New rules about bringing soda, juice and water on board.

CineGraphic

31 minutes ago, SAKay said:

Just to clarify ... if you have the premium beverage package, it includes bottled water, correct?  No need to order bottled waters ?  Thanks ! 

Right

On 6/2/2021 at 1:00 PM, dog said:

Mine too!  A soda/ coffee package, 12 water bottles package are there now. 

Well over night the water, soda, premium beverage packages are no longer offered for my March 2022 sailing to pre purchase for cabin. 
I expect they will return. 

2 hours ago, dog said:

Well over night the water, soda, premium beverage packages are no longer offered for my March 2022 sailing to pre purchase for cabin. 

Well this morning everything is back for purchase. 
changing minute by minute. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, dog said:

17 hours ago, dog said:

Well this morning everything is back for purchase. 
changing minute by minute. 

And Saturday night there is only the soda package & the soda/coffee package for sale on for my prectuise purchase. 

not a worry as we have the premium plus package. 

website maintenance over the weekend?

On 5/30/2021 at 7:05 PM, dog said:

My cruise is March 28/22, out of Southampton UK. Bottled water is not offered to pre purchase for cabin, at this point. 

Back on again.   Website works again. 

I am a travel agent. This has always been the policy.  The no bottles policy is for glass bottles and has never been applied to plastic water bottles but always applied to glass sparkling water type bottles. I spoke to the online training for Princess, public affairs and my BDM and all of them agree that the policy has just never been strictly enforced and they probably won't be enforced in the future. If you read the boards some people have been able to walk on with a whole case of bottled water and several 12 packs of coke and some people have been limited. It is really up to the ground crew.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Peckishpixie said:

I am a travel agent. This has always been the policy.  The no bottles policy is for glass bottles and has never been applied to plastic water bottles but always applied to glass sparkling water type bottles. I spoke to the online training for Princess, public affairs and my BDM and all of them agree that the policy has just never been strictly enforced and they probably won't be enforced in the future. If you read the boards some people have been able to walk on with a whole case of bottled water and several 12 packs of coke and some people have been limited. It is really up to the ground crew.

That may have been true in the past, before the Corporation found an environmental conscience after being charged with various environmental felonies.

I continue to believe that, if Princess will not be providing bevs in single-use plastic bottles onboard, they won't be allowing pax to bring such onboard.

As for large quantities of soda being carried or checked onboard, that drains the line's revenues.  Further, it's likely those bringinh large quantities that ruined it for everyone.  After all, it's a cruise, not Camp Jellystone.

Since Princes and HAL fall into the same mgmt group, I believe Princess will adopt the same policies as now stated in HAL's contract.

Princess is pretty clear on their website about their Environmental Responsibility practices ... lots of measures even in evidence on our last Princess cruise, Feb 2020.

My belief is that Princess can't walk and chew gum at the same time.  For that reason, their focus currently is elsewhere, and they will make changes very soon.

Just checked the nee Princess contract, and the verbage indeed limits what bevs/,containers  pax can schlep -- Sec 5.

Edited by pms4104

15 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

That may have been true in the past, before the Corporation found an environmental conscience after being charged with various environmental felonies.

I continue to believe that, if Princess will not be providing bevs in single-use plastic bottles onboard, they won't be allowing pax to bring such onboard.

As for large quantities of soda being carried or checked onboard, that drains the line's revenues.  Further, it's likely those bringinh large quantities that ruined it for everyone.  After all, it's a cruise, not Camp Jellystone.

Since Princes and HAL fall into the same mgmt group, I believe Princess will adopt the same policies as now stated in HAL's contract.

Princess is pretty clear on their website about their Environmental Responsibility practices ... lots of measures even in evidence on our last Princess cruise, Feb 2020.

My belief is that Princess can't walk and chew gum at the same time.  For that reason, their focus currently is elsewhere, and they will make changes very soon.

Just checked the nee Princess contract, and the verbage indeed limits what bevs/,containers  pax can schlep -- Sec 5.

It has always limited the beverage. The wording has not changed in 10 years. Will princess adopt the same policies as other cruise lines? Probably. But this particular "change" is not. It's rhe same rules they have ways had. You might just see more enforcement than before 

Just now, Peckishpixie said:

It has always limited the beverage. The wording has not changed in 10 years. Will princess adopt the same policies as other cruise lines? Probably. But this particular "change" is not. It's rhe same rules they have ways had. You might just see more enforcement than before 

I beg to differ.

