Europe 2021 cancelled?

13 hours ago, Pandamonia said:

Maybe for land holidays but it wont happen for cruise ships. 

Already happening.

13 hours ago, Pandamonia said:

Most under 40's wont be fully vaccinated until some time in late august early september and thats UK who are miles ahead of europe. Europe will be lucky to have their over 60's done by then. 

You couldn't be more wrong.  Vaccinations in most parts of germany are opening up to all over 18's

3 hours ago, crazyank said:

Already happening.

You couldn't be more wrong.  Vaccinations in most parts of germany are opening up to all over 18's

Actually Germany have less than 10% of the adult population fully vaccinated.  And only about 30% have had their first jab.

18 hours ago, Pandamonia said:

Maybe for land holidays but it wont happen for cruise ships. 

Most under 40's wont be fully vaccinated until some time in late august early september and thats UK who are miles ahead of europe. Europe will be lucky to have their over 60's done by then. 

The only chance is they do a cruise to nowhere out of rome or barca but that will require a totally new cruise itinerary which will be sold because currently it picks up new guests at both rome and barca in the same week which means spain and italy have to have the same rules on covid and so far europe cant agree on anything.

In Spain, as at yesterday, we have 27.3% vaccinated at least once of that 12% are fully vaccinated.  We are vaccinating over 500,000 per day so we are getting through them now.

https://www.spainenglish.com/2021/05/06/covid-19-vaccinations-in-spain/

I am 58 and am expecting to be called for my first vaccine next week and my second would be 3 weeks later.  By the end of June the 40-50 year olds will be called subject to availability of vaccines.  I would hope that my 22 year old son will be getting his call in late August or September.

There is no reason why cruises in the Med can't open up in September because by then 70% of the population will be fully vaccinated.  NCL have already stated that Epic and Getaway are starting from Barca and Rome in September, I don't see why Harmony of the Seas can't do the same. NCL have agreement from the port authorities already in place.  The itinerary for Harmony of the Seas is very similar to that of the Epic so they will have the same issues regarding port clearance in different countries including islands (although NCL are skipping France and going to an extra Italian port instead: Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy).  The Epic still has pick ups in both Rome and Barcelona.

FYI MSC have been sailing around Italy for many months stopping and picking up in a different port every day plus a day in Malta, there is no need for a cruise to nowhere.

Edited by SpainAlien
Correction
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SpainAlien said:

In Spain, as at yesterday, we have 27.3% vaccinated at least once of that 12% are fully vaccinated.  We are vaccinating over 500,000 per day so we are getting through them now.

https://www.spainenglish.com/2021/05/06/covid-19-vaccinations-in-spain/

I am 58 and am expecting to be called for my first vaccine next week and my second would be 3 weeks later.  By the end of June the 40-50 year olds will be called subject to availability of vaccines.  I would hope that my 22 year old son will be getting his call in late August or September.

There is no reason why cruises in the Med can't open up in September because by then 70% of the population will be fully vaccinated.  NCL have already stated that Epic and Getaway are starting from Barca and Rome in September, I don't see why Harmony of the Seas can't do the same. NCL have agreement from the port authorities already in place.  The itinerary for Harmony of the Seas is very similar to that of the Epic so they will have the same issues regarding port clearance in different countries including islands (although NCL are skipping France and going to an extra Italian port instead: Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy).  The Epic still has pick ups in both Rome and Barcelona.

FYI MSC have been sailing around Italy for many months stopping and picking up in a different port every day plus a day in Malta, there is no need for a cruise to nowhere.

Exactly, the Harmony is already floating around the Med.  No reason why they cant do a Fall Season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pandamonia said:

£100 says Harmony doesnt sail in July or August in the Med on current cruises

I agree I don't think July or August have much chance but by September they should be good to go.

3 hours ago, Pandamonia said:

Lol no they arent.

Announced today,  anybody in Germany 18 years or older can get vaccinated with Astra-Zeneca. All that is necessary is to make an appointment.

4 minutes ago, crazyank said:

Announced today,  anybody in Germany 18 years or older can get vaccinated with Astra-Zeneca. All that is necessary is to make an appointment.

