Masks Mandatory in Most Locations per Cruise Ticket Contract

Ugh? These conversations are so sad.  Prior to Covid we were getting excited for upcoming cruises, hoped we wouldn’t be called to the naughty room,  complained if you got a whiff of a cigarette on your balcony, etc. LOL.  Now Covid is ruining the fun of cruising 😟.  I’m glad to have experienced such great times.  Unfortunately for us, for now, cruising isn’t for us.  I can picture upset passengers angry and taking their frustrations out on the workers behind the desk when all they are doing is what is told of them.  I don’t think cruising as it was pre-Covid will ever be the same.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, James4me said:

I can picture upset passengers angry and taking their frustrations out on the workers behind the desk when all they are doing is what is told of them.  I don’t think cruising as it was pre-Covid will ever be the same.  

Let me introduce you to my friend @ace2542😇

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

And I wonder just when you find out which type of cruise you are going to be on? Is it after you fly to the port and there are flashing signs designating the status of the cruise? Maybe just before sail a way it turns out that too many vaccinated passengers were no shows and the ship is changing its status to a masked up and distanced ship.

This is also my concern. In fact, I voiced this same exact sentiment somewhere on one of these cruise forums.

• Thanks 1

On 5/30/2021 at 1:01 AM, Junkhouse said:

Science has said vaccines are up to 95% effective and hardly any cases of death or serious illness.  I have seen an article/study that says that states with mask mandates had a 2% reduction in cases.

That 2% reduction would have been higher if people wore their masks properly. An exposed nose is as good as wearing no mask at all and I saw a hell of a lot of exposed noses with masks covering only the mouth. So.....there is that. IMHO.

15 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Royal has not released the protocols for their first cruises yet. You will hear more, correct and current information next week. 

Right. “Next week”.  Weren’t the final protocols to be released 30 days ahead of sailing?  The first Bahamas cruise is June 12th. No need to answer as my question is purely rhetorical. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Right. “Next week”.  Weren’t the final protocols to be released 30 days ahead of sailing?  The first Bahamas cruise is June 12th. No need to answer as my question is purely rhetorical. 

Well, the 12th is officially "next week". So when they board next Saturday, they will get the final protocols.

3 minutes ago, WeatherFx said:

Well, the 12th is officially "next week". So when they board next Saturday, they will get the final protocols.

What a perfect time to find out what you will be dealing with, just as you cross the gangway.🙄

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, WeatherFx said:

June 12th is 11 days away, not “next week” as the poster I responded to said.  Protocols as you board.  What a marvelous idea. 🙄

Edited by harkinmr

On 5/29/2021 at 4:15 PM, ace2542 said:

You have no chance in hell of getting a refund because you didn't want to wear a mask imho.

I would bet money that the cruise contract will state that the cruise may have to resort to masking and distancing due to less than 95% vaccinated passengers. If the contract does not say that, then they should fire their lawyers!

The only cruise that I would consider is one that offers 100% vaccination for crew and passengers. There is a much better chance that cruise will sail without mask mandates and no distancing required.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I would bet money that the cruise contract will state that the cruise may have to resort to masking and distancing due to less than 95% vaccinated passengers. If the contract does not say that, then they should fire their lawyers!

The only cruise that I would consider is one that offers 100% vaccination for crew and passengers. There is a much better chance that cruise will sail without mask mandates and no distancing required.

Celebrity, here I come. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

June 12th is 11 days away, not next week.  Protocols as you board.  What a marvelous idea. 🙄

No kidding, the 12th is next week, this Saturday is the 5th, which makes next Saturday the 12th - which is next week.

Edited by WeatherFx

5 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Celebrity, here I come. 

Celebrity or NCL here I come. Actually, NCL is our second favorite cruise line behind RCCL. NCL ships have the water slides and all that fun stuff that this senior loves to partake in. Celebrity.....not so much.

1 minute ago, WeatherFx said:

No kidding, the 12th is next week, this Saturday is the 5th, which makes next Saturday the 12th.

I edited my response.  The poster I was responding to posted yesterday (Sunday) and they said “next week”, which would be this coming week. We’re talking semantics when you’ve suggested that it would be perfectly acceptable to let people know protocols as they board. Ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, harkinmr said:

I edited my response.  The poster I was responding to posted yesterday (Sunday) and they said “next week”, which would be this coming week. We’re talking semantics when you’ve suggested that it would be perfectly acceptable to let people know protocols as they board. Ridiculous. 

I agree it is semantics. I was jesting when I made that comment about getting them when they board next week. It is ridiculous and I also have a Nassau cruise coming up as well as a Freedom cruise which seems to be going out of Miami and Bayonne at the same time in July.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Celebrity or NCL here I come. Actually, NCL is our second favorite cruise line behind RCCL. NCL ships have the water slides and all that fun stuff that this senior loves to partake in. Celebrity.....not so much.

Plus O Sheehans at 3am in the morning!

I don't get Royal's decision when the larger NCL ships Breakaway, Epic etc are similar to the Royal ships in many respects. Ok Royal has dodgems and NCL has a racetrack abd rope course. Surely both attract just as many kids under 12?

34 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Have never patronized NCL, I enjoy the loyalty reciprocity on Celebrity.