Celebrity website inaccuracies about St. Maarten

rsail203

2 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

The Celebrity website has been updated with new guidelines:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/st-maarten-travel-requirements

So still requires the PCR no more than 72 hours before boarding. I was really hoping that would get dropped. A bit of a hassle for those of us planning to arrive in St. Maarten early. 

10 minutes ago, lhsail said:

So still requires the PCR no more than 72 hours before boarding. I was really hoping that would get dropped. A bit of a hassle for those of us planning to arrive in St. Maarten early. 

That's beyond annoying.  I can totally see it for the non vaccinated kids under 16, but for the rest of us, it's just an annoyance.  Cruise critic reported that vaccinated guests could also opt for an antigen test on boarding instead, but I guess not.

30 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

The Celebrity website has been updated with new guidelines:

It still appears they aren’t reporting the SXM policy correctly. Am I missing something? 

1. Alternatively, travelers originating from the USA and Canada can do an antigen test for the SARS-COV-2 virus obtained from a naso-pharyngeal swab performed within 48 hours prior to departure to Sint Maarten. All FDA approved antigen tests including those with Emergency Use Authorization only (EUA) are accepted. Tests performed outside of the 48 hours period and home tests will not be accepted.
Edited by taxiang

1 minute ago, taxiang said:

It still appears they aren’t reporting the SXM policy correctly. Am I missing something?

1. Alternatively, travelers originating from the USA and Canada can do an antigen test for the SARS-COV-2 virus obtained from a naso-pharyngeal swab performed within 48 hours prior to departure to Sint Maarten. All FDA approved antigen tests including those with Emergency Use Authorization only (EUA) are accepted. Tests performed outside of the 48 hours period and home tests will not be accepted.

Celebrity's policy and the policy of the port country may not align. In this case they are sticking to the 3 day PCR test at boarding. Celebrity wants the PCR test. 

This creates a real dilemma for us flying in from California a day before the cruise.  It means paying a large amount to get a quick turnaround PCR test.  I'm getting very frustrated by the different things coming out of Celebrity.  I understand this is a challenging time, but I expected more from them.

I just got an email from Celebrity which outlines the same information they updated on their website today. At least the two messages are consistent even though the 72 hour testing prior to boarding is a real pain. 

I would like for Celebrity to provide a reason for their 72 hour PCR test requirement. What "science" are they using to make this decision. It's just idiotic!

I'm encouraging our group of six to cancel and rebook a cruise that leaves from the US.

31 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

I just got an email from Celebrity which outlines the same information they updated on their website today. At least the two messages are consistent even though the 72 hour testing prior to boarding is a real pain. 

I'm not convinced this is their final game plan. Things are changing daily. The messaging to the TA's this week was slightly different. The message relayed to TA's the week prior changed almost as soon as it was communicated. Stay tuned.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, taxiang said:

No, it's not you missing something, it's Celebrity. They continue to ignore this option for travelers from the US and Canada.

2 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Celebrity's policy and the policy of the port country may not align. In this case they are sticking to the 3 day PCR test at boarding. Celebrity wants the PCR test. 

What Celebrity requires or boarding and what Sint Maarten requires for entry are two separate issues. If they are going to try to state the island's entry requirements, they should do so fully and accurately.  

3 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

What Celebrity requires or boarding and what Sint Maarten requires for entry are two separate issues. If they are going to try to state the island's entry requirements, they should do so fully and accurately.  

The very first text on that page says "Important information on testing and screening requirements. For full travel requirements to St Maarten click here."  Get on the island however you want. But (as of now) they want they PCR test no more than 72 hours old. And like I said earlier, I would expect this to change again. 

49 minutes ago, seatrial said:

I would like for Celebrity to provide a reason for their 72 hour PCR test requirement. What "science" are they using to make this decision. It's just idiotic!

I'm encouraging our group of six to cancel and rebook a cruise that leaves from the US.

As far as I know, Celebrity is the first major cruise line to get people back to sea in North America (June 5). This is my first time sailing with them and it’s been a headache since the minute I booked, but I’m not giving up. As frustrating as it’s been I’ll pretty much do anything at this point to get back on the water. 

7 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

The very first text on that page says "Important information on testing and screening requirements. For full travel requirements to St Maarten click here."  Get on the island however you want. But (as of now) they want they PCR test no more than 72 hours old. And like I said earlier, I would expect this to change again. 

Agreed, they include the link, but many people may understandably read the false statement lower on the page and assume that it is accurate:

Government regulations require US & Canada visitors to present negative naso-pharyngeal RT-PCR test results taken within 120 hours prior to arrival.

