Edge sails on June 26?

Jeremiah1212

5 hours ago, graphicguy said:

There are several companies popping up who are verifying COVID vaccines and people vaccinated.  Mine was done by gogetvax.com.  I’m betting cruise lines are licensing this same technology.  You send your info on line….easy-peezy!

This looks like a site for scheduling a vaccine, yet it sounds like you had one already and went to this site to get your digital record, I can't find where to do this on the site, can you help?

Everyone that is worried about the Florida vaccine passport regulation must not have anything else to worry about.  During a TA webinar yesterday the Celebrity Sales VP assured everyone that it won’t be a problem.   She told everyone that the Florida regulation was targeted to bars, restaurants, Walmart, CVS, etc., not the cruise industry.  The governor and the cruise line executives are working on a statement that clarifies the issue and that should be out in a couple of days.  It won’t be a problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

.  The governor and the cruise line executives are working on a statement that clarifies the issue and that should be out in a couple of days.  It won’t be a problem.

Hope you're right but not reflective of what is coming out of Tallahassee.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gracie115 said:

while I don't hate DeSantis as so many here do I think his Executive Order on not allowing requirements for vaccines is ridiculous and especially for cruising

It is no longer just an executive order that DeSantis can reverse. It is now a Florida law passed by the legislature and signed by the governor. Only further legislation or a court order that finds it in violation of another prevailing law can undo it. The Republicans are taking a partisan stand because most of the people who refuse to get a vaccine are Republicans. Which is ironic because DeSantis was all for the vaccine himself and the first governor, I believe, to open up vaccines to everyone 65 and older when other states were just vaccinating healthcare workers. The new law is highly annoying because few of us appear to want to go on cruises in which passengers do not have to be vaccinated.

• Like 5

Everything I have read on vaccine passports indicate that they are not the same as the vaccine card we got when we were jabbed.  Every quote I've seen from DiSantis' people talks about vaccine passports not the vaccine card.  Maybe I'm splitting hairs but that's what legislatures do.  I also still contend that the industry would be screaming bloody murder if this was going to prevent them from restarting based on the CDC conditions.  They are not. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

Everything I have read on vaccine passports indicate that they are not the same as the vaccine card we got when we were jabbed.  Every quote I've seen from DiSantis' people talks about vaccine passports not the vaccine card.  Maybe I'm splitting hairs but that's what legislatures do.  I also still contend that the industry would be screaming bloody murder if this was going to prevent them from restarting based on the CDC conditions.  They are not. 

Let's hope you are correct!!!!

10 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

The law doesn't specify vaccine passports it says they can't require documentation proof which would certainly include the card.

Have you actually read the law?  I admit I have not.  I've read enough legislation that there isn't enough Tylenol on the planet to make me do it again.  I'm going on quotes from DiSantis' people all of which used the term "vaccine passports" not "documentation proof".  If Online Check-In is enabled for our August cruise tomorrow as it should be I expect (hope) there to be a section to enter proof by way of the data on my vaccine card. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

This looks like a site for scheduling a vaccine, yet it sounds like you had one already and went to this site to get your digital record, I can't find where to do this on the site, can you help?

They also have a service to verify and digitally send proof of vaccination.  See if this works…

https://www.gogetvax.com/vaxyes-b

Same site but you can also google VAXYES.

It takes about a week for them to verify your vaccine and send a barcode showing that verification that you can store in your digital wallet.  I have mine on my iPhone.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

Have you actually read the law?  I admit I have not.  I've read enough legislation that there isn't enough Tylenol on the planet to make me do it again.  I'm going on quotes from DiSantis' people all of which used the term "vaccine passports" not "documentation proof".  If Online Check-In is enabled for our August cruise tomorrow as it should be I expect (hope) there to be a section to enter proof by way of the data on my vaccine card. 

The law does not say Vaccine Passport. You are correct though. It’s not the same thing. Americans do not have an officials Vaccine  Passport. It’s all theatrics… 

As far as online check in, you will not be able to upload your vaccine docs at first. The functionality will come but it’s not ready yet. You’ll need to take the card with you. 

2 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

The law does not say Vaccine Passport. You are correct though. It’s not the same thing. Americans do not have an officials Vaccine  Passport. It’s all theatrics… 

As far as online check in, you will not be able to upload your vaccine docs at first. The functionality will come but it’s not ready yet. You’ll need to take the card with you. 

