis signs in to law “no vaccine passports”

Do true conservatives "fight" against state requirement for small pox vaccinations? seems anyone/server/cashier/teacher etc who contacts the public needs to be vaccinated.
maybe a private club ok for no vax - they will then die

4 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

Do true conservatives "fight" against state requirement for small pox vaccinations? seems anyone/server/cashier/teacher etc who contacts the public needs to be vaccinated.

What's a "true conservative," Laszlo? What does that mean in the first place?

1 hour ago, RunBikeCruiseDC said:

exactly how we feel, we're  fine sailing out of other ports. hopefully we will have more options besides FL soon.  We like cruising out of New York but closer to home would be even more ideal. C'mon Baltimore or Norfolk, pick up some NCL ships!

There are plenty of Florida residents, me included, who love living in Florida for the ease of driving to the cruise ports. 

19 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

Another thread about to be totally lost to the P BS.  Please would everyone use some self control.  If you're interest in P, run for office.

4 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

You tell me, are their anymore? Lol

I guess it depends on your definition. 😁 Politics has a way of changing over the years. By today's standards, Reagan would be too liberal for Republicans and JFK too conservative for Democrats. 😂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Laszlo said:

Many conservatives have forgotten this point entirely!! Just like a restaurant. If a private business requires you to wear a mask, then as a true conservative you should support their right to do that. You also have the right to not visit that business.

Because several "right" media outlets have made it about "freedom".  They kick and scream they are free not to wear a mask and cant be forced to do so.  TRUE.  But then they enter a private business/private property and say "This is my freedom you cant tell me what to do"

Its laughable but that is the argument these days.

Thankfully REAL freedom is not allowing these people to enter your property if they dont want to follow your rules🤨

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Because several "right" media outlets have made it about "freedom".  They kick and scream they are free not to wear a mask and cant be forced to do so.  TRUE.  But then they enter a private business/private property and say "This is my freedom you cant tell me what to do"

Thankfully REAL freedom is not allowing these people to enter your property if they dont want to follow your rules🤨

It's really sad that so many have no self control to leave politics out of every thread on a cruising social media platform, and then continue to push the irritation to try to bait a response.  Geeze.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

That isn't just the right, David. I know plenty of people on the so-called Left who say they can wear t-shirts with foul language on them and then scream "my RIGHTS" when a restaurant owner tells them they have to leave. And, for what it's worth, entering a private business doesn't allow the business owner to do anything he pleases. I'm sure you know this. I think this issue is WAY more complicated than Right vs Left. I happen to have some very liberal friends who are uncomfortable with people's personal health statistics being used to discriminate against them by private businesses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just imagine the first outbreak of non vaccinated people who have Covid and now Miami doesn't want them to get off the ship :rofl:. I seem remember that happening last spring.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

It's really sad that so many have no self control to leave politics out of every thread on a cruising social media platform, and then continue to push the irritation to try to bait a response.  Geeze.

@david_sobe has a penchant for going on political tirades for some reason. I don't know why, maybe he's frustrated because he lives in a Red State. I'm a conservative who lives in very Blue NoVa so I sort of understand his predicament.

1 minute ago, Laszlo said:

Just imagine the first outbreak of non vaccinated people who have Covid and now Miami doesn't want them to get off the ship :rofl:. I seem remember that happening last spring.

Yes, before vaccinations, CDC guidelines and thousands of people safely cruising since then. I doubt anybody would take me up on it, but I'd put money on there never being another outbreak like last spring again. Too much has been learned in the meantime.

1 minute ago, DCGuy64 said:

Yes, before vaccinations, CDC guidelines and thousands of people safely cruising since then. I doubt anybody would take me up on it, but I'd put money on there never being another outbreak like last spring again. Too much has been learned in the meantime.

Their won't if everyone sails vaccinated 🤣

You all have great weekend I'm out of here

18 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

Agreed. You are right, they can’t control themselves. 

2 hours ago, Laszlo said:

There hasn't been any requirement for small pox vaccine since 1972. In my pandemic cleaning, I tossed my certificate from 1971. There are large and increasing numbers of anti-vaxers, both for religious reasons and personal preference. We had a large outbreak of measles among the Ohio Amish  a few years ago. They usually don't vaccinate, but they set up vaccination clinics when that happened.
None of that matters when it comes to this, or any other vaccine when we are talking about NCL cruises. Some of the US river cruises could certainly sail, but if the DHS reqluires proof of vaccination to re-enter the country, NCL will not let anyone on their ship that can't return, just like they require the right documents like passport for embarking.

