Europe 2021 cancelled?

10 minutes ago, beardedladies said:

I can see/book Sep/Oct trips on Royal's site just fine for departures from Southampton or Barcelona???

They have been removed from eskimo house website which usually means something is coming. I cant find any Med cruises in 2021 until Nov. 

I dont think they would risk removing them if they were going to sail and lose revenue they proabably desperately need

I would go by Royals site and not a third party site.  Even July  is still available on Royals site.  Not that July is going to sail but stating that the entire season is cancelled because if a third party site is a bit premature. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I would go by Royals site and not a third party site.  Even July  is still available on Royals site.  Not that July is going to sail but stating that the entire season is cancelled because if a third party site is a bit premature. 

Well they knew the 2020 ones were cancelled 1 month before Royal announced it. 

I trust royal less than a street vendor selling gucci handbags. 

It looks like all the TA's ive checked they have gone, at least the harmony ones for 2021

1 minute ago, Pandamonia said:

Well they knew the 2020 ones were cancelled 1 month before Royal announced it. 

I trust royal less than a street vendor selling gucci handbags. 

It looks like all the TA's ive checked they have gone, at least the harmony ones for 2021

I just checked 2 of the large TA’s and they list them. 

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I just checked 2 of the large TA’s and they list them. 

Strange, Id say this means they are getting canned though. You could book with them only a few weeks ago. Harmony still for sale in October on same website. 

There is no way they will happen anyway its kind of a formality at this point. 

1 minute ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Yeah just checked the three digit number website aand its there also the before your 2nd cruise and they on there as well.

So fingers crossed for my late aug med cruise

Not in a million years will they sail.

• Haha 1

July cruises are already PIF. Celebrity still has them available to book. I opted to move my NRD to 2023. They (cruiselines) will wait for final payment before cancelling.

• Like 1

Seems strange that a number of TAs I just checked aren't showing Jewel cruises out of Limassol athough RCCL website is still showing cruises as available. There are many balcony cabins available which is a bit concerning.  I received an invoice today showing a recent change I made to our Sept 18th cruise, it also showed flight timing for the first time.

Edited by suekay

13 minutes ago, Crazy planning mom said:

Why not?  Europe is opening up.   Another possibility is that the ship has already reached capacity.

Or they could be changing itineraries.

They arent opening up to Cruise ships.  Harmony was supposed to visit 3 countries and an island which is never going to happen. Its a logistical nightmare with covid rules. Nobody can even set foot in france without a covid test. No way will they let thousands off a ship to wonder around the port town. 

At best they have some other idea for Harmony but i think they will just send it somewhere else or mothball it until later. 

18 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

They arent opening up to Cruise ships.  Harmony was supposed to visit 3 countries and an island which is never going to happen. Its a logistical nightmare with covid rules. Nobody can even set foot in france without a covid test. No way will they let thousands off a ship to wonder around the port town. 

At best they have some other idea for Harmony but i think they will just send it somewhere else or mothball it until later. 

France is opening to vaccinated tourists June 9th.

https://www.travelandleisure.com/travel-news/european-union-easing-covid-travel-restrictions.

4 minutes ago, Crazy planning mom said:

Maybe for land holidays but it wont happen for cruise ships. 

Most under 40's wont be fully vaccinated until some time in late august early september and thats UK who are miles ahead of europe. Europe will be lucky to have their over 60's done by then. 

The only chance is they do a cruise to nowhere out of rome or barca but that will require a totally new cruise itinerary which will be sold because currently it picks up new guests at both rome and barca in the same week which means spain and italy have to have the same rules on covid and so far europe cant agree on anything.

11 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Royal Site still lists same number available Cruises as yesterday, and day before and day before that. No changes

That doesnt matter really. Royal is last to show it on booking. TA seem to get advanced warning

A lady from the Italian tourist board said in an interview on Sky News this morning that Italy is going to be opening up to international tourism, including UK and US travellers, on the 16th of May.

• Like 1

Aida, TUI, and Silver Seas have all announced that they are sailing in the Med starting in June. Some ports are already open and several countries including Greece, Italy, and France are opening or have already opened ports

13 hours ago, Pandamonia said:

They arent opening up to Cruise ships. 

yes they are, 

13 hours ago, Pandamonia said:

Harmony was supposed to visit 3 countries and an island which is never going to happen. Its a logistical nightmare with covid rules. Nobody can even set foot in france without a covid test. No way will they let thousands off a ship to wonder around the port town. 

I think your crystal ball needs a tune-up