Have you looked at the Passage Contract as posted on Princess' website ... new verbage totally. 

As a TA, you need to familiarize yourself with the new contractual limits.

• Thanks 1

I still beg to differ.

I looked back at a Contract of Passage dated Sept 2015 (well within the 10 years unchanged of which you speak) ... and there is no mention whatsoever about water, soda, bottles, cans ... only wine and alcoholic beverages.  Image attached.

The new verbage, the subject of this thread, is vastly different ... and that Contract is dated May 2021, and currently is on thd Princess website.

There is a current website-posted Contract much like the unchanged one of wnich you speak ... but that applies only to certain sailings ex Australia, Japan, etc.

I don't know what a BD is ... but you and your agent support staff at Princess need to familiarize yourselves with current/changed policies so as to properly advise clients and/or agents.

Screenshot_20210609-141302_Thinkfree Office viewer.jpg

The passage contract has most definitely changed.

=========================================

Snip from Passage Contract for 2015 Cruise

image.thumb.png.b299f3f2288f83d79d96f3801a93bb80.png

Snip from Passage Contract for cruise in 2022

image.thumb.png.e99a3dbf65d60bc00db36887197a3310.png

Edited by Thrak

As a cruiser this is all I care about:

1. $20 for 2nd bottle of wine / no bottle over 750ml. So 1 bottle (750ml) + 1 bottle (375ml) = $20

2. Bring a H2O infuser bottle

3. Soda -> i don't drink soda so NA

4. Cranberry juice -> 12 oz cans

44 minutes ago, Thrak said:

The passage contract has most definitely changed.

=========================================

Snip from Passage Contract for 2015 Cruise

image.thumb.png.b299f3f2288f83d79d96f3801a93bb80.png

Snip from Passage Contract for cruise in 2022

image.thumb.png.e99a3dbf65d60bc00db36887197a3310.png

So is the newest contract not starting until 2022 ????

10 minutes ago, Ronnieslady said:

So is the newest contract not starting until 2022 ????

I would think if it currently is the only applicable Contract on the website, and it is dated May 2021, it ought to apply when sailing resumes.

Enforcement?  Who knows?

3 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

I would think if it currently is the only applicable Contract on the website, and it is dated May 2021, it ought to apply when sailing resumes.

Enforcement?  Who knows?

Yep. Snip of the very last thing on the Passage Contract:

image.png.ffcd2f012d79cb68e9fcb41b1fec068e.png

14 hours ago, pms4104 said:

As for large quantities of soda being carried or checked onboard, that drains the line's revenues.  Further, it's likely those bringing large quantities that ruined it for everyone.  After all, it's a cruise, not Camp Jellystone.

I need to have sodas that have no sugar and no caffeine. Princess has no Cola of this type.

If Princess does not have what I need, it is no threat to their revenues if I bring on what I need in the quantity I want.

And with the great push to sell Princess + fares which includes unlimited fountain sodas, anyone with that fare bringing on canned soda of any type is no threat to their revenues.

1 hour ago, caribill said:

I need to have sodas that have no sugar and no caffeine. Princess has no Cola of this type.

If Princess does not have what I need, it is no threat to their revenues if I bring on what I need in the quantity I want.

And with the great push to sell Princess + fares which includes unlimited fountain sodas, anyone with that fare bringing on canned soda of any type is no threat to their revenues.

What will you do about this?

and

no smart phone?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, caribill said:

I don't have an answer for you ... but, for whatever reason, Princess felt it time to set limits ... perhaps they need to reconsider the varieties of sodas they offer, both canned and by gun.

18 hours ago, Peckishpixie said:

Not correct. Old passage contract made no mention of non-alcoholic beverages, no mention of cans, glass vs. plastic bottles, no limits on non-alcoholic beverages. The only thing it mentions is that all luggage is subject to inspection. Maybe you are being confused with other cruise line policies. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, skynight said:

Not correct. Old passage contract made no mention of non-alcoholic beverages, no mention of cans, glass vs. plastic bottles, no limits on non-alcoholic beverages. The only thing it mentions is that all luggage is subject to inspection. Maybe you are being confused with other cruise line policies. 

I prefer the clarity. Might not like all of it but appreciate knowing what I can and cannot get onboard. Will now search for section on tawny port. Ship's selection has been woefully inadequate