Masks Mandatory in Most Locations per Cruise Ticket Contract

As much as people love to share little personal anecdotes about where they live, that’s all largely irrelevant.

The cruise contract can and will change. They will leave mask requirements in there in case a situation occurs that masks do become required for everyone. What’s stated in the cruise contract does not have to be enforced by the cruise line. And the approach they take in compliance with CDC protocol regarding vaccine levels will dictate the mask policy. Reading too much into it really does no good and doesn’t provide definites to what may or may not happen. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, SailorMarg said:

Just signed in for July 24 cruise on AOS out of Nassau.  Section 4, b, (4) of the Cruise Ticket Contract provided during Sign In clearly states “ (4) mandatory use by each Passenger (except where medically contraindicated) of face coverings in most locations outside of the Passenger?s cabin while onboard, during embarkation, disembarkation and shore excursions...”. 

Masks for life! I told you all and you would not listen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

As much as people love to share little personal anecdotes about where they live, that’s all largely irrelevant.

The cruise contract can and will change. They will leave mask requirements in there in case a situation occurs that masks do become required for everyone. What’s stated in the cruise contract does not have to be enforced by the cruise line. And the approach they take in compliance with CDC protocol regarding vaccine levels will dictate the mask policy. Reading too much into it really does no good and doesn’t provide definites to what may or may not happen. 

They should just enforce the mask requirements for life for the health and safety of the staff onboard if nothing else. There is no reason for the staff to get sick from Cold, Flu, or Covid itself. In no other setting are thousands of people together in the same place for a week or 2 continuously.

5 hours ago, Junkhouse said:

A lot of stores here are not requiring masks but 80% of the customers still do. Vaccinated people are more protected by their vaccine then a little virtual signaling piece of material over their face,, according to the science.

Yes, vaccinated people are more protected by the vaccine than a mask, but to assume we wear a mask as “ virtue signaling” is ridiculous.  We wear one, where required, as both a courtesy and respect for the proprietors of whatever establishment we are at.  The employees have dealt with enough over the past year, with people thinking they have the right to decide what a business or health policy can be, to add to the challenges.  More and more places are no longer requiring masks, so in those places we don’t wear them.  And if someone chooses to wear one anyway, we don’t belittle them about it, we respect that is there comfort zone, or maybe they can’t get the vaccine due to a health issues, etc. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, SailorMarg said:

Just signed in for July 24 cruise on AOS out of Nassau.  Section 4, b, (4) of the Cruise Ticket Contract provided during Sign In clearly states “ (4) mandatory use by each Passenger (except where medically contraindicated) of face coverings in most locations outside of the Passenger?s cabin while onboard, during embarkation, disembarkation and shore excursions...”. 

Ugh! We have a cruise in October out of Miami. First, I’m not sure if it will even sail and second if masks are required then I want to cancel. Problem is final payment is the beginning of July and anything can change after that. So will masks be required or not on my sailing? That’s the million dollar question. Wished I had a crystal ball that actually worked.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, LXA350 said:

Thex require to have this flexibility and given that masks are not very popular as we see in this forum the cruise lines doesn't want to be in a situation the passengers will start to complain and request refunds etc because mask are "ruining" their cruise vacation.

🤣🤣🤣 Good luck to someone wanting a refund because they are told they have to wear a mask.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 3kidsncats said:

.....And if someone chooses to wear one anyway, we don’t belittle them about it, we respect that is there comfort zone, or maybe they can’t get the vaccine due to a health issues, etc. 

Agreed. I’m curious to see if/how many people will be wearing them in 6 months. I don’t care one way or the other, but it will be interesting to see. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

🤣🤣🤣 Good luck to someone wanting a refund because they are told they have to wear a mask.

You have no chance in hell of getting a refund because you didn't want to wear a mask imho.

1 minute ago, ReneeFLL said:

Agreed. I’m curious to see if/how many people will be wearing them in 6 months. I don’t care one way or the other, but it will be interesting to see. 