We have the cards with our passports so we'll have them when the time comes.  A change to the X database to allow 5 or 6 additional fields shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks to roll out.  But the need does explain why a poster with an August 8 sailing hasn't been able to do OCI yet.  If we can do it tomorrow great.  Otherwise we'll just check back every few days.

Regarding the law, though, if it doesn't specify Vaccine Passport in the body is there a glossary that might define "proof documentation" or whatever term is used?

We have the cards with our passports so we'll have them when the time comes.  A change to the X database to allow 5 or 6 additional fields shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks to roll out.  But the need does explain why a poster with an August 8 sailing hasn't been able to do OCI yet.  If we can do it tomorrow great.  Otherwise we'll just check back every few days.

Regarding the law, though, if it doesn't specify Vaccine Passport in the body is there a glossary that might define "proof documentation" or whatever term is used?

Muster 2.0 is also built into the app so that may cause a delay with online check-in too. I haven't heard an update on that in a while. The website makes it seem like that part is ready. 

The bill lays out a blanket stance of  'vaccine documentation' cannot be requested. Vaccine Passport is just the fun buzz term they have chosen which just happens to be the totally wrong term. 

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) said Thursday that Celebrity's requirement that 95 percent of all passengers over 16 be fully vaccinated "violates the spirit" of an executive order he issued barring "vaccine passports," as well as a state law that goes into effect July 1. If the cruise line, a subsidiary of Royal Caribbean Group, follows through, it will be "subject to a fine of $5,000" for each customer asked to show vaccination status, the governor's office said.

2 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Everyone that is worried about the Florida vaccine passport regulation must not have anything else to worry about.  During a TA webinar yesterday the Celebrity Sales VP assured everyone that it won’t be a problem.   She told everyone that the Florida regulation was targeted to bars, restaurants, Walmart, CVS, etc., not the cruise industry.  The governor and the cruise line executives are working on a statement that clarifies the issue and that should be out in a couple of days.  It won’t be a problem.

Looking like it is definitely targeting the cruise line industry....

If the cruise line, a subsidiary of Royal Caribbean Group, follows through, it will be "subject to a fine of $5,000" for each customer asked to show vaccination status, the governor's office said.

51 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

If the cruise line, a subsidiary of Royal Caribbean Group, follows through, it will be "subject to a fine of $5,000" for each customer asked to show vaccination status, the governor's office said.

Pretty clear from the above.....this is going to be a mess.

And they are fairly clear that they are talking about simply asking for vaccination status, and not a specific document.

1 minute ago, morechances said:

Looking like it is definitely targeting the cruise line industry....

The healthcare industry is exempt as a matter of public safety.  If that is in "the spirit of the law" couldn't the same apply to the cruise industry?  After all, the industry was widely pilloried as a health hazard when this started.  So requiring proof for a few thousand passengers might be considered a public safety measure.

3 minutes ago, morechances said:

And they are fairly clear that they are talking about simply asking for vaccination status, and not a specific document.

I read the same article you cited.  Still seems to me, though, that since the industry isn't screaming bloody murder there may be a way through this.

1 minute ago, cltnccruisers said:

The healthcare industry is exempt as a matter of public safety.  If that is in "the spirit of the law" couldn't the same apply to the cruise industry?  After all, the industry was widely pilloried as a health hazard when this started.  So requiring proof for a few thousand passengers might be considered a public safety measure.

According to the governor's office, it does not seem to matter. These are not my words, they are their own words. 

Just now, cltnccruisers said:

I read the same article you cited.  Still seems to me, though, that since the industry isn't screaming bloody murder there may be a way through this.

There is definitely a work around......dock in another state.

So far this seems pretty clear.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, morechances said:

Nope.  Absolutely Not.  Won't be mess.  Florida isn't targeting the cruise industry.  Clarification should be out within a few days.   No need to worry.

Feel free to come back in a few days and say: 

Pee, you were correct.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, morechances said:

According to the governor's office, it does not seem to matter. These are not my words, they are their own words. 

As with all politics and bureaucracies there is a public face then there is reality.  They change all the time.

Celebrity said RCG, NCL and Carnival are jointly working on communication with the governor. Otherwise they are prepared to semantics their way around it.

Conversely, if things go wrong with these first cruises, the public perception around cruising is damaged forever. This little bubble of people on here and the huge demand they all talk about for 2022 is still somewhat artificial due to future credits and cruises that are not within final payment. They may be able to rebound from a pandemic once, but any setbacks in the future are going to cause major trouble. They can't afford to get this wrong. 

• Like 1