No More Masks

KennyFla

On 5/14/2021 at 12:59 PM, Old & Retired said:

No confidence in your shot huh?

Until a titer is ran on me, I have no way of being 100% sure that my Covid Vaccine took.. I have been so looking forward to sailing again and can't wait.. Thee is always a chance of picking something up everytime you pump your gas, go to a store, restaurant, etc... I'll take my chances..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red-Sol said:

Not sure when/if NCL will change/amend any of their requirements...however I think that by keeping a policy of fully vaccinated could very well be a distinct marketing advantage for them...but just as you say 'Time Will Tell"

I agree that a niche market for 100% vaccinated cruising could easily evolve. However; NCL has stated they are committed to 100% vaccination and no masks in the short term (only until October 31st). They can certainly extend the policy but at this moment in time, those that want 100% vaccination should sail on NCL before October 31st. 

As you say, time will tell. The situation remains fluid and things are evolving quickly.

3 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I agree that a niche market for 100% vaccinated cruising could easily evolve. However; NCL has stated they are committed to 100% vaccination and no masks in the short term (only until October 31st). They can certainly extend the policy but at this moment in time, those that want 100% vaccination should sail on NCL before October 31st. 

As you say, time will tell. The situation remains fluid and things are evolving quickly.

Just out:

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has rolled back its mandate that all cruises leaving from U.S. ports under the Conditional Sail Order (CSO) must be seven days or less.

New CSO guidance is expected to be released shortly, according to industry sources, that will relax a number of regulations, including cruise lengths.

Updated verbiage is expected to strongly encourage cruise lines to sail with 100 percent vaccinated passengers and crew until the CSO is fully lifted.

The CSO had previously been released late in 2020, and mandated that all cruises leaving from U.S. ports had to have itineraries approved by the CDC and be seven days or less in length. 

Just drop the CSO and let's go.  Enough.

Edited by KennyFla
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, KennyFla said:

Just out:

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has rolled back its mandate that all cruises leaving from U.S. ports under the Conditional Sail Order (CSO) must be seven days or less.

New CSO guidance is expected to be released shortly, according to industry sources, that will relax a number of regulations, including cruise lengths.

Updated verbiage is expected to strongly encourage cruise lines to sail with 100 percent vaccinated passengers and crew until the CSO is fully lifted.

The CSO had previously been released late in 2020, and mandated that all cruises leaving from U.S. ports had to have itineraries approved by the CDC and be seven days or less in length. 

Thanks for the update...

18 minutes ago, KennyFla said:

Just out:

BINGO! Thank you for sharing. This is exactly what many of us have been suggesting all along. Let's get back to cruising from the USA as safely as possible and then, over time, re-evaluate. Cruises departing from the USA must comply with the CDC conditions to sail order until it is amended or expires. Coincidently it expires October 31st which will allow some time to gather information. We can hope that the announcement to amend the order today includes no mask wearing for cruises that are 100% vaccinated!! That makes the most sense to me, but it appears there is a segment of the cruising population that wants both to be 'extra safe'.

IPS: Is anyone else giddy with excitement?? I feel like we have turned the corner and are returning to some levels of sanity.

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, graphicguy said:
  • For cruises with embarkation dates through October 31, 2021, all guests must provide proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 at least 2 weeks prior to their sail date with an authorized vaccine;

That sure sounds like uploading a scanned image as part of on-line check in.

2 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

We can hope that the announcement to amend the order today includes no mask wearing for cruises that are 100% vaccinated!! That makes the most sense to me, but it appears there is a segment of the cruising population that wants both to be 'extra safe'.

We'll, they're certainly able to wear their masks until death if they want to; I just don't want them telling me (fully pfizer vaccinated for six weeks) that I have to wear one of those stupid things any longer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

From the website: Our cruises will operate with 100% vaccination of guests and crew through 10/31/21, therefore face coverings are not required but are highly recommended where physical distancing is not possible indoors for cruises prior to 10/31/21.

Amazing news for my Epic cruise in September 😄

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, CaptainWoody said:

We'll, they're certainly able to wear their masks until death if they want to; I just don't want them telling me (fully pfizer vaccinated for six weeks) that I have to wear one of those stupid things any longer.

😁

Follow the science.  It's the same reason you can't bring a bunny on a cruise ship either.  😲

Your Chances of Being Killed by a Bunny are Low.

But Never Zero.

bunny.JPG.a677608f7d24c8faddf6c6675b8fca3f.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, CaptainWoody said:

I'll have to look it up, but there's a clause somewhere in the NCL Sail Safe site stating that only original CDC issued vaccine cards would be recognized.  IIRC, the clause about digital records pertains to those countries where that is the preferred method of tracking those who are vaccinated.

21 hours ago, CaptainWoody said:

Full vaccinated here, too.  One of the reasons (along with the major one of not wanting to contract COVID) I received the vaccine is because of not having to wear masks any more.  Sounds to me like that's the direction NCL wants to go, too.

