New Vaccination policy on RCL

51 minutes ago, ericfromri said:

I took one cruise out of galveston, and i assure you there won't be a second.  most of the ships  there are on their last leg..  the baltimore of the south.

Allure and Liberty are rust buckets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

52 minutes ago, ericfromri said:

i took one cruise out of galveston, and i assure you there won't be a second.  most of the ships  there are on their last leg..  the baltimore of the south.  just look at all the carnival barges that park in this place.

Allure certainly is not on her last leg. Liberty was here for many years and was in excellent shape. 

• Like 2

Just now, not-enough-cruising said:

Allure certainly is not on her last leg. Liberty was here for many years and was in excellent shape. 

i was referring to the old royal ships, but especially the carnival ones.

1 minute ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Good thing we all have choices. 
interesting that a “lousy port” launches 4-7 ships at 100%+ capacity year round. It’s a shame no one want to cruise from there. 

theres no point in arguing.  we come from different worlds.

Edited by ericfromri

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

So, is it the ship or is it the port that you deem subpar?

mostly the ships. they had 2 carnival ships parked there and were in worse condition than the ships i see at the scrapyard.  it was also a PITA to get there.  my original comment was to the point that people are not going to flock to galveston because florida was having political problems with there ports. someone seemed to think millions of cruisers were somehow going to shift there.  on a positive note, i was extemely surprised but i got a flight direct to munich from galveston as i live in Switzerland half the year. 

Edited by ericfromri

Just now, Biker19 said:

So, then, you can overlook the port and sail on Allure from there?

yes these were historical comments.  i hear they had a big investment to take on allure.  it was simply that galveston is not comparable to port everglades or canaveral that have 5-10 ships leaving every single day.  i dont know how it became so newsworthy but my comment was just simply that not nearly the same type of port in regards to the comment about all the florida people going to galveston....thats it.

11 hours ago, harkinmr said:

Well, ya!  He’s the one that initiated it, so the vaccine ban is at odds with his push to restart cruising. His problem is he wants his cake and to eat it too. Sometimes you just overstep your bounds and walking things back can be humiliating. Oh well, the price of politics I guess. 

Unfortunately, that's what it's been made solely about in the Florida threads by those with no self-control, restraint or respect for the forum.

36 minutes ago, ericfromri said:

my point is , it was a lousy port  just like baltimore.

I guess we have been the luckiest people on the planet because every sailing we have had out of Baltimore has been very easy and flawless. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ericfromri said:

i took one cruise out of galveston, and i assure you there won't be a second.  most of the ships  there are on their last leg..  the baltimore of the south.  just look at all the carnival barges that park in this place.

While maybe this makes you feel good to post inaccurate statements ... no bearing on reality. Some years ago they had a fantasy class ship for shorter cruises. Not for like 15 years has a very old ship done 7 days. The 2 carnival ships are the breeze, dream class, and vista, vista class. Not even close to being considered old. Why post false information? I dont get it.

Rcl does have adventure and liberty, maybe those are your idea of older, idk. Terminal 3 should be well on it's way to being done so allure as rcl says can compete with carnival who has always said this is one of it's most important ports. Unfortunately terminal 3 is covid delayed. Blame covid. Rcl has said they want to be competitive.  Just delayed. Mardi gras has a LG deal with port Canaveral.. so will go out from there unless another port makes a deal on LG fuel. But Galveston often has gotten the newest carnival ships. I've met john heald..not a particular fan, but I've heard him say how important Galveston is to carnival. Dont post false facts please... if you had a bad experience 10 years ago, fine, say the year. Dont say it's now. Carnival has 1 of its 2 most recent classes out of Galveston.. if you need me to I'll look up the years built. Though a 3rd new class will start when mardi gras has its debut. I'm not a huge carnival fan, but I will correct misinformation. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

While maybe this makes you feel good to post inaccurate statements ... no bearing on reality. Some years ago they had a fantasy class ship for shorter cruises. Not for like 15 years has a very old ship done 7 days. The 2 carnival ships are the breeze, dream class, and vista, vista class. Not even close to being considered old. Why post false information? I dont get it.