1 hour ago, seatrial said:

I received an email from Celebrity a few hours ago titled "Important Testing and Health Screening Requirements" for our June 5 cruise.  In that email (I'm sorry I don't know how to post it here), there is no mention of CELEBRITY requiring proof of a COVID test for vaccinated guests, just the requirement by the St Maarten government of an RT-PCR within 120 hours of arrival for US and Canadian visitors (or within 72 hours for visitors from other countries)  It goes on to state that an antigen test will be administered at the terminal for all guests 2 yrs and up who are not/cannot be vaccinated

Important Testing and Health Screening Requirements.eml

8 minutes ago, crusin'k said:

I received an email from Celebrity a few hours ago titled "Important Testing and Health Screening Requirements" for our June 5 cruise.  In that email (I'm sorry I don't know how to post it here), there is no mention of CELEBRITY requiring proof of a COVID test for vaccinated guests, just the requirement by the St Maarten government of an RT-PCR within 120 hours of arrival for US and Canadian visitors (or within 72 hours for visitors from other countries)  It goes on to state that an antigen test will be administered at the terminal for all guests 2 yrs and up who are not/cannot be vaccinated

Important Testing and Health Screening Requirements.eml 64.32 kB · 3 downloads

I agree. I read the email from start to finish and it makes no reference to vaccinated passengers needing a test to board. Just the usual test for SXM entry. 

So can we assume the email is correct and the update to the website on May 19 (today) is no longer valid?

2 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

I agree. I read the email from start to finish and it makes no reference to vaccinated passengers needing a test to board. Just the usual test for SXM entry. 

So can we assume the email is correct and the update to the website on May 19 (today) is no longer valid?

I sure hope so because it makes it SOOOO much easier.  But who knows - time will tell, I guess

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, toddnix said:

Looks like Celebrity finally updated the website to match the email.

The Celebrity 72 hour PCR test requirement has been removed and only the SXM 120 hour PCR test requirement is called out.

This is more in line with what was shared to TA's yesterday. If your PCR test is more than 3 days old you'll do an antigen test at the pier (maybe?).

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 3.21.13 PM.png

Edited by Jeremiah1212

1 hour ago, toddnix said:

Looks like Celebrity finally updated the website to match the email.

The Celebrity 72 hour PCR test requirement has been removed and only the SXM 120 hour PCR test requirement is called out.

image.thumb.png.42c445dfa0c42b8f77a877ab83ee322c.png

This is exactly what I am reading too.

Very clear: for vaccinated guests no PCR required by Celebrity. PCR required only by St Marten government to enter St Martin.

Further updates posted:

St. Maarten Travel Requirements as of May 21, 2021

Important information on testing and screening requirements. For full travel requirements to St Maarten click here.

Vaccination Policy

All guests ages 16 years and older must be fully vaccinated with all Covid-19 vaccine doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing. Proof of vaccination is required in the form of the original vaccination card. No photocopies or photos accepted.

As of August 1, 2021, all US Guests age 12 and older must be fully vaccinated. 

Crew members onboard will be vaccinated.

St Maarten Travel Requirements

For the most current requirements visit: Government of St. Maarten travel requirements

All guests arriving by air must complete the St Maarten required Electronic Health Authorization System (EHAS) . Complete this form as soon as you have you a negative RT-PCR test result. Processing can take up to 12 hours.  

Tip: Guests arriving and departing by air should select “Air Travel” for Travel Method.        

Staying over in St Maarten before or after your cruise? You must purchase the St. Maarten Visitor Protection Plan through the EHAS form. The Protection Plan is not required for guests transiting the same day to and from the ship.

Test requirements for entry into St. Maarten: US & Canada visitors must present a negative naso-pharyngeal RT-PCR test results taken within 120 hours prior to departure or an antigen test taken 48 hours prior to departure. All other visitors must present negative naso-pharyngeal RT-PCR test results taken within 72 hours prior to departure. Be sure to bring a printed copy. Name on test results must match those on government issued identification.

Proof of negative RT PCR test and the EHAS pre-approval form are required at the airport.

Celebrity Boarding Requirements:

Proof of vaccination is required in the form of the original vaccination card. No photocopies or photos accepted.

Children between the ages of 2-15 who are not vaccinated must complete a rapid antigen test at the terminal prior to boarding. 

Guests that do not meet our requirements may be denied boarding.

Travel Home

Testing required for home country re-entry will be administered free of charge by our medical staff on board prior to debarkation. Learn more once onboard.

Edited by Jeremiah1212
  • Like 1