On 5/21/2021 at 1:42 PM, CaptainWoody said:

I agree. It is very likely that a scanned image will be all that is required. There are some people who believe NCL will have an actual verification system for the CDC cards. I respectfully disagree. Just like government issued passports. NCL doesn't run your passport number for verification of authenticity. Ain't nobody got time for that 🙂

If a computer program is designed to do the work for NCL, then possibly. Until then, it's an unrealistic expectation. Like everything with cruising right now, time will tell. 

4 hours ago, graphicguy said:

I'll have to look it up, but there's a clause somewhere in the NCL Sail Safe site stating that only original CDC issued vaccine cards would be recognized.  IIRC, the clause about digital records pertains to those countries where that is the preferred method of tracking those who are vaccinated.

It did say original CDC issued card but it also said it had to be provided no less than two weeks before the cruise.  Ain't no way I'm mailing my irreplaceable Covid card to NCL hoping to get it back.  I think they meant a copy of the original card versus some other evidence, such as a printout from a healthcare provider's or State government's records.

8 hours ago, At Sea At Peace said:

😁

Follow the science.  It's the same reason you can't bring a bunny on a cruise ship either.  😲

Your Chances of Being Killed by a Bunny are Low.

But Never Zero.

bunny.JPG.a677608f7d24c8faddf6c6675b8fca3f.JPG

Yep.  Monty Python and the Holy Grail is one of my favorite movies.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CaptainWoody said:

It did say original CDC issued card but it also said it had to be provided no less than two weeks before the cruise.  Ain't no way I'm mailing my irreplaceable Covid card to NCL hoping to get it back.  I think they meant a copy of the original card versus some other evidence, such as a printout from a healthcare provider's or State government's records.

The way I read it is you have to show proof you had your 2nd (or only) COVID vaccine at least 2 weeks prior to cruising.  You show your original CDC card at embarkation, but keep it with you.

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

The way I read it is you have to show proof you had your 2nd (or only) COVID vaccine at least 2 weeks prior to cruising.  You show your original CDC card at embarkation, but keep it with you.

That would make more sense.  Maybe somebody has the link?

It looks like they removed the two week reference:

What documents will be required to show proof of vaccination and when do I provide them?

Proof of vaccination must be submitted prior to sailing. Proof must be in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by either the country’s health authority that administered the vaccination or the guest's medical provider that completed the vaccine administration. Electronic vaccination records will be accepted for residents of countries where electronic documentation is the standard issued form. Communication regarding proof of vaccination submission will be sent to all booked guests in the 30 days prior to setting sail.

I already have our vaccination cards in our Passports, so we should be good to go!  I'll probably buy some passport wallets to provide a bit safer way to keep track of the vaccination card.  Any recommendations?

I

Does anyone know the repercussions of testing positive at the port. It seems like  a big chance you are taking considering the money at stake. Even  if they give you an FCC, flights, hotels and quarantine rules will set 2 people back well into 4 figures depending where you are flying from and to. 

18 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I agree. It is very likely that a scanned image will be all that is required. There are some people who believe NCL will have an actual verification system for the CDC cards. I respectfully disagree. Just like government issued passports. NCL doesn't run your passport number for verification of authenticity. Ain't nobody got time for that 🙂

Although you may be right about verification of vaccine card information, the cruise lines do in fact verify passport information as part of their security measures prior to boarding. In addition passenger manifests need to be provided to local governments, including here in the US where manifests must be reported to the Department of Homeland Security at least 60 minutes prior to sailing. 

• Thanks 1

Not sure if NCL will implement their vaccine verification the same way that RCCL has, but for their first sailing out of the Bahamas on June 12, RCCL is only requiring passengers to bring their CDC-issued vaccine card to embarkation. Also, they are not requiring a PCR test for vaccinated passengers before boarding. This is according to Tony from La Lido Loca, who is booked on that sailing.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, CaptainWoody said:

It looks like they removed the two week reference:

What documents will be required to show proof of vaccination and when do I provide them?

Proof of vaccination must be submitted prior to sailing. Proof must be in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by either the country’s health authority that administered the vaccination or the guest's medical provider that completed the vaccine administration. Electronic vaccination records will be accepted for residents of countries where electronic documentation is the standard issued form. Communication regarding proof of vaccination submission will be sent to all booked guests in the 30 days prior to setting sail.

I already have our vaccination cards in our Passports, so we should be good to go!  I'll probably buy some passport wallets to provide a bit safer way to keep track of the vaccination card.  Any recommendations?

I

I haven't done a lot of looking around, but what I did was used an old photo lamination card, the kind with one sticky side and one hard plastic side. I pulled the sticky side off and folded the hard plastic side in half. I creased the hard plastic side with a pen to get a good crease and then put my card in it and cut it to about 1/8" of plastic around all sides of the card. The plastic is heavy enough to keep the card from bending in my purse and since the card is completely encased but NOT stuck in there, it is well protected. Serves it's purpose. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say that there are plastic sleeves that are already out there that would provide the same type of protection. I just used what I had around the house.