I would wear mine in the couple/few days lets say even a week before any cruise but only in that run up time to prevent me getting cold/flu so I would not be refused boarding. But only for that reason.

2 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

You have no chance in hell of getting a refund because you didn't want to wear a mask imho.

Agreed. Tell that to the entitled people who are going to try.

Just now, ace2542 said:

I would wear mine in the couple/few days lets say even a week before any cruise but only in that run up time to prevent me getting cold/flu so I would not be refused boarding. But only for that reason.

You never wore one before for a cold or flu so why would you start now?

Just curious, but why did you chose the numbers 2542 in your name?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Why are you not going to wear one forever?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

41 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I'd start now because I don't want any illnesses and the number of flu cases were way down this year. 

10 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

Yes, vaccinated people are more protected by the vaccine than a mask, but to assume we wear a mask as “ virtue signaling” is ridiculous.  We wear one, where required, as both a courtesy and respect for the proprietors of whatever establishment we are at.  The employees have dealt with enough over the past year, with people thinking they have the right to decide what a business or health policy can be, to add to the challenges.  More and more places are no longer requiring masks, so in those places we don’t wear them.  And if someone chooses to wear one anyway, we don’t belittle them about it, we respect that is there comfort zone, or maybe they can’t get the vaccine due to a health issues, etc. 

Science has said vaccines are up to 95% effective and hardly any cases of death or serious illness.  I have seen an article/study that says that states with mask mandates had a 2% reduction in cases.

21 hours ago, LXA350 said:

Thex require to have this flexibility and given that masks are not very popular as we see in this forum the cruise lines doesn't want to be in a situation the passengers will start to complain and request refunds etc because mask are "ruining" their cruise vacation.

11 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

11 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Why don't you read my comment and look at who I quoted. Read Ace, read. I never said I would ever ask or expect one. I was quoting someone else. Stop putting words in my mouth. 🙄

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, ace2542 said:

I thought you said masks would be required forever. I think you are finally beginning to acknowledge that you have been wrong. Mark my words!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

So i get onboard on the ship without getting Cold or Flu. And the 2542 comes from the number of my email ace1 or ace 20 or whatever was taken but 2542 wasn't.

10 hours ago, ace2542 said:

So i get onboard on the ship without getting Cold or Flu. And the 2542 comes from the number of my email ace1 or ace 20 or whatever was taken but 2542 wasn't.

Ok. Usually people pick a number that means something to them so I was just curious. No problem.

On 5/29/2021 at 9:18 AM, not-enough-cruising said:

The issue is that, as the guidance is written, once the unvaccinated number on the ship reaches 5% then EVERYONE is treated as unvaccinated. Masks, social

distancing, and capacity control for EVERYONE. 

Wouldn’t that percentage be greater than 5%? 

2 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Ok, you got me 

5.001%

And I wonder just when you find out which type of cruise you are going to be on? Is it after you fly to the port and there are flashing signs designating the status of the cruise? Maybe just before sail a way it turns out that too many vaccinated passengers were no shows and the ship is changing its status to a masked up and distanced ship.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

And I wonder just when you find out which type of cruise you are going to be on? Is it after you fly to the port and there are flashing signs designating the status of the cruise? Maybe just before sail a way it turns out that too many vaccinated passengers were no shows and the ship is changing its status to a masked up and distanced ship.

Yes sir, and I reiterate, I am not opening my checkbook until this is answered prior to final payment. 

On 5/28/2021 at 10:39 PM, Jimbo said:

What the chances if 1 person gets Covid, the Captain gets on the intercom and explains the situation and says from this time forward the masks go on whenever out of your cabin, or eating or in the pool.

I can see that happening. Captain rules when out at sea..........He may not want to be the ship that ruins it for everyone. 

On the Quantum, they locked everyone in their rooms a few weeks ago. No need for masks there. 

On 5/29/2021 at 1:04 PM, paulh84 said:

Royal has not released the protocols for their first cruises yet. You will hear more, correct and current information next week.