Privee Dining

jeno

Is there any chance 12 people could fit at the table? We dined there years ago and I just can’t remember.  We are traveling with a group of 12 and having 10 be able to dine and 2 not wouldn’t be the best. I know it is listed for 10, just wondered if by chance anyone had ever had a larger group.  We will figure something out otherwise.  

9 minutes ago, jeno said:

Is there any chance 12 people could fit at the table? We dined there years ago and I just can’t remember.  We are traveling with a group of 12 and having 10 be able to dine and 2 not wouldn’t be the best. I know it is listed for 10, just wondered if by chance anyone had ever had a larger group.  We will figure something out otherwise.  

That would be a squeeze (and, if in the not-too-distant future, outside the social distancing requirements). 
The most we’ve been with in any Priveé event has been 10 (four per side and one at each end).

• Thanks 1

We have always been told the limit is 10 and no increases.  When we have needed to accommodate more than 10, we just booked Prive twice and split our group up. We have even invited the Cruise Director and his Fiancé to one seating and another time invited the CD and the Oceania Club Ambassador to join us and both dinners were great fun. Besides, they popped for a couple bottles of wine 🍷🤪

In addition to our travel group of friends on our most recent Riviera trip, we had our Aussie friends on board join one of our dinner seatings.  Remember, you are paying $300 for Prive for the night so the invitees are up to you.  
Gerry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mauibabes said:

We have always been told the limit is 10 and no increases.  When we have needed to accommodate more than 10, we just booked Prive twice and split our group up. We have even invited the Cruise Director and his Fiancé to one seating and another time invited the CD and the Oceania Club Ambassador to join us and both dinners were great fun. Besides, they popped for a couple bottles of wine 🍷🤪

In addition to our travel group of friends on our most recent Riviera trip, we had our Aussie friends on board join one of our dinner seatings.  Remember, you are paying $300 for Prive for the night so the invitees are up to you.  
Gerry

And just to be clear to new O folks, the Privee charge is for the room rental. 

• Thanks 1

Sorry, should have made that more clear. Prive is yours for the night and you set the dinner time for your private party.  Two wonderful and attentive waiters, a Sommelier, the Maitre d from either Toscana or Polo will come through, also the Chef’s and even a drop in sometimes from the General Manager.  Dinner selections from both Polo and Toscana and it can easily be a 2-3 hour private dinner party.  
Really a fantastic evening and the staff is so much fun. If you have a special occasion (s) you are celebrating, let the Concierge know so they provide a special cake to share along with the regular desert menu items. We never miss an opportunity to book Prive on Marina or Riviera.

Bonnie and Gerry

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

Sorry, should have made that more clear. Prive is yours for the night and you set the dinner time for your private party.  Two wonderful and attentive waiters, a Sommelier, the Maitre d from either Toscana or Polo will come through, also the Chef’s and even a drop in sometimes from the General Manager.  Dinner selections from both Polo and Toscana and it can easily be a 2-3 hour private dinner party.  
Really a fantastic evening and the staff is so much fun. If you have a special occasion (s) you are celebrating, let the Concierge know so they provide a special cake to share along with the regular desert menu items. We never miss an opportunity to book Prive on Marina or Riviera.

Bonnie and Gerry

FWIW: In addition to passenger arranged Privee events, some of the Senior Officers on Marina/Riviera will use it for some of their invite dinners (rather than the GDR).

• Thanks 1

Just in case I went crazy and you see some huge number 10’s appearing, I was overwhelmed with excitement to be in Prive and being a part of a group of 10 for dinner. Sorry folks, I just lost it, we need a cruise badly!,

10 hours ago, mauibabes said:

Gerry

Thank you, Gerry.  We will work something out.  We have been planning on two dinners, assuming we can get the room twice. I was just wondering if there was any wiggle room with the number.  Thanks for confirming there isn’t. That was my question. 

8 hours ago, pinotlover said:

To the OP, the Privee is an exclusive dining experience, not a picnic table. Capacity is ten (10) guests. Not 12, not 15, not 25. It’s ten (10). 

Push On. 

