Athens Greece Airport Transportation

lhwaters

I am looking for any suggestions/recommendations for transportation from the Athens airport to the hotel.  Staying at the Grand Hyatt, but I suppose that doesn't really matter.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  

30 minutes ago, lhwaters said:

I am looking for any suggestions/recommendations for transportation from the Athens airport to the hotel.  Staying at the Grand Hyatt, but I suppose that doesn't really matter.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  

Check out the Greece ports of call sub-forum, lots of great info.   Here is the link for you:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/463-greece-ports/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

Check out the Greece ports of call sub-forum, lots of great info.   Here is the link for you:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/463-greece-ports/

Didn't realize this existed, thank you! To the OP, we are planning to stay a couple of nights at the Hilton Athens beforehand with points. We will probably just take a taxi from the airport. 

either a taxi, or google a shuttle service just inquire shuttle service from athens airport to whichever hotel you are staying.

in the alternative, since the port of athens is actually in pireus. y ou may want to take a cab or shuttle to a hotel there.i had a great hotel booked for 3 days prior to my cruise in pireius,and another booked in athens after the cruise. also email the hotel and they can advise you (and sometimes assist you) with transportation to and from the airport to the property.

• Like 1

Wow, with several reports of bag theft here, I guess we'll be taking a taxi.

It's sad that someone would do this.  There is nothing really valuable in most people's luggage.  Some clothes, toiletries.  All used.  Very little value to a thief, but the loss is of great cost to the victim.  Smh

• Like 1

We did book our airfare through NCL with the 2nd person flies free promotion, but were told since we are flying in a few days prior to embarkation, NCL's transport to the ship is not included.  Only from the ship to the airport:classic_sad:

37 minutes ago, lhwaters said:

We did book our airfare through NCL with the 2nd person flies free promotion, but were told since we are flying in a few days prior to embarkation, NCL's transport to the ship is not included.  Only from the ship to the airport:classic_sad:

Right, NCL doesn't drop you off at a hotel, they only arrange transportation for the day of  the cruise.  You've gotten lot's of tips here so hopefully everything will work out well for you.  

In reference to post #8 where the pax lost everything including personal ID and money as well, NEVER put your cash, passports, credit cards or other personal info in your baggage.  It should always be kept on your person.  We would always split our cash, take copies of passports and never carry more than absolutely necessary in credit cards. 

I know I probably sound a bit paranoid but we did a lot of travelling and were lucky enough not experience any thefts. 

Have a great cruise. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Right, NCL doesn't drop you off at a hotel, they only arrange transportation for the day of  the cruise.  You've gotten lot's of tips here so hopefully everything will work out well for you.  

In reference to post #8 where the pax lost everything including personal ID and money as well, NEVER put your cash, passports, credit cards or other personal info in your baggage.  It should always be kept on your person.  We would always split our cash, take copies of passports and never carry more than absolutely necessary in credit cards. 

I know I probably sound a bit paranoid but we did a lot of travelling and were lucky enough not experience any thefts. 

Have a great cruise. 

That's not being paranoid, that is great advice.

I hope to be in Athens in November after a cruise and found this site last night which has quite a bit of information:

https://whyathens.com/

• Thanks 1