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

That isn't just the right, David. I know plenty of people on the so-called Left who say they can wear t-shirts with foul language on them and then scream "my RIGHTS" when a restaurant owner tells them they have to leave. And, for what it's worth, entering a private business doesn't allow the business owner to do anything he pleases. I'm sure you know this. I think this issue is WAY more complicated than Right vs Left. I happen to have some very liberal friends who are uncomfortable with people's personal health statistics being used to discriminate against them by private businesses.

A business owner can certainly tell a person with a foul T Shirt to leave or forbid them entry.  I am not the one making it a right vs left issue. You cant tag me with that.  The anti mask and anti vaccine people seem to be of one side of the political equation these days.  Its only on right media and right wing talking heads.  I dont think you can deny that.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

I am not the one making it a right vs left issue.

Oh really, then who said this?

2 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Its only on right media and right wing talking heads

LOL. You walked right into that one, buddy.

• Like 2

A private enterprise should be able to accomadate whom ever they want, It's not a public entity. The government, state or federal, has no business telling someone they can't ask if the customer has been vaccinated or not to be able to do business. If NCL or other cruise lines pull out of Florida and Texas, the states have no one to blame except their governors. I feel sorry for the people employed either directly or indirectly with the cruise industry in those sates.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, PuraVida3000 said:

This is the real story.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is allowing cruise ships to resume operations this summer, but Norwegian Cruise Line CEO Frank Del Rio says that will be unlikely given the agency's tough requirements.

"I seriously doubt we will be able to stand up a vessel out of a U.S. port in July. August is also in jeopardy and it's all because of the disjointed guidelines from the CDC," Norwegian Cruise Line CEO Frank Del Rio said on CNBC's Closing Bell. "What we received yesterday was anything but a clear path to restarting."

The media takes this and runs with “DeSantis Prevents Cruising From Florida”.

Typical. John Lennon said,”Just Give Me Some Truth”.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, david_sobe said:

A true conservative lets private businesses run businesses the way they want to.  If a cruising company wants to protect workers and require a vaccine for measles or covid, that's their right.  If a cruise company wants to allow no vaccines, that's their right.  Customers can decide what is right for them.  To punish a cruise line to make a political point is wrong especially since we are so close to start cruising again.

Its my ship, I pay your port fees and taxes, let me allow who I want on board.

Amen!

• Like 2

Not a political thing in my estimation.  

You want to cruise on NCL?  Vaccine required, just like being relatively “well” and not having any gastro intestinal issues or respiratory issues when you board is a requirement.  Why this is a “thing” befuddles me.  It’s a shame that NCL has to go through the steps of testing for fevers and COVID because passengers don’t take the responsibility to have themselves tested and vaccinated.  It’s like NCL is dealing with a ship full of children.

The flip side is, no vaccine?  NO NCL cruise for you.  Pretty simple.  No need to be childish about it.

The nay-sayers about the COVID vaccine, and those who would try to circumvent vaccine proof are just that, irresponsible children (regardless of their status because of age).  Their politics aren’t of concern to me nor NCL.  Where they fall in the political spectrum doesn’t matter.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

On 5/3/2021 at 5:27 PM, Named-Tawny said:

Airlines and cruise ships are both in a tight situation if Florida were to enforce a 'no vaccine checking' requirement.  Both are under international obligations to only allow passengers who will be able to complete the trip on board.  So checking passports, visa and, in many cases, vaccinations.

Florida telling either that they can't operate unless they put themselves in massive jeopardy, is just going to result in them leaving - it simply isn't worth it to either.

So, who suffers the most damage if the Florida rule is followed and vaccinated pax are allowed on board? Surely not Florida! NCL would likely be liable for who knows how much financial responsibility for damage claims, cruise fare refunds, future cruise certificates, etc! Personally, I support Del Rio's position 100%!

3 minutes ago, Sixtytwo said:

Personally, I support Del Rio's position 100%!

Good to know, since Del Rio's position was aimed squarely at the CDC'S onerous requirements.

The suggestion that Florida was the reason?  That's a media twist aimed directly at DeSantis. 

The Florida rule/law has a very clear exception if the CDC decided to require vaccination.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sixtytwo said:

So, who suffers the most damage if the Florida rule is followed and vaccinated pax are allowed on board? Surely not Florida! NCL would likely be liable for who knows how much financial responsibility for damage claims, cruise fare refunds, future cruise certificates, etc! Personally, I support Del Rio's position 100%!

Did you mean un-vaccinated?