CDC to allow big-ship cruising from U.S. ports to restart in June

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I'm guessing celebrity has fewer kids so can go the 95% route, but carnival ncl and rcl cant. Not unless they throw kids overboard. 

Celebrity normally has fewer kids but there could be more so they plan on having to block bookings of kids after the threshold is met.

9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm guessing celebrity has fewer kids so can go the 95% route, but carnival ncl and rcl cant. Not unless they throw kids overboard. 

For their Alaska sailings this year, Carnival is not allowing anyone to board who isn't vaccinated - including kids.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

For their Alaska sailings this year, Carnival is not allowing anyone to board who isn't vaccinated - including kids.  

Yes of course, it's the exception, not what I think will be the rule, though I do wish carnival would be clearer. My roll call is getting antsy.

3 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

It's the requirement from Alaska so if they want to cruise there they must follow the health protocols from that state.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

Your joking right?....right?

I don't think so. I think it is an ant-Carnival bias often felt by those who have not sailed on Carnival.

I admit to once having that, and I let it affect how I felt on our first Carnival cruise. But, on our second I had a blast.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ontheweb said:

I don't think so. I think it is an ant-Carnival bias often felt by those who have not sailed on Carnival.

I admit to once having that, and I let it affect how I felt on our first Carnival cruise. But, on our second I had a blast.

Or possibly someone that used to work for the company

• Like 1

Just now, ontheweb said:

Ha, yes i figured that but trust me what i had initially written was a bit more lengthier lol

1 hour ago, Shakatime said:

No carnival is cheap and not as good or efficient of a company as RCI...

Absolutely lol, that is why rcl hasnt cancelled any july cruises as if every single one will be a go. Rcl peeps are screaming in frustration, especially the ones booking flights and hotels.

Every week with rcl they say maybe this week. 

(Don't get me wrong, I love Celebrity too) 

HEY ALL -- I was checking out what cruises were left for Christmas/New Years - and found this 7-night on 12/26 on Celebrity Edge. If you're looking for a suite, they have PLENTY to choose from. Hmmmm, I wonder why they still have so many categories still open??  !!

i-btcLjG3-XL.jpg

Tom

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

HEY ALL -- I was seeing what cruises were left for Christmas/New Years - and found this 7-night on 12/26 on Celebrity Edge. If you're looking for a suite, they have PLENTY to choose from. Hmmmm, I wonder why they still have so many categories still open??  !!

i-btcLjG3-XL.jpg

Tom

Put down $116,500 for a house or stay in the Iconic Suite for a week. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I can’t decide what to do!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Linsuesue said:

Put down $116,500 for a house or stay in the Iconic Suite for a week. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I can’t decide what to do!

Yep, I might be more inclined to save a little and just stay in the Royal Suite for a couple of weeks...  😉

Tom

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Yep, I might be more inclined to save a little and just stay in the Royal Suite for a couple of weeks...  😉

Tom

That makes total money sense Tom. Then you can take twice as many cruises!

20 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

HEY ALL -- I was checking out what cruises were left for Christmas/New Years - and found this 7-night on 12/26 on Celebrity Edge. If you're looking for a suite, they have PLENTY to choose from. Hmmmm, I wonder why they still have so many categories still open??  !!

i-btcLjG3-XL.jpg

Tom

Even if I were a multi-millionaire I would not spend $58k/pp for a week on a cruise ship - ANY cruise ship. That is so opposite my moral compass it almost seems offensive.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, regoodwinjr said:

It's the requirement from Alaska so if they want to cruise there they must follow the health protocols from that state.

Just out of curiosity, where does it state that Alaska is making that choice?  When I looked up the requirements to visit Alaska by sea and air, they didn't even require a covid test.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

Even if I were a multi-millionaire I would not spend $58k/pp for a week on a cruise ship - ANY cruise ship. That is so opposite my moral compass it almost seems offensive.

One of my best friends is a rock star. Two years ago, for his wife's 50th birthday, he got the Roy Disney suite on one of the Disney ships. It took a great deal of love for his family to splurge like this, but still made him uncomfortable. Something he would never do for himself, but a one time fantasy come true for the family. Don't know I I could.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sm3ds said:

If I had that kind of money I'd just buy my own yacht. 

That kind of money will get you a gold Rolex Yacht Master II wrist watch, but even a "starter" yacht will be well into seven figures.

• Like 1