Lets get back to cruising from Florida!

More "freedom" means less responsibility to your community...wish I could teach people how to care about others as much as they care about their "rights".  Rights and responsibilities go hand in hand, that is how society functions....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, songbird1329 said:

More "freedom" means less responsibility to your community...wish I could teach people how to care about others as much as they care about their "rights".  Rights and responsibilities go hand in hand, that is how society functions....

No, that's not what freedom means. 

I wish I could teach people to stop preaching, stereotyping and virtue-signalling on cruise boards.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Looks like Miami-Dade Mayor is working on an agreement with RCI to give them preferential berthing rights at PortMiami so it doesn’t look like RCI is leaving Florida.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/25028-miami-working-toward-port-deal-with-royal-caribbean-group.html

Edited by livingonthebeach

30 minutes ago, Sinbadssailors said:

No, that's not what freedom means. 

I wish I could teach people to stop preaching, stereotyping and virtue-signalling on cruise boards.

Agree 100% with both your comments. 

19 hours ago, Moltar said:

Can't wait till they come back to Jersey. We won't make laws that will hinder them from coming back.... Also we believe in  Facts and Science up here.....

We used to live in NJ.

Live in Florida now.

Freedom is wonderful.

Family (and friends, in fact, everyone we know)  that still live in NJ cannot wait to get out!

Edited by mafig
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, mafig said:

Family (and friends, in fact, everyone we know)  that still live in NJ cannot wait to get out!

We drove down to Florida two weeks ago (from NC) and we were amazed at the number of vehicles from NY, NJ and PA pulling U-Haul trailers or driving U-Haul trucks.  There really is an exodus from the northeast.

• Like 1

livingonthebeach, you think that was a win??????

Well, since it was not an outright dismissal, I guess you could call it a win.

The fact that the court didn't grant to preliminary injunction outright shows that the court does not see any urgency to Florida's request.  If there's no urgency, there is no need for an injunction....

Mediation must take place no later than June 1, and then the mediator must write up his report by June 3.  That means the parties are not going back to court until sometime in June.  that means the court is not going to rule on the motion until sometime after w the mediation.  That's another two weeks before the judge considers the matter again.

Meanwhile the Conditional Sail Order remains in effect, and the cruise lines -- the real parties in interest -- are working with the CDC towards a summer reopening.  Everyone except Carnival seems to be on board with vaccinating their passengers.  

I don't know what bargaining power DeSantis thinks he has or what he hopes to accomplish at this juncture,  But I doubt the CDC is willing to give him what he wants.

Edited by songbird1329
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, songbird1329 said:

I wish I could teach people that once you relinquish your rights and freedoms you never get them back.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

In Pfizer’s earning call they expect

full approval by 4th quarter 2021, and have based earnings forecast on such. 

Does full approval mean that it will be approved for children younger than 12 as well. Or does that just remove the emergency use authorization for the ages that are already approved?

7 minutes ago, songbird1329 said:

livingonthebeach, you think that was a win??????

Well, since it was not an outright dismissal, I guess you could call it a win.

The fact that the court didn't grant to preliminary injunction outright shows that the court does not see any urgency to Florida's request.  If there's no urgency, there is no need for an injunction....

Mediation must take place no later than June 1, and then the mediator must write up his report by June 3.  That means the parties are not going back to court until sometime in June.  that means the court is not going to rule on the motion until sometime after w the mediation.  That's another two weeks before the judge considers the matter again.

Meanwhile the Conditional Sail Order remains in effect, and the cruise lines -- the real parties in interest -- are working with the CDC towards a summer reopening.  Everyone except Carnival seems to be on board with vaccinating their passengers.  

I don't know what bargaining power DeSantis thinks he has or what he hopes to accomplish at this juncture,  But I doubt the CDC is willing to give him what he wants.

I said it was promising -- not a win.  The judge did not rule to keep the CSO either so we'll see. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Moltar said:

Can't wait till they come back to Jersey. We won't make laws that will hinder them from coming back.... Also we believe in  Facts and Science up here.....

Except the governor of NJ just said but he’s not going to believe the scientist at the CDC and New Jersey is going to do it their own way.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I said it was promising -- not a win.  The judge did not rule to keep the CSO either so we'll see. 

Promising?  Nope.  He didn't want to deny the motion outright but apparently has no grounds to grant it.  He punted and hopes the parties work it out for themselves.  

21 minutes ago, songbird1329 said:

Promising?  Nope.  He didn't want to deny the motion outright but apparently has no grounds to grant it.  He punted and hopes the parties work it out for themselves.  

I would love it if there's a resolution through mediation. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ramja96 said:

We drove down to Florida two weeks ago (from NC) and we were amazed at the number of vehicles from NY, NJ and PA pulling U-Haul trailers or driving U-Haul trucks.  There really is an exodus from the northeast.

It is pretty easy to tell from posts on these boards who is from NY/NJ (even though they be transplants) based upon their feelings about masks/Fauci/the CDC/ etc. 

All we can hope for is that those that come to Florida remember WHY they left where ever and not bring those political beliefs with them. Otherwise they will vote to impose the same problems they left behind!

I'm not suggesting that they foresake all their beliefs, just to remember why they came here and not make Florida a "NY/NJ" south (which, to a degree, it already is).  Heavy sign.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, mafig said:

We used to live in NJ.

Live in Florida now.

Freedom is wonderful.

Yeah alot of people are moving down there. People I gladly wave goodbye to.

Edited by Moltar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CaroleSS said:

I'm not suggesting that they foresake all their beliefs, just to remember why they came here and not make Florida a "NY/NJ" south (which, to a degree, it already is).  Heavy sign.

Reminded me of a comedian who was making jokes on  moving to Florida and said "If there was no NY/NJ there would be no Florida!".😁

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Does full approval mean that it will be approved for children younger than 12 as well. Or does that just remove the emergency use authorization for the ages that are already approved?

Right now the request is to full approval for 12 on up. 

• Thanks 1