Lol just because they open it up to everyone doesnt mean everyone is getting vaccinated.  Its going to take many months to get even 1 dose let alone 2.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pandamonia said:

Lol just because they open it up to everyone doesnt mean everyone is getting vaccinated.  Its going to take many months to get even 1 dose let alone 2.

Okay, believe whatever you want.  I'm not gonna waste anymore time debating you

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crazyank said:

Okay, believe whatever you want.  I'm not gonna waste anymore time debating you

I can believe what i want because the data supports the facts.

Germany has 30% or so with 1 dose. 1 Dose means nothing when it comes to freedom. 

10% have 2 doses and the problem when you get to a certain point there are not enough doses for the first vaccines due to the second dose coming due. So anyone under 40 starts to wait longer then you think which is where im at. 

So Germany has 70% left for 1 dose and 90% left for 2nd dose which is what 80 million total adults? So 130 million or so doses left to give out to adults. 

So barring no other issues there is 260 days left at 500k per day (which is never sustained at that rate anyway) 9 months lol.

19 hours ago, crazyank said:

Better if you try to get the full story rather than take one soundbite of it.  It's not really hard to find out how many people have been vaccinated in Germany if you really wanted to look.

Guest BigRoger

I’m not sure I understand what the real ‘debate’ is here.... bottom line is simple we all want to cruise that’s why we are on here... if you just want to moan... why be on here? malcontent ‘ray of sunshine’ stuff.... (again.....)... is not helping anyone... I guess it’s simply all about feasibility... if RC can sail they will... and we’ll be there... if they can’t they won’t.... and we won’t either..... until they can... 

My final payment is due next week for a July Cruise leaving from Barcelona.

I just went onto the RC website to see if there was any notifications on it.

It doesnt say anything yet, but ...

Even though it has the cruise details on it, one thing I did notice is that there is no link anywhere to pay the final payment anymore.

Also under amount due it now says €0.00.  Two weeks ago that said €3590.

So I went and tried to buy the coffee card as its only €28 just to see what happened,  and it wouldnt complete the order.

That together with being told before that there is going to be an announcement about cancelled cruises in Europe this week by RC, is adding up to me being even more sure now that we are cancelled already but just have not been told. 

Really it would be just politeness on RCs part if they would just announce these things sooner rather than later, so they have time to make alternative plans for their holidays.

3 hours ago, Daithi2021 said:

Better if you try to get the full story rather than take one soundbite of it.  It's not really hard to find out how many people have been vaccinated in Germany if you really wanted to look.

Watch any german news channel for the full story

1 hour ago, Daithi2021 said:

My final payment is due next week for a July Cruise leaving from Barcelona.

I just went onto the RC website to see if there was any notifications on it.

It doesnt say anything yet, but ...

Even though it has the cruise details on it, one thing I did notice is that there is no link anywhere to pay the final payment anymore.

Also under amount due it now says €0.00.  Two weeks ago that said €3590.

So I went and tried to buy the coffee card as its only €28 just to see what happened,  and it wouldnt complete the order.

That together with being told before that there is going to be an announcement about cancelled cruises in Europe this week by RC, is adding up to me being even more sure now that we are cancelled already but just have not been told. 

Really it would be just politeness on RCs part if they would just announce these things sooner rather than later, so they have time to make alternative plans for their holidays.

Royal looks like they will take my final payment for 25th July cruise.  Still says £1706 and add a credit card number.

5 hours ago, Heymarco said:

US did about 170 million in 100 days. Your model fails to consider that not everyone will voluntarily get vaccinated and rates will go up as more doses become available. Think mass vaccination sites etc. Germany is traditionally more efficient than US. 😉

Thank you! 

21 minutes ago, crazyank said:

Watch any german news channel for the full story

So what is the full story then?  Have they suddenly gone from 10% of adults fully vaccinated to 90% overnight.  Or have they just decided to open up vaccinations to younger age groups as well as older but still have many months to go for the population to be vaccinated.  

14 minutes ago, crazyank said:

Thank you! 

The US has one of the biggest vaccine manufacturing facilities in the world and spends more on healthcare than almost anyone. 

Germany on the other hand doesnt have a single factory that can produce the whole chain and is reliant on sharing doses withe rest of the EU.  

You cannot compare Germany to the USA. 

• Like 1