Perfect Day Cococay - Cabana and Full Day Pass

Hello, everybody, I need some help with a shore excursion from anyone who has been to Cococay.  We will be stopping there in June of 2022 on our Mariner cruise.  The official title of this excursion on Royal's website is Thrill Waterpark - Cabana and Full Day Pass.  They are charging 999 for the day for six people, comes with a cabana, an attendant bringing comp food and drinks, and passes for all to the park. 

Anywho, seems kind of pricey, but I have never been to Cococay and would like to have the best time possible while there with my family.

Will it be worth the money ?

Will it be worth it is a tough question. "Worth" is a relative term.  You can enjoy a great day at Cococay and not spend a dime.  That being said, with six people you are spreading your per person cost of the Cabana out pretty wide.  If you have never been and have younger people in your group they are going to want to experience the water park so I'd say give it a go.  If you don't think enough of the party will want to experience the water park or enjoy hanging by the water park give it a pass.

It's too relative of a question. The value each of us puts on a $1000 likely is different depending on how many $1000 piles you have accumulated. From my stance, like a VIP tour at Disney, it would be considered a massive splurge, and nothing I would do on a regular basis. If I'm trying to make the trip special, I might add it. It's very expensive for what you get, and the time you get, but the rarity of the experience will add to the memory. 

The Thrill Waterpark Cabana and full day pass prices can vary...so keep checking...possibly around black Friday to cyber Monday.

We had two actually booked at $499 per cabana (extended family group that included 4 kids) but that cruise was RCI canceled. Prices for our next cruise (April 2022) are $999 also...and I'll certainly keep an eye on a sale.

We have a water park cabana at CocoCay this September which I bought on sale for $399. I would wait for a sale; however, if you don't want to chance not getting one, maybe you can purchase it now; then, if it goes on sale, maybe cancel and repurchase the lower price. Look at the cancellation policy first. Like Ashland said, they will probably go on sale and you have plenty of time to wait in my opinion. Good luck and happy cruising! Cheers!

7 hours ago, tcrandal said:

The value each of us puts on $1000 likely is different depending on how many $1000 piles you have accumulated.

You, my friend, are a master at conveying a crystal clear message with words. 🤣

Touchdown! 🙌

• Like 1

We did this for my family of 4 and I think I paid about $450.  I was able to cancel and rebook several times to get that rate.  It was worth it to my family.  My kids are old enough to go on their own for all of the water slides and my husband and I could relax.  It was nice to have a spot to store our stuff and a home base to meet up with them periodically.  We were by the wave pool (which is freezing even in the summer heat). 

Our server placed our lunch order to have it there right when food became available because we got there early for the kids to get in as much water slide time with low waits as possible.  She also brought us skewers of fruit at the end of the day.  She spoiled my kids with keeping their drinks stocked (we had the drink package, so they had everything from virgin drinks to soda, powerade, and water).  My kids loved the water slides, wave pool and obstacle courses.  They stayed until the very end of the day. If you have smaller kids, you have to be with them on the slides and check the height requirements.  

What are the individual ticket prices? How does that compare to the price of the cabana?
How much value do you put on a guaranteed spot to sit with couches and chairs and gather with a lockable area for valuables vs the abundant chairs and umbrellas available? 

Will you feel obligated to stay in the water park for that money and not explore the beach and the pool to get your money's worth?  Will this bother you later?

What is the per person rate and how does that compare to other excursions you would be willing to take?

For us, a cabana was clearly worth it when we added up the numbers.

We had an overwater cabana booked before I canceled all our cruises for 2021.

The cabana was $1,699. We had 7 people, so a per person cost of $243 per person, a price we had paid before for some special excursions, ie: swimming with dolphins.  So, not out of line there and we got an upgraded lunch, not included with some of the excursions.

The entrance fee into the Beach Club was $199 and prices hadn't moved for quite awhile, even during Black Friday.

We definitely wanted the Beach Club, so it was either $1,393 without the cabana vs $1,699 with the cabana.  The extra $306 was a no brainer for us to have a dedicated place to meet and hang out.  If we had chosen the beach side cabana @ $1,299, we would actually have been saving money. But we wanted the over water.

We did purchase water park tickets for the young adults @ $89 per person.  The old farts were not going to go to the water park and would much prefer the cabana while the young adults had the option to come and go.

Compare the costs with other excursions you have been willing to pay for, the price of convenience, and how many people will actually be using the water park.

Thanks for your feedback, everyone.  There is only one young person in our group, my fourteen year old son, the rest of us are fifty and up.  We were just really looking for a home base to hang out and party while he enjoys all that the park has to offer.  If the price drops to around 700 I will book it, and then keep looking for more drops.

One last question, will  beer and frozen drinks be served to us ?

• Like 1

Cost is $499 on cruises I have coming up.  Other cabanas have different costs.

You get towels and 6 bottles of water.  Included drinks are only whatever package you have on the ship.  If you don't have a package drinks will be charged to your cruise card.  Attendant will certainly get stuff for you. 

For a while I think a 14 year old had to have an adult in the water park but think that changed after a while (no idea what rules will be when they open again).  You could just get six chairs with umbrellas somewhere near a snack shack and bar and pay only for the folks going into the water park.  Is it worth several hundred dollars each to have someone get your drinks for you?