Unless invited by the GM  then it can be 12  😉

50 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Unless invited by the GM  then it can be 12  😉

We’ve done it with the GM - still only 10.😳

FWIW: Though Priveé does provide an intimate setting (and food from the adjacent specialty kitchens), I’m not a big fan of the stark white decor and even prefer the energy of a busier venue like the GDR, which is where the regular GM or Captain dinners would be held on the R ships.

If the OP still wants a private setting for a group larger than 10 on an O Ship, the La Reserve space is not in use every night. Of course, there’d be a charge for that too.

13 hours ago, mauibabes said:

Remember, you are paying $300 for Prive

Did it go up? I thought it was $250, but I've never paid for it, just read that somewhere. I have been in there various times with GM hosted dinners, but don't remember how many are in there for those dinners. Lyn, did you count? 

3 minutes ago, ORV said:

Did it go up? I thought it was $250, but I've never paid for it, just read that somewhere. I have been in there various times with GM hosted dinners, but don't remember how many are in there for those dinners. Lyn, did you count? 

YES  

We had 5 each side  the  GM & hostess on the ends

I guess I am the only person that does not understand the advantage of paying $300 to have dinner in a room with the menu being Toscana or Polo..when they did special menus it was fabulous but now I dont get why anyone would pay for a menu you can get for free..

Jancruz1

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Jancruz said:

I guess I am the only person that does not understand the advantage of paying $300 to have dinner in a room with the menu being Toscana or Polo..when they did special menus it was fabulous but now I dont get why anyone would pay for a menu you can get for free..

Jancruz1

We do special wine dinners there. Multiple bottles being shared in a venue where the waiters can easily get to everyone. No waiting for the wine steward to circle back around. They are there just for us. Not really practical to have 7-8 reds sitting beside your table decanting and being served in the other venues.

It also eliminates all the background noise, so that everyone can talk and hear everyone else without shouting. There are times in the other restaurants even being able to hear everyone on a six top is hard, to near impossible, because of the background noise.

Edited by pinotlover
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jancruz said:

I do understand you as you are a wine lover..we are not..Stu doesn't even drink wine..but why do other people pay money for the room>>

Jancruz1

I agree  but I guess some people may just want to have a private party

maybe a special Birthday or Anniversary 

It was nice  but you still do not get to chat with other people at the table  only those close by

it is  a personal thing

I am quite happy  in the other venues

JMO

7 hours ago, Jancruz said:

Jancruz1

As we contemplate life without grandchildren [our children's choices, not a complaint], we have changed our approach to travel expenses:  from depression-babies-children frugality to 'its only money.'  So maybe if I had a special occasion to celebrate, this would be something I would consider.  But since none of our friends have the same taste in cruising, it's unlikely we could ever fill Privée.  I would rather put that money to La Reserve.

But – we have gotten very far off OP's topic...

For us, the Privee is more than some staid sit down dinner. We’ll normally start with some bubbly and a mix of appetizers. I know sharing appetizers horrifies some, ( they can order their very one and inform others not to touch) but we’re up talking , mixing, looking out the rear window and the terrific view, etc. It’s not until soup or salad is served are we in our seats. 

The venue is viewed as an elegant and classy place to expand one’s dining experience. In our Groups, the gentleman most always wear jackets, and the ladies dress accordingly. 

52 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

For us, the Privee is more than some staid sit down dinner. We’ll normally start with some bubbly and a mix of appetizers. I know sharing appetizers horrifies some, ( they can order their very one and inform others not to touch) but we’re up talking , mixing, looking out the rear window and the terrific view, etc. It’s not until soup or salad is served are we in our seats. 

The venue is viewed as an elegant and classy place to expand one’s dining experience. In our Groups, the gentleman most always wear jackets, and the ladies dress accordingly. 

chacun à son goût

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It was increased to $300 but I was told that reservations were not yet available until they get closer to opening up and get the latest Health and Safety requirements. It is also a staffing issue since extra staff is dedicated to dining in Prive. We are booked on Riviera on October 18 so as soon as it is open, I will book a couple of nights for our Istanbul to Miami cruise since we have friends leaving us and others joining us in Monte Carlo. 
Can’t wait 🙏🍷🥂🚢👍

37 minutes ago, Queen of DaNile said:

They told me today it WILL be $300. going forward.

It WAS $300 to book starting a few months back. That came from ACTUALLY booking it through my TA, not talking to a clerk on 1-800.