Rcl does have adventure and liberty, maybe those are your idea of older, idk. Terminal 3 should be well on it's way to being done so allure as rcl says can compete with carnival who has always said this is one of it's most important ports. Unfortunately terminal 3 is covid delayed. Blame covid. Rcl has said they want to be competitive.  Just delayed. Mardi gras has a LG deal with port Canaveral.. so will go out from there unless another port makes a deal on LG fuel. But Galveston often has gotten the newest carnival ships. I've met john heald..not a particular fan, but I've heard him say how important Galveston is to carnival. Dont post false facts please... if you had a bad experience 10 years ago, fine, say the year. Dont say it's now. Carnival has 1 of its 2 most recent classes out of Galveston.. if you need me to I'll look up the years built. Though a 3rd new class will start when mardi gras has its debut. I'm not a huge carnival fan, but I will correct misinformation. 

2017  it was my experience and not a misleading comment.

Edited by ericfromri
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ericfromri said:

mostly the ships. they had 2 carnival ships parked there and were in worse condition than the ships i see at the scrapyard.  it was also a PITA to get there.  my original comment was to the point that people are not going to flock to galveston because florida was having political problems with there ports. someone seemed to think millions of cruisers were somehow going to shift there.  on a positive note, i was extemely surprised but i got a flight direct to munich from galveston as i live in Switzerland half the year. 

And what year was this? Lol   ok we get it, makes you feel virtuous to post bad things about carnival., you dont like it. Not everyone likes carnival. I was on magic when it was new and came first to Galveston. Ncl new build is doing a port tour including Galveston. 

1 minute ago, ericfromri said:

And what were these old ships. I do 7 days and thought maybe it was dream class that year.? My favorite build for many reasons. It does seem its personal and you just dont like carnival rather than factual. Of course i see Baltimore isnt happy either with you dissing them. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

And what were these old ships. I do 7 days and thought maybe it was dream class that year.? My favorite build for many reasons. It does seem its personal and you just dont like carnival rather than factual. Of course i see Baltimore isnt happy either with you dissing them. 

why dont you invite me to go on a crnival cruise and show me around.  all i know about them is what i read in the crime section of cruiselawnews.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ericfromri said:

i was referring to the old royal ships, but especially the carnival ones.

Vista was new when it came to Galveston. I personally dont like the closed in promenade. But I switched to rcl not because of old carnival ships but because their prices out of Galveston have gone nuts. I can book a balcony on allure cheaper than a inside on vista. I do read carnival is cha ging its paint scheme to red white and blue, maybe you will like it better. I do actually prefer rcl colors and the aqua windows you see from the outside.

I do hope rcl makes good on building a bigger terminal so rcl can get in bigger newer ships. Agree with you on rcl. Ready for rcl to up their game there.

• Like 1

I don't care about the departure port, just the ships.

And I don't care what ships sailed from someplace in the past, just what I can book in the future.

If the "big, new, nice" ships can't sail out of FL due to litigation, you can bet they will sail from somewhere else. Galveston is poised to benefit from that, even if just a little.

All of this is hypothetical of course....still hoping that RCL manages to find/negotiate a way to keep their shiny new vaccination policy that they just posted last week, AND manages to sail out of FL ports (and every other US port for that matter)

• Like 3

14 hours ago, James4me said:

What you’ll catch is called the seasonable FLU.  Have we all forgotten that we do and will get the flu or are they now lumping the flu with Covid-19 to get people even more paranoid?

COVID-19 is caused by infection with a new coronavirus (called SARS-CoV-2) and flu is caused by infection with influenza viruses. Two different viruses.

But of course if you "hate fake media" and "don't know what to believe anymore" you're not going to know this very basic information.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1