Princess Gift Card Promotion

Ombud

19 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Turns out I need another 3k. Anyone know when the next promotion is?

Not a bad problem to have 😁

Allstate rewards has 15% off  Princess Gift Cards.
(You don’t need to have allstate and get bonus points for signing up and logging in daily) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

Not a bad problem to have 😁

Allstate rewards has 15% off  Princess Gift Cards.
(You don’t need to have allstate and get bonus points for signing up and logging in daily) 

Thanks.  Just bought the $100 gift card with 15% off.  It's weird that the $500 gift card is only 10% off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nyc12345 said:

Thanks.  Just bought the $100 gift card with 15% off.  It's weird that the $500 gift card is only 10% off.

Just buy five. I have bought 10 so far. It was like that once before.  Makes no sense.  Very nice to get 15% off your cruise fare.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, franktown said:

Just buy five. I have bought 10 so far. It was like that once before.  Makes no sense.  Very nice to get 15% off your cruise fare.

Have any Canadians had luck with trying to sign up for Allstate rewards ? We never receive the text confirmation code to create the initial account and not sure if it is somehow blocking our cell number (we can receive international texts). Drat-darn-it! 

6 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Can you put that 15% on top of any discount you get from a TA?

It’s a princess gift card and the savings is off the gift card price so you can pay for your cruise with these gift cards and it doesn’t effect any other discounts. 
(you meed to build up points but it’s pretty easy, just log in daily), 

Edited by Jadn13
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Can you put that 15% on top of any discount you get from a TA?

Yes.  It's a Princess gift card that you are buying not a Allstate gift card.  You will get the gift card in the mail.

12 minutes ago, Clampram said:

Can you help me with how you are using these gift cards? Are you bringing them on board to pay for onboard charges?

You can use them to pay for your passage or OBC.

You can load them on to your account ahead of time. Below is a message from gift card support when I asked about booking excursions prior to boarding.

Thank you for contacting Gift Card Support!

Yes, you can use these gift cards to reserve shore excursions prior to the sailing. The best and easiest way to do this is purchasing Shore Excursion Credit (similar to On-board Credit) using the Gift Cards. Once purchased the Excursion Credit is ready to use and can be seen in your Cruise Personalizer. Should you need assistance you can call General Reservations at 1-800-744-6237.

Edited by Jadn13
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, rodndonna said:

Have any Canadians had luck with trying to sign up for Allstate rewards ? We never receive the text confirmation code to create the initial account and not sure if it is somehow blocking our cell number (we can receive international texts). Drat-darn-it! 

I think I started into looking at it or registering, but don't recall spending much time on it.  Perhaps I realized quickly would be excluded??  I doubt Allstate Canada has the deal.  I might try it again sometime as 15% is pretty generous. 

I would say that their software is editing for US-only area codes.  Might be cell carrier too, but easiest just to check area code.  Totally agree that it is a bummer since our countries are so inter-twined.  If I want them bad enough, I am lucky to have a brother living in USA, so I could get him to buy them and reimburse him.  Maybe all I would need is the confirmation code if I used his cell number.  He could tell me the code and I would be able to complete the registration and then once inside, I could change the phone number.  IDK, but just throwing out some ideas if you have a suitable situation and want to pursue.

6 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I think I started into looking at it or registering, but don't recall spending much time on it.  Perhaps I realized quickly would be excluded??  I doubt Allstate Canada has the deal.  I might try it again sometime as 15% is pretty generous. 

I would say that their software is editing for US-only area codes.  Might be cell carrier too, but easiest just to check area code.  Totally agree that it is a bummer since our countries are so inter-twined.  If I want them bad enough, I am lucky to have a brother living in USA, so I could get him to buy them and reimburse him.  Maybe all I would need is the confirmation code if I used his cell number.  He could tell me the code and I would be able to complete the registration and then once inside, I could change the phone number.  IDK, but just throwing out some ideas if you have a suitable situation and want to pursue.

I took a look at Allstate Canada and the deals offered are just a very small subset of the US version. Since the cruise we are looking at is some time out (Dec 2022) I think in the end we will just go ahead with booking our cruise (in US dollars) and paying just the deposit, and then hopefully by the time the payment is due (fall 2022) - Princess will have had rerun their promotion for us to get cards at the 10% discount for our final payment (and expected flight/onboard etc).

5 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

I took a look at Allstate Canada and the deals offered are just a very small subset of the US version. Since the cruise we are looking at is some time out (Dec 2022) I think in the end we will just go ahead with booking our cruise (in US dollars) and paying just the deposit, and then hopefully by the time the payment is due (fall 2022) - Princess will have had rerun their promotion for us to get cards at the 10% discount for our final payment (and expected flight/onboard etc).

Should definitely see 10% for Mother's Day next year.  I'd look for it again around Black Friday.

We book in USD always.  I use a US agency that gives a generous discount off the fare.  Won't find that in Canada either?  If you are old enough to remember the old Red Rose Tea ad tag-line, my often-used tag-line is the opposite - "Not in Canada you say?  Pity."

1 hour ago, Clampram said:

Can you help me with how you are using these gift cards? Are you bringing them on board to pay for onboard charges?

I bring up the cruise I want to use them for and apply the cards to my cruise balance.  It shows  instantly in my cruise personalizer under payments it gives you the option to apply gift cards. If you booked with a TA I think you have to call the TA to have them applied. You can also bring them onboard if you wish you can use them for your onboard purchase balance. I usually don't because of have OBC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Should definitely see 10% for Mother's Day next year.  I'd look for it again around Black Friday.

We book in USD always.  I use a US agency that gives a generous discount off the fare.  Won't find that in Canada either?  If you are old enough to remember the old Red Rose Tea ad tag-line, my often-used tag-line is the opposite - "Not in Canada you say?  Pity."

Indeed I remember Red Rose Tea  (and those little collectable figurines that came in the box) and that tag line - but JUST barely (I was a young child back then) 😉

28 minutes ago, franktown said:

I bring up the cruise I want to use them for and apply the cards to my cruise balance.  It shows  instantly in my cruise personalizer under payments it gives you the option to apply gift cards. If you booked with a TA I think you have to call the TA to have them applied. You can also bring them onboard if you wish you can use them for your onboard purchase balance. I usually don't because of have OBC.

Agree - I think the best use of them is to pay the balance owing on the cruise. 

8 minutes ago, voljeep said:

is that available to all those whose primary residence is in Canada ? 

IDK if that is a joke in light of my recent post on the Allstate gift cards, but Canada and US (Mexico as well) are treated as a single market.  Imagine you have read how Brits and Europe mainland are not eligible to book in US unless have an address or contact to use.  No issues for Canadians - we can book with either Canadian TA or US TA. 

We can also book in USD with Princess, but have to call and have a rep do the booking as online booking is forced into CAD.  Princess does not have a flexible currency flag on the website that would allow customers to choose.  Neither does HAL.  But Carnival does.  Wish Princess did as well as it would alleviate conversions (a PITA and Princess rarely converts accurately at their current rate).

• Thanks 1

Too bad Allstate does not offer the same to our Canadian neighbors.

In terms of getting discounts, my US based TA can book the cruise in USD or CAD.  So it's not just those based in CA that can book the cruise in CAD.