NEW MSC Drink Packages (2021 onwards)

Maikell

1 minute ago, cruisefanatic16 said:

thanks alot I will have look just came from Seashore and took the premium now we are looking for Grandiosa and we are confused which package is best for us

Only well drinks will be included in the new Easy.

The new packages are a sorry lot in comparison to what has been on offer up til now.   Very dumbed down as well as increased prices.   Extremely disappointing, to say the least!  

• 3 months later...
On 9/24/2021 at 9:08 PM, Beamafar said:

Only well drinks will be included in the new Easy.

The new packages are a sorry lot in comparison to what has been on offer up til now.   Very dumbed down as well as increased prices.   Extremely disappointing, to say the least!  

Hey @Beamafar I'm confused - my travel agent confirmed that the easy package includes 'all drinks up to 6 Euros (we're going on the World Europa from Barcelona August 23), yet on the comparison chart, energy drinks are not circled, neither are soda cans (or 1 Litre water for that matter).

Further to that, the kids package (we have kids with us) does say that energy drinks are included in that package

Have you heard anything that clarifies this?

On 7/1/2021 at 9:44 PM, deliver42 said:

When you have the easy, 15% is added to every drink, even though you don't pay for the drink if it's in your package.

This was mentioned a few times last june/july time - is this really the case or was it just a misunderstanding of the Ts and Cs? (or does it depend on cruise region?)

Thanks.

On 1/11/2022 at 4:07 AM, dwade1901 said:

Hey @Beamafar I'm confused - my travel agent confirmed that the easy package includes 'all drinks up to 6 Euros (we're going on the World Europa from Barcelona August 23), yet on the comparison chart, energy drinks are not circled, neither are soda cans (or 1 Litre water for that matter).

Further to that, the kids package (we have kids with us) does say that energy drinks are included in that package

Have you heard anything that clarifies this?

Thanks 🙂

The online published chart does show canned sodas, energy drinks (which are usually in cans) as NOT being included in the Easy Package.  You can get fountain soda.  And there is no limit on how many bottles of water you can get a day, but the smaller bottles will probably not be the same brand as the liters.  Even the beer is limited to draft - no cans other than Heineken 0% (unless that comes in draft, too).

If deciding if / which package to purchase, I would base it on the published info, not on hoping they include cans and liter bottles of water.  

And think 6€ as just pertaining to the cost of cocktails (and house wine).

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, alohayall said:

The online published chart does show canned sodas, energy drinks (which are usually in cans) as NOT being included in the Easy Package.  You can get fountain soda.  And there is no limit on how many bottles of water you can get a day, but the smaller bottles will probably not be the same brand as the liters.  Even the beer is limited to draft - no cans other than Heineken 0% (unless that comes in draft, too).

If deciding if / which package to purchase, I would base it on the published info, not on hoping they include cans and liter bottles of water.  

And think 6€ as just pertaining to the cost of cocktails (and house wine).

Thanks - I suspect your right. I think my Travel Agent just worded the 'all drinks' incorrectly...

I'm wondering if well drinks include different types of Whiskey such as bourbon, scotch; likewise with White Rum and Dark Rum etc...

3 hours ago, dwade1901 said:

Thanks - I suspect your right. I think my Travel Agent just worded the 'all drinks' incorrectly...

I'm wondering if well drinks include different types of Whiskey such as bourbon, scotch; likewise with White Rum and Dark Rum etc...

This screen shot shows examples of the $6 drinks list and the liquor brands.  Not sure about dark rum, but I would guess they have one in the $6 window.

image.thumb.png.a6daf827e4ec1e3fb8a7d65b259e3ba1.png

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, dwade1901 said:

As a former bartender, I can say the basic liquors in a speed rail are: vodka, gin, tequila, rum, and whiskey.

I'm pretty sure MSC adds a brandy to their speed rail list and keeps both American whiskey and a bourbon in the set.

In cases of a distiller making "white" and "dark" products, a "well" drink will almost certainly be made ONLY with the clear liquor.

"White" versions are more versatile and it avoids the hassle of maintaining inventories of two versions of the same entry-level product.

All that said, though, I have a suspicion MSC keeps Cuervo White and Gold in the speed rail, since both versions are very popular, with broad use in drink recipes.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, dwade1901 said:

Based on the menu posted above, it looks like you can get Jim Beam (Bourbon, right?) or any of the base alcohols used in the $/€6 cocktails.  If needed, just ask to leave out the coke, tonic…

• Like 1

10 hours ago, alohayall said:

Based on the menu posted above, it looks like you can get Jim Beam (Bourbon, right?) or any of the base alcohols used in the $/€6 cocktails.  If needed, just ask to leave out the coke, tonic…

Yes.  That menu is useful for telling you what brands they are using for their $6 non-call liquors.  You can also order double shots.

Edited by JAGR
  • Like 1

On 5/12/2021 at 7:30 PM, GStuart said:

Interesting note on this one @Até. I checked my booking for my October 2022 sailing and it shows my Aurea experience as including the "Easy" package. I'll have to keep an eye on this on and see if it changes closer to the sail date. Thanks for the heads up!

I had actually purchased the upgrade to the premium package, as we are Aurea; they refunded my money $365 per person and will not give me the premium package unless I pay $759 per person.

31 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

@Beamafar

Do you know what happened to the Prem Plus-- the package that didnt have bottle limits etc ... Was it eliminated all together? 

Yes, the top package is now Premium Extra limiting you to drinks by the glass with a maximum price of 13.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, hamrag said:

Yes, the top package is now Premium Extra limiting you to drinks by the glass with a maximum price of 13.

TY

Thats unfortunate. The top bev package used to include a lot more

It was an expensive package, yet no limit to cost per glass etc 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I noticed that MSC has Sierra Nevada (bottles) and Lagunitas (draft and bottles) at least at the British pub. Does anyone know if these are included in the Easy Plus package? That, and a few frozen drinks, would be the main reason I would upgrade from the Easy package. If not I'd likely stick with the Easy package and buy a few other drinks in the upper category. Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Geeynots said:

Hello, I noticed that MSC has Sierra Nevada (bottles) and Lagunitas (draft and bottles) at least at the British pub. Does anyone know if these are included in the Easy Plus package? That, and a few frozen drinks, would be the main reason I would upgrade from the Easy package. If not I'd likely stick with the Easy package and buy a few other drinks in the upper category. Thanks in advance!

Yes, they're in the Easy Plus.